How many of you are trading the 16GB S4 for the 32 GB?

dd_terry

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What ever happened to the days where a phone was a phone? You put a 64g sd card in a phone that has 16g internal and it is not enough space. People have gotten to the point where they can't go anywhere without their entire life in their pocket. Honestly, how often will you ever use 64g of crap on your phone that you can't just use your computer or laptop for? Not to mention that if you are using all the crap you put on the phone that takes up that much space then you probably need a 9000 volt battery to last a day a lot more than you need the extra space. I am perfectly happy with my 16g model. It is a lot less expensive imo to just buy an extra sd card that you can use to store movies or tv shows that you would watch and just delete and replace them when you are finished than to worry about turning your phone into a hard drive full of things that you more than likely won't ever think about again once you put it in there.

I am happy you are happy with your 16gb S4. I don't understand why there is resistance to the idea that someone else might want a device with more storage space. If Samsung had not announced that they have the S4 in 16, 32, and 64gb versions this would all be moot. Either buy the 16gb S4 or look elsewhere. But, that is not the case. Samsung makes 32 and 64gb models also. Who are these devices built for if not for someone that wants them?

Samsung, Apple, and HTC seem to think there are people that want higher capacity storage options. AT&T agrees with there S4. The people that want 32 and 64gb devices, like myself, want them because we want them. We just need Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon to sell what is available out in the world to their customers. Us!

So, again if you are satisfied with 16gb I understand you. Let other people have the choices that Samsung already provides.

If anyone agrees with me please sign the petition to get these higher capacity S4's available through Sprint:

Petition Sprint should sell the Samsung Galaxy S4 32gb and 64gb versions

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I look at the expanded memory as a bonus on two different fronts...

1. If you need the extra space for media storage then this is the right step, no need to worry about fried SD CARDs or any of that junk that has plagued the S3 in so many reported incidents.

2. If your the type that like to resell your devices and jump on the next latest and greatest I believe the expanded memory is a more sought after purchase.

Exactly - number 2 fits me very well. :D

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I returned my white 16 gb GS4 because I started obsessing over the internal storage. Best Buy didn't have any 32s and I was almost to the end of my return period to I did the complete return. My plan was to snag a 32 gb but I'm really bummed out about the fact that there are no white 32gb versions and nobody seems to know if they are coming. I really don't like the black ones. Now my choice is to get another white 16 gb and try not to freak out over the memory situation or get the black one and be unhappy with the color. Meanwhile, I'm back on my iPhone 4s with its tiny screen that has a dead section that doesn't respond to touch. I'm crabby about it, too. If I knew for sure if there was going to be a white 32 I would be happy to wait for it but who knows if there will even be one? Now I wish I would have just left it alone and kept my original 16.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I returned my white 16 gb GS4 because I started obsessing over the internal storage. Best Buy didn't have any 32s and I was almost to the end of my return period to I did the complete return. My plan was to snag a 32 gb but I'm really bummed out about the fact that there are no white 32gb versions and nobody seems to know if they are coming. I really don't like the black ones. Now my choice is to get another white 16 gb and try not to freak out over the memory situation or get the black one and be unhappy with the color. Meanwhile, I'm back on my iPhone 4s with its tiny screen that has a dead section that doesn't respond to touch. I'm crabby about it, too. If I knew for sure if there was going to be a white 32 I would be happy to wait for it but who knows if there will even be one? Now I wish I would have just left it alone and kept my original 16.

Did you actually get a chance to hold a black one? I can only speak from personal experience, but I was in the same situation. To me, the memory function was more important than the color. After holding the black unit, I fell in love. I have a black matte Ultra Fit from Spigen on it now and I can honestly say it worked out for the best. I wouldn't trade for white now if I could.

Posted via Android Central App

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually get a chance to hold a black one? I can only speak from personal experience, but I was in the same situation. To me, the memory function was more important than the color. After holding the black unit, I fell in love. I have a black matte Ultra Fit from Spigen on it now and I can honestly say it worked out for the best. I wouldn't trade for white now if I could.

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see if there are any rumors of a white one. If its not coming I'll get the black rather than go with my second choices--the HTC One or the iPhone 5. I have the flip cover so there won't be that much of the phone showing anyway. I feel so down going back to my iPhone because even though its a good phone I miss the big screen and I especially miss having Swype!:(:(:(

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see if there are any rumors of a white one. If its not coming I'll get the black rather than go with my second choices--the HTC One or the iPhone 5. I have the flip cover so there won't be that much of the phone showing anyway. I feel so down going back to my iPhone because even though its a good phone I miss the big screen and I especially miss having Swype!:(:(:(

Good choice. If I still had my Note 2 (sold it on Craigslist) I would of probably waited too.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Smart move! If you are doubting now, you would probably regret it shortly after the grace period ends. I will stick with my 32GB S3 if Verzion sticks with only the 16GB S4 (looking like that is what they intend). Sure the S4 has an even nicer display and faster, but it is not that big a difference to lose 17GB of storage (S3 32 of box has 26GB, S4 has 9GB). Not even a year ago everybody was raving about the S3 and is still better IMO than any device besides the S4. Now, if the One had a sd slot and did not have the fixed navigation bar hogging .5" of display space AND was on Verizon- then there would be competition for me.

