Just picked up my 32GB S4 from my local AT&T

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I see, I've been an AT&T customer forever, I was hoping they'd be a little more lenient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Sometimes it's just a matter of talking to the right person. Many people get results by hanging up, calling back and speaking to someone different.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
And you didn't have to Pay a &250 fee on top of the phone?

My husband wants the phone now too but isn't due for upgrade until July. I called to ask if they would let us upgrade his phone early they said only if we pay the 250 on top of the price of the phone :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

He could probably get his upgrade moved forward if he calls customer care, not the store. Tell him to call 611 from his phone and see if he can get his upgrade moved forward so he can buy the S4 at the contract price. Also, I rarely go to the stores. They do their best but they are just not told anything. They really have little or no advanced word on much of this stuff so they try to tell you somehting but it is often wrong. I just chatted with ATT and they set up an appointment to call me tomorrow and sell me my Black 32GB S4 once it hits their system. My upgrade is getting moved up from June.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
He could probably get his upgrade moved forward if he calls customer care, not the store. Tell him to call 611 from his phone and see if he can get his upgrade moved forward so he can buy the S4 at the contract price. Also, I rarely go to the stores. They do their best but they are just not told anything. They really have little or no advanced word on much of this stuff so they try to tell you somehting but it is often wrong. I just chatted with ATT and they set up an appointment to call me tomorrow and sell me my Black 32GB S4 once it hits their system. My upgrade is getting moved up from June.

Okay, I'll have him try this. I'm wondering if I should do the same - to save me the hassle of trying to get a phone in stores and it being sold out before I can get my grubby hands on it lol

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'll have him try this. I'm wondering if I should do the same - to save me the hassle of trying to get a phone in stores and it being sold out before I can get my grubby hands on it lol

I'd also suggest a follow up email from your "my account" screen on AT&T online. Unfortunately, you never know if you get someone on the phone that's "cool" to work with or not.
- Good luck

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
So I headed down to the store... take all of this with a grain of salt but here it is.

My store is closing early tonight. They're releasing a couple of phones tomorrow so they're setting up the displays. Not only do they have a couple of BLACK 32GB S4's, they are releasing the Black HTC One tomorrow as well (got a chance to see the phone theyre putting on display, the black is GORGEOUS).

Anyway, spoke with the store manager who was extremely helpful (shocker) and informed me they received no white 32GB models. Not only do they have no white, but also around this area of Florida there are no stores that even have the 16GB in white. The demand is so high for the white, that stores are in very limited supply. The store manager also did some digging for me. He tried to find the SKU number for the phone. He found the 16GB in both colors, the 32GB in black, even the 32GB black refurb SKU was in his system, but no white. Then he managed to look at the warehouse ordering system... STILL no SKU in existence for the white 32GB model. He told me either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they're not going to carry white right away or they just haven't released the SKU yet, which in his 10 years of experience is unlikely. He advised me to check online tomorrow when the release date actually hits, or call/come in the store.

This was extremely frustrating. Sorry, the black is NOT for me. And going back to the 16GB is also not an option for me. I have so many "Galaxy specific" accessories that switching phones isn't much of an option either. The HTC One in black is so gorgeous, but the software (for me anyway) is just unusable and the button set up isn't what I need.

So good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong, and I'll wake up tomorrow morning and see a nice, shiny, white S4 in 32GB on AT&T's webpage, ready for me to order. But if the stores don't even have a SKU number available... it's not looking too good.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
So I headed down to the store... take all of this with a grain of salt but here it is.

My store is closing early tonight. They're releasing a couple of phones tomorrow so they're setting up the displays. Not only do they have a couple of BLACK 32GB S4's, they are releasing the Black HTC One tomorrow as well (got a chance to see the phone theyre putting on display, the black is GORGEOUS).

Anyway, spoke with the store manager who was extremely helpful (shocker) and informed me they received no white 32GB models. Not only do they have no white, but also around this area of Florida there are no stores that even have the 16GB in white. The demand is so high for the white, that stores are in very limited supply. The store manager also did some digging for me. He tried to find the SKU number for the phone. He found the 16GB in both colors, the 32GB in black, even the 32GB black refurb SKU was in his system, but no white. Then he managed to look at the warehouse ordering system... STILL no SKU in existence for the white 32GB model. He told me either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they're not going to carry white right away or they just haven't released the SKU yet, which in his 10 years of experience is unlikely. He advised me to check online tomorrow when the release date actually hits, or call/come in the store.

This was extremely frustrating. Sorry, the black is NOT for me. And going back to the 16GB is also not an option for me. I have so many "Galaxy specific" accessories that switching phones isn't much of an option either. The HTC One in black is so gorgeous, but the software (for me anyway) is just unusable and the button set up isn't what I need.

So good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong, and I'll wake up tomorrow morning and see a nice, shiny, white S4 in 32GB on AT&T's webpage, ready for me to order. But if the stores don't even have a SKU number available... it's not looking too good.

Black one is what I am wanting. Still haven't located one in Tn

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mg8r1016

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I can say I can concur with almost everyone who posted above. I called 3 stores in the DC area today and went in person to another and no one could say they were aware of a 32 gb coming!! I was ready to pull my hair out. Was trying to at least get a feel for how many they would have tomorrow, etc. no help any where!

So my question is, do I order online in the am if available or try and track one down in person?? I too would like the white version. I'm also switching from the iPhone 4S. So very excited for the switch. Last felt this way when I got my first iPhone 4 yrs ago.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Bad news guys... AT&T site is showing the 32GB model for sale in black only. Not even an option for white. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368156845.421313.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368156855.918343.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
STILL no SKU in existence for the white 32GB model. He told me either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they're not going to carry white right away or they just haven't released the SKU yet, which in his 10 years of experience is unlikely. He advised me to check online tomorrow when the release date actually hits, or call/come in the store.

Web site only shows it in black that I can see, no sign of a white one. There's always a slim case... may or may not be an option for you.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Web site only shows it in black that I can see, no sign of a white one. There's always a slim case... may or may not be an option for you.

I just picked up the black model. Despite it being a bit of a fingerprint magnet on the back, I fell in love with it when I actually saw it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the black model. Despite it being a bit of a fingerprint magnet on the back, I fell in love with it when I actually saw it.

Man I am in the same boat! Really wanted the white one too, but looks like it's not avaliable. (Deliberate move by AT&T perhaps?)
Status, can you please confirm if that phone is really black? or a little purpulish like the S3? Just wondering as this will greatly help my decision later today to get this unit, or just deal with the 16GB white phone I have now.

*Sigh* AT&T are making things more difficult than neccessary it seems...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21