S4 costs more than iPhone 5 to build

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
They are marketing it as having 8 cores being able to simultaneous run together

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

Where do they say that?

I want to see some marketing material where they say it runs all 8 simultaneously

And the iPhone excels at that.

Actually the iphone USED TO excel with the user experience, but Android has overtaken them.

Android is now the simpler operating system AND the most advanced.

On an iphone, without jailbreaking and voiding your warranty, you can't even add a time stamp to your texts and so many other basic features. You're limited in your experience.

Meanwhile with Android, you can simply pick the phone up and run with it out the box, it just works without any tinkering, but if you want to change something, then do it, you're free to do so.

Then you know you'll be able to do everything the iphone does and then some.

It's a reason iphone is stealing features from android - they know they are behind in product quality and market share

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Where do they say that?

I want to see some marketing material where they say it runs all 8 simultaneously

Actually the iphone USED TO excel with the user experience, but Android has overtaken them.

On an iphone, without jailbreaking and voiding your warranty, you can't even add a time stamp to your texts and so many other basic features. You're limited in your experience.

Meanwhile with Android, you can simply pick the phone up and run with it out the box, it just works without any tinkering, but if you want to change something, then do it, you're free to do so.

It's a reason iphone is stealing features from android - they know they are behind in product quality and market share

No. the iPhone still leads in terms of ecosystem because in my country we don't movies, books and magazines.
I have all of that stuff on the iPhone.
Where do they say that?

Well in my country Google doesn't give us books movies magazines and Apple gives us everything. Apps get updater quicker on the iPhone then my N4 like flipboard. I've had flipboard magazines on my iphones roughly 2 months ago and my N4 only got the update.

The iOS mail client simply looks much cleaner then android versions.

So don't tell me I am wrong because I have my opinion, you have yours.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Where do they say that?

Not stealing features android but from the jailbreak community. Also android has more market share but look at how many android devices there are..... Hundreds of models.yet the iPhone still makes more profit.
And my iPhone does have time stamps.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You are of course aware that Foxconn makes phones and devices for many companies and PC manufacturers in the exact same factories.....
Here are just a few of them.
Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
Cisco
Dell
Google
Hewlett-Packard
Microsoft
Motorola Mobility
Nintendo
Nokia
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

No surprise there, just look at the specs the iphone 5 is packing and were its built... ill give you a hit foxcom (apples manufacturer) has metal bars on its windows to stop employee's jumping out.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Read the reviews of the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 on Anandtech where they show the iPhone 5 still beats both in many hardware benchmarks. Android OS and apps generally have no ida what to do with more than two cores. Quad and 8 core procs are a checklist item to impress people. All it really does is cause throttling, heat issues, and poor battery performance.

Okay only going to say one thing. If Apple used the same updated hardware as Android flagship phones and caught up on the software design and features then they would probably be way ahead because if you think about it back when they were pretty much even in ice cream hampster and gingerbread everyone gave the edge to the iPhone because it was cooler or whatever. Only the fact that they are so far behind is what makes people willing to debate which is better seriously and give android credibility but few are willing to admit how far the difference is now. When I say I want apple to do something epic it is because I want them to pull ahead and not just catch up. I want to go back to Android needing to push ahead rather than just muddle along with incremental updates to popular features. Right now I don't think anything is close to 4.2.2. Just my opinion.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You really need to update yourself because everything you have said is wrong. So far wrong you should be embarrassed.

Um, yes it is.

Everything iphone claimed was new with the 5 has been some long ago with Android.

There are no new features on the iphone 5.

Biggest complaint about it that I hear from customers is no simultaneous talk and surf, yet even the Thunderbolt does that.

Iphones are outdated at release

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not stealing features android but from the jailbreak community. Also android has more market share but look at how many android devices there are..... Hundreds of models.yet the iPhone still makes more profit.
And my iPhone does have time stamps.

Notification area.

Read the reviews of the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 on Anandtech where they show the iPhone 5 still beats both in many hardware benchmarks. Android OS and apps generally have no ida what to do with more than two cores. Quad and 8 core procs are a checklist item to impress people. All it really does is cause throttling, heat issues, and poor battery performance.

I don't have battery issues with either of my quad-core phones. The kernel (yeah, the LINUX kernel) does support processors with more than two cores. It has for a while. Android sees all four, and uses them when needed. There are apps (like System Panel) that show this to be true.

Chetan, you're taking your opinion and stating it as fact. That's causing some of the "friction". Much of your experience appears to be based on geographic location. That needs to be taken in to consideration by you as well as those replying to you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It is an Octacore, it DOES have 8 cores. They just don't run all at once, but there are 8 cores.

8= octa

No. An octacore processor is like the ones Intel makes that run all 8 cores. The exynos is not an octacore. The best way to describe it is as a 4x2 or a dual quad core.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So has almost everything android has done. There hasn't been anything truly new in the mobile space for a while.

The whole point is they are selling old technology at new prices.

Everything they are calling new is old

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No. An octacore processor is like the ones Intel makes that run all 8 cores. The exynos is not an octacore. The best way to describe it is as a 4x2 or a dual quad core.

Octacore simply means it has 8 cores, period.

Samsung's processor DOES have 8 cores, 4 slow and 4 fast and they switch between the 2,but it's still an octacore

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You are of course aware that Foxconn makes phones and devices for many companies and PC manufacturers in the exact same factories.....
Here are just a few of them.
Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
Cisco
Dell
Google
Hewlett-Packard
Microsoft
Motorola Mobility
Nintendo
Nokia
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

You do realize that not all Foxconn factories are in China or Taiwan, right? For example, Google Glass is made by Foxconn, but in the US, where there are labor laws.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Read the reviews of the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 on Anandtech where they show the iPhone 5 still beats both in many hardware benchmarks.
So you're that guy who still values benchmarks.

All it really does is cause throttling, heat issues, and poor battery performance.
This isn't still 2010.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Samsung's processor DOES have 8 cores, 4 slow and 4 fast and they switch between the 2,but it's still an octacore

Simply semantics...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah no. Its two quad cores. They are two separate processor groups, each based on completely different designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac