What's YOUR next KILLER idea for smartphones?

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Forget CPU speed, memory etc.. What is your idea of a really KILLER feature (built in or add-app) for a smartphone? Something truely "discontinuous".
For example, several universities are starting to use portable circuit labs which allow students to breadboard and test fairly sophosticated circuits in a mobile way with a scope, function generator all controlled with a laptop via usb. A great idea and it empowers students.
But of course most smartphone don't have that USB hosting capability (yet?).

I think something cool (since I do a lot of circuit testing) would be to have a WIRELESS voltmeter or scope module that my smartphone can talk to and display the measurements. 3 things here ... the meter being able to "talk" to the smartphone, the "sort of" real-time data communication between them, and of course the app that controls the measurement box.

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
A Battery that will last a full 24 hours with every feature avaliable on your phone turned on would be nice! We could start there anytime....

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Implementation of Nanotechnology.....Quantum Computing! That is where the future lies! I hope its within my lifetime. :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
A Battery that will last a full 24 hours with every feature avaliable on your phone turned on would be nice! We could start there anytime....

Agreed! Or Self charging batteries, or some new charging method
Batteries that charge via the electricity running though our bodies?
Batteries that charge when touching anything with some sort of current running in them (ex. Computers, TVs, Phones, etc.)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! Or Self charging batteries, or some new charging method
Batteries that charge via the electricity running though our bodies?
Batteries that charge when touching anything with some sort of current running in them (ex. Computers, TVs, Phones, etc.)

Or like old self winding watches, just us walking around and the bouncing that we do charges the battery. :thumbup:

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have this Freeplay radio with crank-recharger, a small solar charger and the usual AC adapter charger. It is great (charges 3 NiMH batteries to ~ 6V). A crank is sort of space prohibitivbe on a smartphone. If you have reasonable light that would be cool. or "wind up my smartphone" .. now I'm getting all wound up :)
I bike a lot so maybe a dock thing on my bike to recharge as I'm peddling.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Solar charging panels implemented into the display would be nifty, if they could find a work around of over heating, perhaps better ventilation to the battery.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This is more of a build on to other electronics, but wireless sharing of display without the need of an hdmi out, like the concept of nfc but with a tv instead of another nfc enabled hand held. This would require that the tv have a build for it as well, though.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This is more of a build on to other electronics, but wireless sharing of display without the need of an hdmi out, like the concept of nfc but with a tv instead of another nfc enabled hand held. This would require that the tv have a build for it as well, though.

Like Miracast?

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Or like old self winding watches, just us walking around and the bouncing that we do charges the battery. :thumbup:

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

That would be pretty amazing. I would like to see some kind of solar power recharge thing. Anything to make the battery last longer would be great.

Posted via Android Central App

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess so. First I have ever heard of this. Nifty. I googled it and it says the note 2 is compatible, any expierence with this?

Not on the Note 2, but on the Nexus 4. It's just finding a TV that's compatible that's the issue. LG said their 2013 lineup would have it built-in, but I haven't bothered to look as I haven't been in the market for a new TV.

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site
1.) Premium superior battery that will last a full 24 hours with many things running all at once (As someone mentioned above)
2.) Complete water proof
3. ) Duel sim card AND duel SD card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie