Nexus.
    That is all.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:52 PM
    Nexus is a great value in comparision
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:25 PM
    Well reading that article, it would have been nice for Sammy to spend the extra $8 per processor for us to get the octacore. Then we will stop fighting over GS4 vs One

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 10:40 PM
    Well reading that article, it would have been nice for Sammy to spend the extra $8 per processor for us to get the octacore. Then we will stop fighting over GS4 vs One

It isn't an octacore. It is two quad cores that cannot run simultaneously.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    return_0 likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:44 PM
    I understand. But it does have advantages in power vs battery life doesn't it?

05-09-2013 10:47 PM

Not really, no.

05-09-2013 10:52 PM

Nope. Just a marketing gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

That is all.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Word.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-09-2013 11:20 PM
    It isn't an octacore. It is two quad cores that cannot run simultaneously.

It is an Octacore, it DOES have 8 cores. They just don't run all at once, but there are 8 cores.

8= octa
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 03:43 AM
    It is an Octacore, it DOES have 8 cores. They just don't run all at once, but there are 8 cores.

8= octa
    They are marketing it as having 8 cores being able to simultaneous run together

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    05-10-2013 04:10 AM
    And here i thought you were being mature:P
    They aren't lacking in hardware just Software. Use an iphone and after noticing how smooth it is you can realise that specs don't equate to better performance.

Besides Apples A6 is using ARM's A15 architechture which has been proven to destroy A9 based quad core processor.

Don't forget matt,about the iOS revamp.
    Oh and dont worry I'll keep BB away from you
    Okay only going to say one thing. If Apple used the same updated hardware as Android flagship phones and caught up on the software design and features then they would probably be way ahead because if you think about it back when they were pretty much even in ice cream hampster and gingerbread everyone gave the edge to the iPhone because it was cooler or whatever. Only the fact that they are so far behind is what makes people willing to debate which is better seriously and give android credibility but few are willing to admit how far the difference is now. When I say I want apple to do something epic it is because I want them to pull ahead and not just catch up. I want to go back to Android needing to push ahead rather than just muddle along with incremental updates to popular features. Right now I don't think anything is close to 4.2.2. Just my opinion.
    05-10-2013 04:16 AM
    What's on the inside of the phone, or how much it costs, or how many different features the phone claims to have mean nothing to me. It is user experience that matters.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila and TheLegoman like this.
    05-10-2013 04:24 AM
    Okay only going to say one thing. If Apple used the same updated hardware as Android flagship phones and caught up on the software design and features then they would probably be way ahead because if you think about it back when they were pretty much even in ice cream hampster and gingerbread everyone gave the edge to the iPhone because it was cooler or whatever. Only the fact that they are so far behind is what makes people willing to debate which is better seriously and give android credibility but few are willing to admit how far the difference is now. When I say I want apple to do something epic it is because I want them to pull ahead and not just catch up. I want to go back to Android needing to push ahead rather than just muddle along with incremental updates to popular features. Right now I don't think anything is close to 4.2.2. Just my opinion.
    That's perfectly fine I mean that's opinion.

05-10-2013 04:30 AM
    That's perfectly fine I mean that's opinion.

If Apple dual core = QUALCOMM quad core then Apple quad core should be way better, yes?
    05-10-2013 04:32 AM
    If Apple dual core = QUALCOMM quad core then Apple quad core should be way better, yes?
    Hell yeah. It would do some serious ownage to the people saying specs are everything.
    05-10-2013 05:13 AM
    What's on the inside of the phone, or how much it costs, or how many different features the phone claims to have mean nothing to me. It is user experience that matters.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    And the iPhone excels at that.
    05-10-2013 05:14 AM
    They are marketing it as having 8 cores being able to simultaneous run together

Where do they say that?

I want to see some marketing material where they say it runs all 8 simultaneously

And the iPhone excels at that.

Actually the iphone USED TO excel with the user experience, but Android has overtaken them.

Android is now the simpler operating system AND the most advanced.

On an iphone, without jailbreaking and voiding your warranty, you can't even add a time stamp to your texts and so many other basic features. You're limited in your experience.

Meanwhile with Android, you can simply pick the phone up and run with it out the box, it just works without any tinkering, but if you want to change something, then do it, you're free to do so.

Then you know you'll be able to do everything the iphone does and then some.

It's a reason iphone is stealing features from android - they know they are behind in product quality and market share

05-10-2013 08:29 AM
    Where do they say that?

I want to see some marketing material where they say it runs all 8 simultaneously

Actually the iphone USED TO excel with the user experience, but Android has overtaken them.

On an iphone, without jailbreaking and voiding your warranty, you can't even add a time stamp to your texts and so many other basic features. You're limited in your experience.

Meanwhile with Android, you can simply pick the phone up and run with it out the box, it just works without any tinkering, but if you want to change something, then do it, you're free to do so.

It's a reason iphone is stealing features from android - they know they are behind in product quality and market share

No. the iPhone still leads in terms of ecosystem because in my country we don't movies, books and magazines.
    I have all of that stuff on the iPhone.
    Where do they say that?

Well in my country Google doesn't give us books movies magazines and Apple gives us everything. Apps get updater quicker on the iPhone then my N4 like flipboard. I've had flipboard magazines on my iphones roughly 2 months ago and my N4 only got the update.

The iOS mail client simply looks much cleaner then android versions.

So don't tell me I am wrong because I have my opinion, you have yours.

05-10-2013 08:50 AM
    Where do they say that?

Not stealing features android but from the jailbreak community. Also android has more market share but look at how many android devices there are..... Hundreds of models.yet the iPhone still makes more profit.
    And my iPhone does have time stamps.
    05-10-2013 08:52 AM
    You are of course aware that Foxconn makes phones and devices for many companies and PC manufacturers in the exact same factories.....
    Here are just a few of them.
    Acer Inc.
    Amazon.com
    Apple Inc.
    Cisco
    Dell
    Google
    Hewlett-Packard
    Microsoft
    Motorola Mobility
    Nintendo
    Nokia
    Sony
    Toshiba
    Vizio

No surprise there, just look at the specs the iphone 5 is packing and were its built... ill give you a hit foxcom (apples manufacturer) has metal bars on its windows to stop employee's jumping out.
    05-10-2013 10:55 AM
    Read the reviews of the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 on Anandtech where they show the iPhone 5 still beats both in many hardware benchmarks. Android OS and apps generally have no ida what to do with more than two cores. Quad and 8 core procs are a checklist item to impress people. All it really does is cause throttling, heat issues, and poor battery performance.

Aquila likes this.
    05-10-2013 10:58 AM
    Of course that is completely wrong.

It's yesterday's technology at today's prices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 11:00 AM
    You really need to update yourself because everything you have said is wrong. So far wrong you should be embarrassed.

Um, yes it is.

Everything iphone claimed was new with the 5 has been some long ago with Android.

There are no new features on the iphone 5.

Biggest complaint about it that I hear from customers is no simultaneous talk and surf, yet even the Thunderbolt does that.

Iphones are outdated at release

05-10-2013 11:01 AM
    You really need to update yourself because everything you have said is wrong. So far wrong you should be embarrassed.
    Actually he's not. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Posted via Android Central App
    The Hustleman and Fairclough like this.
    05-10-2013 11:11 AM
    Not stealing features android but from the jailbreak community. Also android has more market share but look at how many android devices there are..... Hundreds of models.yet the iPhone still makes more profit.
    And my iPhone does have time stamps.
    Notification area.

Read the reviews of the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 on Anandtech where they show the iPhone 5 still beats both in many hardware benchmarks. Android OS and apps generally have no ida what to do with more than two cores. Quad and 8 core procs are a checklist item to impress people. All it really does is cause throttling, heat issues, and poor battery performance.
    I don't have battery issues with either of my quad-core phones. The kernel (yeah, the LINUX kernel) does support processors with more than two cores. It has for a while. Android sees all four, and uses them when needed. There are apps (like System Panel) that show this to be true.

Chetan, you're taking your opinion and stating it as fact. That's causing some of the "friction". Much of your experience appears to be based on geographic location. That needs to be taken in to consideration by you as well as those replying to you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 11:23 AM
    What am I wrong about?

Details.

Please correct me!

05-10-2013 11:59 AM
80 1234