Just picked up my 32GB S4 from my local AT&T

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I got an upgrade over a year in advance to get the S4. Not only did they let me upgrade, they let me walk into the store and do it. AT&T can be very, very flexible if pushed enough.

Do you think they would be flexible if someone wanted to get the Z10? I am using an upgrade on one of my other lines (my mother in laws) to upgrade to the S4 but my husband wants the Z10 and he doesn't get an upgrade for like a year. A few weeks ago we went in and they offered to let us upgrade early on his line for the $199 for the Z10 if we got a $250 speaker with it. So instead of paying a $250 early upgrade fee they would let us get a speaker for that instead. But we needed to sell our phones on Ebay first before we did that.

I wonder if we go in there and I am going to upgrade to the S4 and he is going to get the Z10 and we have money to spend what they would be willing to do if we just walked in..........Any advice on how to push them to do something please let me know. Should I call customer service first?

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the black model. Despite it being a bit of a fingerprint magnet on the back, I fell in love with it when I actually saw it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

The diamond pattern is a lot more pronounced on the black mist version. It hides the sensors much better and makes the faux metal band around the phone look premium.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
DAMMIT! The 32 GB is only available in Black according to At&t.com! I REALLY wanted the white! GRRR

Me thinks they did their research and the black is the choice almost 10 to 1.

Also, since the 32gb version has 24gb free after os and bloatware, the 64gb version should have 56gb free? Plus, since they almost 2 weeks to release the 32gb version, is it safe to assume that in 2 more weeks the 64gb version will be available? Same does make the 16,32 and 64!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Dialed 611 from my phone and ordered this morning since they were moving my upgrade forward. Black 32 GB on the way. Waived upgrade fee and free over night shipping. Not sure if tomorrow or Monday. Overall happy with the process so far!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Man I am in the same boat! Really wanted the white one too, but looks like it's not avaliable. (Deliberate move by AT&T perhaps?)
Status, can you please confirm if that phone is really black? or a little purpulish like the S3? Just wondering as this will greatly help my decision later today to get this unit, or just deal with the 16GB white phone I have now.

*Sigh* AT&T are making things more difficult than neccessary it seems...

It's black. The best way to describe the color is like a charcoal gray. It's much better than hte black S3..... that actually looked terrible.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Man I am in the same boat! Really wanted the white one too, but looks like it's not avaliable. (Deliberate move by AT&T perhaps?)
Status, can you please confirm if that phone is really black? or a little purpulish like the S3? Just wondering as this will greatly help my decision later today to get this unit, or just deal with the 16GB white phone I have now.

*Sigh* AT&T are making things more difficult than neccessary it seems...

I would say that it is more of a charcoal black or dark grey.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you think they would be flexible if someone wanted to get the Z10? I am using an upgrade on one of my other lines (my mother in laws) to upgrade to the S4 but my husband wants the Z10 and he doesn't get an upgrade for like a year. A few weeks ago we went in and they offered to let us upgrade early on his line for the $199 for the Z10 if we got a $250 speaker with it. So instead of paying a $250 early upgrade fee they would let us get a speaker for that instead. But we needed to sell our phones on Ebay first before we did that.

I wonder if we go in there and I am going to upgrade to the S4 and he is going to get the Z10 and we have money to spend what they would be willing to do if we just walked in..........Any advice on how to push them to do something please let me know. Should I call customer service first?

Customer care is your best bet. Typically they'll let you order straight from them if they push the upgrade date. If you've been with them for quite awhile and always pay your bill on time, you can leverage that.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
DAMMIT! The 32 GB is only available in Black according to At&t.com! I REALLY wanted the white! GRRR

Are you going to skip it?

i'm really not liking the black or is it dark grey/charcoal.. I like the white! (everything else of mine is white and I hate mismatching colors of my gadgets lol.. like I had white iPhone, white iPad.. I have to have the white S4!) why AT&T!?

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Customer care is your best bet. Typically they'll let you order straight from them if they push the upgrade date. If you've been with them for quite awhile and always pay your bill on time, you can leverage that.

Awesome! I will call tonight! We have never been late on our bill, currently have 4 lines and been with them since 2009.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

i'm really not liking the black or is it dark grey/charcoal.. I like the white! (everything else of mine is white and I hate mismatching colors of my gadgets lol.. like I had white iPhone, white iPad.. I have to have the white S4!) why AT&T!?

I think I am going to go ahead and just get it. I went from a red S3 and got tired of it really quick but black is ok enough..... I am not thrilled but I am ok with it. I am sorry! :( that sucks that it would pretty much match everything of yours in white.........I will put a case on mine anyways so it won't be seen that much. I just didn't like the red one because it didn't look right with a bright glitter pink case I ha on it. I wanted a more neutral color.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I strongly recommend you read some reviews of the Z 10 if you haven't already. I work for a very large well known global company with thousands of Blackberries and the Z 10 was a dog. Slow, requires frequent reboots, poor app selection. So much that they are converting the thousands of Blackberries over to iPhone 5's.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah..I haven't decided I am getting an S 4 for sure but Verizon has the network and they know it. Makes them slow and arrogant. I also wonder if Verizon will remove features form the S 4 as they did the Note 2.

I'm still waiting on Verizon. :(

AT&T will have the 64GB out before Verizon even starts selling the 16GB :(

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I strongly recommend you read some reviews of the Z 10 if you haven't already. I work for a very large well known global company with thousands of Blackberries and the Z 10 was a dog. Slow, requires frequent reboots, poor app selection. So much that they are converting the thousands of Blackberries over to iPhone 5's.

I am getting the S4 for sure but my husband is a Blackberry guy through and through and is deadset on always having his crackberry. haha! He isn't that into apps as much which was the main reason I switched to Android. He doesn't like to change.. LOL

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

LOL, I'm the opposite. If I have a black phone then my tablet has to be another color and vice versa.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I traded my 16GB in today for the 32GB. The rep told me he wasn't sure if they made a 32GB but I told him it was brand new and out today. Luckily he checked the back was able to find me one. He said the store only got 2 32GB's in so I guess I got lucky. :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Called the stores around here and each store received only two 32GB's and they were all black.
Man, I hope Verizon pops out the 32GB whenever they decide to start selling the S4. :)

JoeSII

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my 32GB S4 two hours ago. The store rep did not even know they had them in until I insisted they check the lastest shipment they received. 24GB of memory showing for use. Was a little laggy but DL the ATT update and now it seems very smooth. Will be installing, updating & tweaking apps and SD card over the next few hours. In West Bloomfield, Michigan BTW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay