Auto correct is good but?

raymondtrudeau

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Auto correct is good but let say I am typing in a word but auto correct thinks that the word is correct bit I don't want auto correct to fix it. How can I choose my word instead of auto correct. In iPhone I just tap the word and or doesn't correct it.
Thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an S4 yet, but I guess it would depend on what keyboard you are using. Somewhere in the Setting you will be looking for a "Language & Input" selection. Find the Keyboard section and see which keyboard is selected as your default keyboard. Personally, I have found SwiftKey the best keyboard to use on my Android. It has a great auto-correction and it allows you to select a different word, plus they built in a Swype type way of using their keyboard in the latest version.

First, check what keyboards are available to you and which your device is using right now. Maybe change to a different one they loaded. And if those don't work, you might want to check out others like Swype or SwiftKey... two that I have always like using and are available on the Play Store.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Also with swiftkey, if it thinks you typed it wrong, the way you typed it in always (from the week i've used it) seems to be on the left suggestion box. I've had to do this many times and its really helpful to have the 3 boxes with corrections.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i was going to try to stick with the stock keyboard but if you spell a word wrong you have to click the correct word instead of just hitting the space bar like swiftkey would do

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey is the King of keyboards. It does everything you need. Give the trial a go. The Kii keyboard is also excellent and it is free. But I still find SwiftKey to be better. Plus it has Flow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Jelly Keyboard 4.2 is also pretty good too. Less cluttered than Swiftkey and buttons are spaced better. But Swfitkey is good too.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
can you please link from the play store; there are several jellybean keyboards; i use swiftkey but wouldnt be apposed to using a different one

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
can you please link from the play store; there are several jellybean keyboards; i use swiftkey but wouldnt be apposed to using a different one
one thing I do with SwiftKey is change the theme to the light version and I add the arrows to the bottom. It makes it very handy when you need to scroll across letters.

troutspinner

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I spent quite a few hours playing with keyboards yesterday and SwiftKey is king IMO. Auto correction works like you would expect if you are coming from an iPhone. Jellybean is good too but SwiftKey I just liked the layout better.

Posted via Android Central App

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I spent quite a few hours playing with keyboards yesterday and SwiftKey is king IMO. Auto correction works like you would expect if you are coming from an iPhone. Jellybean is good too but SwiftKey I just liked the layout better.

Posted via Android Central App
totally agree and if you switch to the "Light" theme the look is very similar to an iPhone too.

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Auto correct is good but let say I am typing in a word but auto correct thinks that the word is correct bit I don't want auto correct to fix it. How can I choose my word instead of auto correct. In iPhone I just tap the word and or doesn't correct it.
Thanks

I don't believe Samsung allows this anymore (because of Apple). So it works as you typed; if you "misspell" a word pressing the space bar keeps that word there. The only way to correct it is to select it from the suggestion area above. But as everyone else stated, Swiftkey is much much better

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I like swift key but I like the number row on the stock keyboard
Is there a way to get a number row on swift key?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34