S3 32GB for me is a better choice than the S4 16GB.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Smart move! If you are doubting now, you would probably regret it shortly after the grace period ends. I will stick with my 32GB S3 if Verzion sticks with only the 16GB S4 (looking like that is what they intend). Sure the S4 has an even nicer display and faster, but it is not that big a difference to lose 17GB of storage (S3 32 of box has 26GB, S4 has 9GB). Not even a year ago everybody was raving about the S3 and is still better IMO than any device besides the S4. Now, if the One had a sd slot and did not have the fixed navigation bar hogging .5" of display space AND was on Verizon- then there would be competition for me.

S3 32GB for me is a better choice than the S4 16GB.

The S3 is still a damn good device. No arguments here.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My wife didn't know jack about this phone. She had an Iphone 4. When I started blabbing that I am getting a Samsung S4, anyway, she picked up a 16gb S4 from Sprint a couple days ago. Tried to get me to be a second line. No thanks, even though I am footing the bill. :( I am waiting for the 32gb version.. I am betting on May 30th or before. They are trying to milk all they can with the 16gb before they release the 32/64 ones.

Michael Tizzy

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64gb sd card and I don't require the use of a 9000 volt battery. The biggest issue, at least for me, was the inability to store apps on the sd card. For music, photos, and videos 64gb is great and I won't ever need more space for that. But it's the apps that got me lol.

I originally purchased the 16gb S4 but I exchanged it on Friday for the 32gb S4. I'm guessing the 9 or so GB that were remaining would have been sufficient for the length of time I plan on keeping the phone, but I didn't want to risk regretting the decision of not exchanging the phone later. Since the 14 day policy was still an option, I just paid the difference and a $36 fee as opposed to changing my mind in 7 months and not wanting to pay full price for the 32gb model. I guess I'd rather have peace of mind knowing that I wouldn't run out of any space with the 32gb model than to have to worry about running out of space with the 16gb model.

I just called ATT store and they told me the same thing. $50 difference and $35 for restocking. I think its worth the $85 investment. Apps and games can consume alot of memory and with more games coming out to meet the need of this super phone, the extra memory is needed. Im going after work.

What SD card you recommend? I was reading about some SD cards being slower than others and are "cheap"? Should I just get the samsung SD 64GB ? its about $60

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just called ATT store and they told me the same thing. $50 difference and $35 for restocking. I think its worth the $85 investment. Apps and games can consume alot of memory and with more games coming out to meet the need of this super phone, the extra memory is needed. Im going after work.

What SD card you recommend? I was reading about some SD cards being slower than others and are "cheap"? Should I just get the samsung SD 64GB ? its about $60

If they gave you the BS line like Verizon is that you can use an sd card for apps you can get the fees waived. Some are even saying your can put apps in the cloud.

I think it is now lies and the carriers can not plead ignorance now.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i traded up for the 32gb version and glad I did. Got the same bs line from both AT&T reps I talked to in store about "you can add a microSD for cheaper with no restocking fee". Must be some corporate line they are towing. Told them if that were the issue I'd be fine with the 64gb card I have in my device but apps can not be stored on the microSD. Both reps had a completely clueless look on their face after I told them this. Who knows how many average consumers bought into this line of crud and expect that they can save apps on their microSD.

However, I much prefer the white GS4 as this blue-ish black color just isn't doing it for me. But willing to deal with it for the extra space.

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the 16gb and a week later the 32gb was released. I made the switch. I would rather have the space and not need it than need the space and not have it. Plus for only $50 more why not.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch today. I should have waited, but no, why would I? I am selling my 1 week old 16gb bought at Best Buy because Best Buy told me that they won't see them until late June or July. I added a tablet I already owned and got a 32 at the subsidized price. It allowed me to keep my number once we swapped the sum card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The real issue is ATT should have announced the 32GB with teh 16GB or stated when it was coming. I doubt the 2 week lead time was too much of an issue they couldn't comment about it. It would have saved a lot of users from wasting $35 on restock fee's, AT&T with getting phones back that now have to be refurbished and sold at a lower price point. Smart business is to announce the full offerings up front.

I chose to wait and actually ordered an Optimus G Pro but the S4 32GB came out the same day so I chose to get it. Both phones are awesome, but the screen brightness was the only issue I had with the OG Pro.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
However, I much prefer the white GS4 as this blue-ish black color just isn't doing it for me. But willing to deal with it for the extra space.
I've gone back to look at the black one about 20 times now and I don't think I can bring myself to do it. I can hardly see the capacitive buttons at the bottom because of the shininess of it and I can see these little boxes around where those buttons are and it drives me nuts. I might just go back to the white 16 gb. I'm not a power user or gamer plus I carry an iPad mini in my purse too. I should have just kept the white one I had. I don't think there will be a white 32 any time soon and I'm currently using an iPhone with a defective screen.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm good with my 16gb.
Sd card for music and pics.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

I got the 32gb today. I'll use the extra space for pictures /videos. The camera runs a little smoother when you use the internal memory for storage

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've gone back to look at the black one about 20 times now and I don't think I can bring myself to do it. I can hardly see the capacitive buttons at the bottom because of the shininess of it and I can see these little boxes around where those buttons are and it drives me nuts. I might just go back to the white 16 gb. I'm not a power user or gamer plus I carry an iPad mini in my purse too. I should have just kept the white one I had. I don't think there will be a white 32 any time soon and I'm currently using an iPhone with a defective screen.

yea I can certainly understand not wanting to go to the black especially if you don't have the need for many large apps/games. I usually prefer black phones to white but with the GS4 I much prefer the white. I don't like the silly pattern they put on the face of the device. It looks decent on the white one but horrible on the "black" one. If I didn't feel I really needed the space I'd definitely have stuck with the white.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463