05-14-2013 03:32 AM
31 12
tools
    Is going to be ran and treated like every other section is. I mentioned in a post that I've personally allowed the rules to be bent and sometimes broken in an effort to allow some free speaking conversation. That's usually fine, but it has taken over this section and drowned out the people that really need help. Before anyone screams foul or "bias", please note that none of this will be coming directly from me. I have no bone to pick. I will no be doing any of this Moderating myself, as I have been involved in far too many threads for anyone to think that I'm being "unbiased" and/or "impartial". So the Mod team will be taking the duties over. They will be enforcing the rules. Strictly and to a T.

For some of you, this will come as a shock. You will realize that the way you've been acting has not be in the good natured spirit of the forums (heck, most of us are guilty of that at times, which is what's prompting this action). For others, it'll be a relief, and you'll finally be able to have a good conversation and get some questions answered and problems solved. For others, it won't affect you at all, since you're not part of the "problem".

Normally I would say consider this the first warning, but I won't. I'll let the team handle those.

Anybody can, at any time, PM me if they have questions, concerns, or comments. Some have taken me up on that, some have not. My door is open.

Thanks for reading this. Enjoy the forums.
    05-09-2013 10:36 AM
    Thanks for handling this whole situation with as much intregrity as you can, and for continuing to offer help for those of us who need it :-)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-09-2013 10:49 AM
    Oh sweet LORD thanks for taking a stand on this.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:53 AM
    Can definitely tell it's flagship smartphone season.

Times like this are when talks of religion and politics are less heated it seems.
    natehoy likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:57 AM
    I agree.. The biggest point made by Kevin was due to these ongoing problems in this section, those who have come here looking for help and support or quality discussion about the device have been shadowed for these problematic threads and people behind them. In that respects we have failed as a forum to provide you with our #1 goal of help and support.
    05-09-2013 10:58 AM
    Thanks for this Kevin.

I was working on quite a long post for another thread, but quite honestly I don't want to spark anything more.

The big things from my point of view are the following:

1. We ensure candid and respectful discussions take place at all times
    2. Members get answers to their questions in a friendly environment
    3. Everyone treats EVERYONE with the respect they deserve (this includes members, mods, editorial team, EIC's, admins, etc.)

Perhaps the most important point is point #3... if we always show respect, we avoid the trolling, flame wars and other disruptive forces that can make a good thread go bad.

We're all a family. Share your opinions and ideas, but also share the love and respect.

*group hug*
    05-09-2013 11:15 AM
    Thank you for getting things under control.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 11:19 AM
    Thanks for this Kevin.

I was working on quite a long post for another thread, but quite honestly I don't want to spark anything more.

The big things from my point of view are the following:

1. We ensure candid and respectful discussions take place at all times
    2. Members get answers to their questions in a friendly environment
    3. Everyone treats EVERYONE with the respect they deserve (this includes members, mods, editorial team, EIC's, admins, etc.)

Perhaps the most important point is point #3... if we always show respect, we avoid the trolling, flame wars and other disruptive forces that can make a good thread go bad.

We're all a family. Share your opinions and ideas, but also share the love and respect.

*group hug*
    As long as that's followed, I don't think anyone here should have any issues.
    mcshaggin, madlaw1071 and tohio like this.
    05-09-2013 11:28 AM
    Thank goodness!
    It was funny in the beginning, but now its gotten really old, especially since the phones are already out and people are still trolling
    I'm only here to help, and usually ignore the ignorance
    05-09-2013 11:28 AM
    One other thing. Please use the Report Post button in the top right of the post if something needs our attention. We really do look.
    05-09-2013 11:30 AM
    Well it's about time.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!
    05-09-2013 11:35 AM
    Nice! It will be nice to not just dig through flame wars .

Gj Kevin.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-09-2013 12:51 PM
    Good job Kevin, I'm glad to see someone grabbing the reigns of these out of control threads.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    05-09-2013 01:43 PM
    Im glad to hear this, my question about sending back phone for EXCHANGE got closed because (admittedly) I responded to a jerk in the wrong way but hopefully these guys will get in trouble before they get a chance to cause trouble for us. I did not appreciate that at all.
    05-09-2013 04:17 PM
    I'll be increasingly more active in this section along with the rest of the team, and although I've said it many times before, my door is always open as well. We enjoy working with the community members, so don't feel as though you're further burdening us in any way by sending us a message or otherwise opening communication. Even just to say hello.

And I want to emphasize Kevin's comment on the Report Post button. I check those reports more often than I check the AC homepage. Also: there is a Report PM button as well. Use it if appropriate.
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    05-09-2013 06:04 PM
    Bump. Because this needs to be at the top again. :-)
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-10-2013 01:47 AM
    GO TO BED, KEVIN!

Amen to your OP, btw. Sounds like a plan.
    05-10-2013 02:58 AM
    GO TO BED, KEVIN!

Amen to your OP, btw. Sounds like a plan.
    I don't sleep. :-P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 08:08 AM
    05-10-2013 08:35 AM
    People still pay attention to those?

05-10-2013 08:40 AM
    People still pay attention to those?

Kind of hard to pay attention to a sticky when it's on a different page on your new app.

Posted via Android Central App using motion gestures on my S4
    05-10-2013 08:52 AM
    Kind of hard to pay attention to a sticky when it's on a different page on your new app.

Good point.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 09:30 AM
    Sorry Kevin, I also wanted to say that regardless that the stickies are on a different page, I'm loving the new app.
    I might not even use taptalk anymore as a result....that is how much I enjoy the AC app.

I do wish that there was a way to upload pics like on taptalk. Maybe I just cant find the way to do it yet if it is an option.

05-10-2013 09:36 AM
    Sorry Kevin, I also wanted to say that regardless that the stickies are on a different page, I'm loving the new app.
    I might not even use taptalk anymore as a result....that is how much I enjoy the AC app.

I do wish that there was a way to upload pics like on taptalk. Maybe I just cant find the way to do it yet if it is an option.

Still many features to be added, and trust me when I say the forums team is pushing hard to be better than Tapatalk.

05-10-2013 09:51 AM
    That said, I'm posting from Tapatalk lol.

05-10-2013 09:52 AM
31 12