05-11-2013 05:38 PM
121 ... 2345
tools
    Well I traded my 16GB in today for the 32GB. The rep told me he wasn't sure if they made a 32GB but I told him it was brand new and out today. Luckily he checked the back was able to find me one. He said the store only got 2 32GB's in so I guess I got lucky.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-10-2013 12:08 PM
    Well I traded my 16GB in today for the 32GB. The rep told me he wasn't sure if they made a 32GB but I told him it was brand new and out today. Luckily he checked the back was able to find me one. He said the store only got 2 32GB's in so I guess I got lucky.
    Barrett Pkwy?
    05-10-2013 12:35 PM
    Barrett Pkwy?
    no cobb pkwy(41) near mars hill.
    05-10-2013 12:47 PM
    Called the stores around here and each store received only two 32GB's and they were all black.
    Man, I hope Verizon pops out the 32GB whenever they decide to start selling the S4.
    05-10-2013 01:08 PM
    Just picked up my 32GB S4 two hours ago. The store rep did not even know they had them in until I insisted they check the lastest shipment they received. 24GB of memory showing for use. Was a little laggy but DL the ATT update and now it seems very smooth. Will be installing, updating & tweaking apps and SD card over the next few hours. In West Bloomfield, Michigan BTW.
    05-10-2013 01:09 PM
    Just picked up my Galaxy! My store got 10 in total, I was the first to pick from the patch. Man this is mind blowing, I feel overwhelmed almost coming from iOS. Love it!
    They said black is the only color available in general, which may or may not be true, but worth a note.
    Having frustrations with my Moshi screen protector I bought though. Collects oil like no tomorrow. -_-
    05-10-2013 02:10 PM
    Just picked up my Galaxy! My store got 10 in total, I was the first to pick from the patch. Man this is mind blowing, I feel overwhelmed almost coming from iOS. Love it!
    They said black is the only color available in general, which may or may not be true, but worth a note.
    Having frustrations with my Moshi screen protector I bought though. Collects oil like no tomorrow. -_-
    I think that's the coolest part for me; listening to the people who are making the switch from iOS, Windows 8, BlackBerry, etc. It's such a different experience. Glad you like it, man. There's so many things you can do with this phone.
    05-10-2013 02:14 PM
    Man I am in the same boat! Really wanted the white one too, but looks like it's not avaliable. (Deliberate move by AT&T perhaps?)
    Status, can you please confirm if that phone is really black? or a little purpulish like the S3? Just wondering as this will greatly help my decision later today to get this unit, or just deal with the 16GB white phone I have now.

*Sigh* AT&T are making things more difficult than neccessary it seems...
    It's black, brother. It's got a hint of blue to it but only in the light and nothing like the S3 in titanium grey. Best thing I can tell you is go down to the store yourself and hold one. Just picked up my 32GB S4 from my local AT&T-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368213832.996007.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:23 PM
    It's black, brother. It's got a hint of blue to it but only in the light and nothing like the S3 in titanium grey. Best thing I can tell you is go down to the store yourself and hold one. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368213832.996007.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	67696

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    No idea why so many people dog this phone. It's gorgeous.
    Statusnone and txtoast like this.
    05-10-2013 02:30 PM
    They dog it because it's not fresh. The differences between it, the S2, S3, and design (not size) of the note are very similar. Not that I agree with those people because I don't have a problem with it. But I could understand why someone isn't wow'd by the looks of the device. Now someone who's coming from other devices and never used an galaxy phones extensively would most likely have different feelings. I can understand both sides.
    05-10-2013 02:40 PM
    Not dogging it it all. Just curious as I have a white case allready. My wife and son have the darker version of the S3 and it's like seeing a re-run of Prince's "Purple Rain" movie whenever I look at it. Again, not a dig, just my personal preference.(Guess I'm a little anal like that and need therapy, I'll admit it.) Oh well, I may just have to go for it!
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:41 PM
    They dog it because it's not fresh. The differences between it, the S2, S3, and design (not size) of the note are very similar. Not that I agree with those people because I don't have a problem with it. But I could understand why someone isn't wow'd by the looks of the device. Now someone who's coming from other devices and never used an galaxy phones extensively would most likely have different feelings. I can understand both sides.
    Not being "wow'd" by it and thinking it's crap are two different things. I was referencing those that think the latter.
    txtoast likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:47 PM
    Not dogging it it all. Just curious as I have a white case allready. My wife and son have the darker version of the S3 and it's like seeing a re-run of Prince's "Purple Rain" movie whenever I look at it. Again, not a dig, just my personal preference.(Guess I'm a little anal like that and need therapy, I'll admit it.) Oh well, I just may just have to go for it!
    Yea I don't know why people dig at the phone! I'm coming from iPhone 4s, and this does not feel cheap at all. It feels amazing in hand and I can easily use it with one hand and that's saying a lot since I've got small hands. (That's why I also returned the note 2, was way too big)

But yes, my personal preference is white.. My case doesn't cover the whole front, and I like the peek through of the white with my case.

