Disable Camera Snap Sound ???

Anthony Chan 1688

May 8, 2013
Visit site
How can I disable the camera click sound when I snap photo. Its so annoying. I have tried looking into camera & phone settings but cannot find anything on this.

Any advise on this will be great. Thks.

djeff2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you have sprint they disabled the silent setting for the camera. Put your phone on vibrate or silent and that should silence the camera also.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is always the first request it seems on more new devices.

1. The carrier allows the camera to be silenced from within the Camera app settings or by simply silencing the volume levels, notifications, etc.

2. The carrier/region has removed the option of silencing the Camera click due to different areas of the world having laws prohibiting disabling the sound per privacy laws.

3. As with the S3 it ended up most had to root their device to disable the function if the carrier/region removed it.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
If your on AT&T you can disable this in camera settings. Camera>menu>settings>hit the gear and scroll down and you see the shutter sound toggle. I turned mine off ASAP.

brianphrack

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The camera silence problem... I encountered and researched this myself, one of the reasons I left Sprint, one of the more minor reasons, but none the less.

I frequent art gallery and symphonic events where this was a problem, silencing the phone was the fix, however I also attend political events/meetings where it is acceptable and more so necessary to receive calls, while at the same time unacceptable and a nuisance having the 'damn' camera shutter sound go off for every picture snapped.

In brevity, short of rooting, AT&T was the solution.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Camera ICS app on my S2 on Sprint. Iunno if it is compatible with the S4, but check it out. You can silence the shutter sound in that app.

kh4fun

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
ProCapture Free lets you disable the sound, however the free version limits the resolution to 3.2MP. The paid version says it allows higher resolution pictures. Camera ICS sounds good. Going to try it to see what resolutions it supports.

Patrick Tyrus 121

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is getting better at this.....

The Kyocera Torque still has a shutter with the
Enforced Stream Silencer & Camera ICS.

Setting the phone/volume to silence does not help either.

----
Also looking to fix the hooks for the Audio Sources Mic works (Ambient/speakerphone), but voice uplink, voice downlink, and whole conversation does not work either.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about this app? I have much caution about installing random apps! I am sick of getting the stink eye from people at events like my sons play from the stupid loud crack of the shutter sound! How does this app work? How does JB+ silence it? It seems there is a few different methods but the TW camera app does have a lot of useful features. I am just wondering how they do it with no root?!