05-11-2013 05:38 PM
121 1234 ...
tools
    FYI...I had to download the latest software update from AT&T so the 32s aren't coming preloaded.
    Appreciate you sharing that and the available storage. Congrats on the new phone.
    05-09-2013 02:39 PM
    Just called my local att and they said they will have the 32gb galaxy s4 in a few days.. My 2 weeks is up today so I'm in a bind :/

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4
    Go flip phone for a few days rather than app juggle for a lot longer
    05-09-2013 02:53 PM
    24GB free...
    Yeah that's all my media right there. I'd still need a memory card. Might as well keep my 16GB lol.
    05-09-2013 02:56 PM
    At least you can reach your stores. No bull****, but I haven't been able to get in contact with THREE different AT&T stores around here. They refuse to pick their phones up. I'm sure they are busy but damn I've been trying for almost an hour and a half now.

Congrats on your phone, and congrats on having a competent AT&T store close by. When I spoke with stores earlier in the week they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Not only do they to know, but around here they treat people so rudely when we have simple questions.

Really starting to doubt that I'll be able to walk in the store tomorrow and pick one up.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-09-2013 03:00 PM
    Yea the girl from best buy tried to tell me the same thing. I told her she was misinformed. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Lol well hope we both find a store that has them tomorrow. I am off so will be there first thing in the morning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    05-09-2013 03:01 PM
    Yes! With the official launch tomorrow you would think they'd know something about it.

The guy I spoke to was so rude though,I guess that's what bothers me most. Cause he was very adamant that there is and will not be any 32gb S4'and there only is the 16gb. And suggest I just get an sd card. I told him you can't put apps on it and he tried to tell me otherwise.
    :rolleyes:

I might just do the pre-order though from the other store to actually see if its for the 32gb and not 16

Couldn't agree more. I went to one of the local AT&T stores in my city yesterday as I've been thinking about trading-up to the 32GB. The guy I spoke with played dumb. When i told him I pre-ordered the phone on 4/23 and recieved and activated it on 4/24 he sudddenly "grew a pair" and stated I just missed my 2 week buyers remorse clause by one day! And that was that!
    Note: To anyone that pre-ordered online. They count the actual "order placement date "as one day in the BR clause so be aware of this.
    These people at the stores really don't seem to have a clue sometimes...

So needless to say, this didn't set very-well with me at all. So as soon as I got home, I wrote a quick e-mail to AT&T stating my "displeasure".
    To my amazement, within 10 minutes, I get a reply e-mail back with the following;

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013, AT&T Email Business Customer Care for Wireless wrote:
    Dear Scott,
    I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the 16 GB Galaxy S4. I would be happy to work with you to get the 32 GB Galaxy S4. When the 32 GB Galaxy S4 is available, I would be happy to order one for you. We would charge you the difference between the cost of the 16 GB and 32 GB device. Once you receive the 32 GB Galaxy S4, you can send the 16 GB Galaxy S4 directly to me. Since you are outside of the buyer's remorse period and we are making an exception, you will not be able to order the device online, or go to a store to get the device. The exchange will have to be done thru Customer Care.
    I would like to contact you by phone on Friday, the release date of the device. When I order the device, a credit card payment will be required. Please provide me with a good phone number and approximate time to reach you on Friday afternoon. I cannot contact you after 9:00 PM in your local time zone. I work 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM PST Tues - Sat.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Sincerely,
    Deanna G.
    AT&T National Solution Centers

I'll let you all know how it goes...
    05-09-2013 03:02 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I went to one of the local AT&T stores in my city yesterday as I've been thinking about trading-up to the 32GB. The guy I spoke with played dumb. When i told him I pre-ordered the phone on 4/23 and recieved and activated it on 4/24 he sudddenly "grew a pair" and stated I just missed my 2 week buyers remorse clause by one day! And that was that!
    Note: To anyone that pre-ordered online. They count the actual "order placement date "as one day in the BR clause so be aware of this.
    These people at the stores really don't seem to have a clue sometimes...

So needless to say, this didn't set very-well with me at all. So as soon as I got home, I wrote a quick e-mail to AT&T stating my "dispeasure".
    To my amazement, within 10 minutes, I get a reply e-mail back with the following;

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013, AT&T Email Business Customer Care for Wireless wrote:
    Dear Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the 16 GB Galaxy S4. I would be happy to work with you to get the 32 GB Galaxy S4. When the 32 GB Galaxy S4 is available, I would be happy to order one for you. We would charge you the difference between the cost of the 16 GB and 32 GB device. Once you receive the 32 GB Galaxy S4, you can send the 16 GB Galaxy S4 directly to me. Since you are outside of the buyer's remorse period and we are making an exception, you will not be able to order the device online, or go to a store to get the device. The exchange will have to be done thru Customer Care.
    I would like to contact you by phone on Friday, the release date of the device. When I order the device, a credit card payment will be required. Please provide me with a good phone number and approximate time to reach you on Friday afternoon. I cannot contact you after 9:00 PM in your local time zone. I work 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM PST Tues - Sat.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Deanna G.
    AT&T National Solution Centers

I'll let you all know how it goes...
    I got an upgrade over a year in advance to get the S4. Not only did they let me upgrade, they let me walk into the store and do it. AT&T can be very, very flexible if pushed enough.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-09-2013 03:08 PM
    I got an upgrade over a year in advance to get the S4. Not only did they let me upgrade, they let me walk into the store and do it. AT&T can be very, very flexible if pushed enough.
    Correction... AT&T corporate over the phone is very flexible. The stores? Yeah, not so much. AT&T let's me upgrade every year as well, but I have to call first. And then when I go in the store, they're a little pissed off cause they act like you went over their heads.

skiner5246 likes this.
    05-09-2013 03:16 PM
    Correction... AT&T corporate over the phone is very flexible. The stores? Yeah, not so much. AT&T let's me upgrade every year as well, but I have to call first. And then when I go in the store, they're a little pissed off cause they act like you went over their heads.

Should have been more specific. You're right.
    05-09-2013 03:17 PM
    I'm still waiting on Verizon.

AT&T will have the 64GB out before Verizon even starts selling the 16GB
    05-09-2013 03:26 PM
    The title of this thread actually made me laugh Who's returning their 9gb for a 25gb? - xda-developers

I didn't read the comment yet. But just a bit of humor for today.
    05-09-2013 03:29 PM
    And you didn't have to Pay a &250 fee on top of the phone?

My husband wants the phone now too but isn't due for upgrade until July. I called to ask if they would let us upgrade his phone early they said only if we pay the 250 on top of the price of the phone

05-09-2013 03:30 PM

My husband wants the phone now too but isn't due for upgrade until July. I called to ask if they would let us upgrade his phone early they said only if we pay the 250 on top of the price of the phone

I've been a customer for quite awhile and have 5 lines. They typically don't give me a hard time when I ask for something.
    05-09-2013 03:39 PM
    I've been a customer for quite awhile and have 5 lines. They typically don't give me a hard time when I ask for something.
    Same here Eric.

05-09-2013 03:58 PM
    I see, I've been an AT&T customer forever, I was hoping they'd be a little more lenient.

05-09-2013 04:01 PM
    I see, I've been an AT&T customer forever, I was hoping they'd be a little more lenient.

Sometimes it's just a matter of talking to the right person. Many people get results by hanging up, calling back and speaking to someone different.
    05-09-2013 04:04 PM

He could probably get his upgrade moved forward if he calls customer care, not the store. Tell him to call 611 from his phone and see if he can get his upgrade moved forward so he can buy the S4 at the contract price. Also, I rarely go to the stores. They do their best but they are just not told anything. They really have little or no advanced word on much of this stuff so they try to tell you somehting but it is often wrong. I just chatted with ATT and they set up an appointment to call me tomorrow and sell me my Black 32GB S4 once it hits their system. My upgrade is getting moved up from June.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    05-09-2013 04:08 PM
    I can't find one anywhere trying to use this store locator

05-09-2013 04:09 PM
    Eric Kane + Statusnone = "Ballers"
    05-09-2013 04:10 PM
    He could probably get his upgrade moved forward if he calls customer care, not the store. Tell him to call 611 from his phone and see if he can get his upgrade moved forward so he can buy the S4 at the contract price. Also, I rarely go to the stores. They do their best but they are just not told anything. They really have little or no advanced word on much of this stuff so they try to tell you somehting but it is often wrong. I just chatted with ATT and they set up an appointment to call me tomorrow and sell me my Black 32GB S4 once it hits their system. My upgrade is getting moved up from June.
    Okay, I'll have him try this. I'm wondering if I should do the same - to save me the hassle of trying to get a phone in stores and it being sold out before I can get my grubby hands on it lol
    05-09-2013 04:20 PM
    Okay, I'll have him try this. I'm wondering if I should do the same - to save me the hassle of trying to get a phone in stores and it being sold out before I can get my grubby hands on it lol
    I'd also suggest a follow up email from your "my account" screen on AT&T online. Unfortunately, you never know if you get someone on the phone that's "cool" to work with or not.
    - Good luck
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    05-09-2013 04:33 PM
    So I headed down to the store... take all of this with a grain of salt but here it is.

My store is closing early tonight. They're releasing a couple of phones tomorrow so they're setting up the displays. Not only do they have a couple of BLACK 32GB S4's, they are releasing the Black HTC One tomorrow as well (got a chance to see the phone theyre putting on display, the black is GORGEOUS).

Anyway, spoke with the store manager who was extremely helpful (shocker) and informed me they received no white 32GB models. Not only do they have no white, but also around this area of Florida there are no stores that even have the 16GB in white. The demand is so high for the white, that stores are in very limited supply. The store manager also did some digging for me. He tried to find the SKU number for the phone. He found the 16GB in both colors, the 32GB in black, even the 32GB black refurb SKU was in his system, but no white. Then he managed to look at the warehouse ordering system... STILL no SKU in existence for the white 32GB model. He told me either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they're not going to carry white right away or they just haven't released the SKU yet, which in his 10 years of experience is unlikely. He advised me to check online tomorrow when the release date actually hits, or call/come in the store.

This was extremely frustrating. Sorry, the black is NOT for me. And going back to the 16GB is also not an option for me. I have so many "Galaxy specific" accessories that switching phones isn't much of an option either. The HTC One in black is so gorgeous, but the software (for me anyway) is just unusable and the button set up isn't what I need.

So good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong, and I'll wake up tomorrow morning and see a nice, shiny, white S4 in 32GB on AT&T's webpage, ready for me to order. But if the stores don't even have a SKU number available... it's not looking too good.
    FitMomXtine and skiner5246 like this.
    05-09-2013 06:56 PM
    So I headed down to the store... take all of this with a grain of salt but here it is.

My store is closing early tonight. They're releasing a couple of phones tomorrow so they're setting up the displays. Not only do they have a couple of BLACK 32GB S4's, they are releasing the Black HTC One tomorrow as well (got a chance to see the phone theyre putting on display, the black is GORGEOUS).

Anyway, spoke with the store manager who was extremely helpful (shocker) and informed me they received no white 32GB models. Not only do they have no white, but also around this area of Florida there are no stores that even have the 16GB in white. The demand is so high for the white, that stores are in very limited supply. The store manager also did some digging for me. He tried to find the SKU number for the phone. He found the 16GB in both colors, the 32GB in black, even the 32GB black refurb SKU was in his system, but no white. Then he managed to look at the warehouse ordering system... STILL no SKU in existence for the white 32GB model. He told me either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they're not going to carry white right away or they just haven't released the SKU yet, which in his 10 years of experience is unlikely. He advised me to check online tomorrow when the release date actually hits, or call/come in the store.

This was extremely frustrating. Sorry, the black is NOT for me. And going back to the 16GB is also not an option for me. I have so many "Galaxy specific" accessories that switching phones isn't much of an option either. The HTC One in black is so gorgeous, but the software (for me anyway) is just unusable and the button set up isn't what I need.

So good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong, and I'll wake up tomorrow morning and see a nice, shiny, white S4 in 32GB on AT&T's webpage, ready for me to order. But if the stores don't even have a SKU number available... it's not looking too good.
    Black one is what I am wanting. Still haven't located one in Tn

05-09-2013 07:32 PM
    I can say I can concur with almost everyone who posted above. I called 3 stores in the DC area today and went in person to another and no one could say they were aware of a 32 gb coming!! I was ready to pull my hair out. Was trying to at least get a feel for how many they would have tomorrow, etc. no help any where!

So my question is, do I order online in the am if available or try and track one down in person?? I too would like the white version. I'm also switching from the iPhone 4S. So very excited for the switch. Last felt this way when I got my first iPhone 4 yrs ago.
    05-09-2013 08:22 PM
    In Winston Salem, NC here. Called one store and they didn't have it. Went into another and was able to snag one.
    05-09-2013 08:53 PM
121 1234 ...