As much as I really wanted the 32gb, I think I'll be happy with what I have now. and since I mostly use the phone for pictures/videos and music.. I can fill my 32gb sd card up

and best of all - it's still an S4!

Congrats to those that got the 32gb they've been waiting for enjoy it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:48 PM
    Not dogging it it all. Just curious as I have a white case allready. My wife and son have the darker version of the S3 and it's like seeing a re-run of Prince's "Purple Rain" movie whenever I look at it. Again, not a dig, just my personal preference.(Guess I'm a little anal like that and need therapy, I'll admit it.) Oh well, I just may just have to go for it!
    I will say that the white S4 looks a lot better than the white S3 as well as the black S4 over the black S3. The black is pretty cool because it's not a deep black like the previous model. A deep black would make it look more cheap and probably reflect finger prints and dirt more than it already does. Both colors this year are pretty cool. You won't have to worry like with the Pebble blue/purpleish/grayish depending on carrier like the S3.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:48 PM
    Not being "wow'd" by it and thinking it's crap are two different things. I was referencing those that think the latter.
    I agree. Around here it seems you can only get the extremes LOL. Either people are flat out flaming something or they are overly in love with it to a point where it's a little creepy LOL. But in any event I can still understand why some love it and other dig at it. I mean everyone is different. You may think a girl is hot and your friend doesn't know what you see in her. Sometimes "it's just something about it", you know? LOL.
    05-10-2013 02:51 PM
    I agree. Around here it seems you can only get the extremes LOL. Either people are flat out flaming something or they are overly in love with it to a point where it's a little creepy LOL. But in any event I can still understand why some love it and other dig at it. I mean everyone is different. You may think a girl is hot and your friend doesn't know what you see in her. Sometimes "it's just something about it", you know? LOL.
    I totally LOL'd at your girl analogy
    but yes, Different strokes for different folks
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:53 PM
    I called all the local AT&T stores and all they had were all in black. I want the white one but after looking at this case I might go ahead and get it since it's two tone. It looks cool. I'd get the white on black trim.

What do you guys think?

@ Galaxy S4 case Slim Armor | SPIGEN SGP
    05-10-2013 03:07 PM
    Agreed. The S4 is the breast implants of the mobile world. Some are cool with it, others hate it because they think it feels weird.
    05-10-2013 03:18 PM
    Agreed. The S4 is the breast implants of the mobile world. Some are cool with it, others hate it because they think it feels weird.
    Good one!
    05-10-2013 03:21 PM
    Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-Pack] Premium Oil Resistant Coated Clear Screen Protector for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have used these and have ordered one for my S4 that will be delivered Monday. They really do cut down on oils and are easy to clean.
    aggie likes this.
    05-10-2013 03:26 PM
    Hope my wife and I have the pleasure of losing $500 tonight after all you lazy, no-working jackals are done picking the stores clean during the day. :P (just kidding)
    Newtoandroid99 and mpazevedo like this.
    05-10-2013 03:28 PM
    I'm the odd ball out. I can't stand fake melons, yet I love my S4. Now if they made some fake boobies out of polycarbonate then I'd reconsider.
    05-10-2013 04:40 PM
    I'm the odd ball out. I can't stand fake melons, yet I love my S4. Now if they made some fake boobies out of polycarbonate then I'd reconsider.
    But aluminum feels and looks better than polycarbonate

Posted via Android Central App
    05-10-2013 06:12 PM
    Always use their screen protectors and they are top notch but I'm tempted to just roll with the s4 without one. Love the way this screen feels and the gorilla glass 3 is supposedly much more scratch resistant than gorilla glass 2.

05-10-2013 06:14 PM
    Always use their screen protectors and they are top notch but I'm tempted to just roll with the s4 without one. Love the way this screen feels and the gorilla glass 3 is supposedly much more scratch resistant than gorilla glass 2.

Dude, the Gorilla Glass 3 is amazing. Huge step up from the last iteration of Gorilla Glass. I'm going no protection on mine, despite the fact that most people who don't use protection end up with a problem you can't fix in 9 months. I'm totally talking about phones, btw.

Oh and on a less "gutter mind" note, the glass feels amazing. The oleophobic coating on here is so much smoother when using Swiftkey Flow or just scrolling through web pages.
    aggie and skiner5246 like this.
    05-10-2013 06:41 PM
121 ... 2345