How old are?

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
First job was with a new 360/30. Four tape drives (wow!). Played Tic-Tac-Toe on it by twisting the URL dials and hitting Run/Stop. Absolutely amazing. Boy how times have changed. Started when IT was DP. Prefer DP because at least there is a verb in the acronym. Know about star wheels an drum cards. COBOL taught me how to correctly spell Environment. Have a set of the first year of issue "Kilobaud / Microcomputing" wrapped/boxed unopened. Favorite quote, "The best thing about a computer is that it does exactly what you tell it to do. The worst thing about a computer is that it does exactly what you tell it to do." Got to go; it's time for Bingo.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Keep seeing kids age 13 rocking iPhones everywhere! It's unbelievable! Seriously.. spoilt brats!

Tell us your age you got your S4

Just curious.

Passed down an iPhone to my daughter when she was about 3 months old to be used in the monkey.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368286832071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368286832071.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 74

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
old enough! Bought my first cell phone in 1986! A 5 watt analog monster bag phone installed in my company truck with an 18" antenna on the roof. LOL!...Took my first comp class in 1973!

WOW, it hurts to even think back that far!

Cheers!

brianphrack

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My family's first "Car Phone."
Motorolabagbig.jpg

My first, personal use, cell phone.
5362241572_6b17f4b682.jpg

My first computer. (I still have it, still works great!)
IBM PCjr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Started with the bag phone from Bell South Mobility in 1994. Born the last year of the baby boom.

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
59 years old. 1972, freshman year in college. The big "craze" (like cell phones now) was owning a basic 4-function calculator. Throw those slide rules away !!

Drumbasher

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm 47. Due to the economy, went to college and currently in my third year. Have never been unemployed until now. Hope things get better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
43. First computer class was 7th grade. I think they were TRS 80. Funny, somebody mentioned calculators above, it was a bit before my time but I remember as a child the 'old people' talking about the controversy regarding calculators and whether not students would be allowed to use them since many couldn't afford the 'new' ones that could do complex functions.

I don't have one, but I like the S4. I checked out the S4 and HTC One at an AT&T store and I like the look and feel of the S4 better. I guess speakers aren't important to me.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess that I am the old fart around here. Am 60 years young and love my cell phones. Am a retired CSI Guy and have seen more death and destruction in a week than most have in a life time. lol Now after 25 years of that mess I have retired and now sell Chocolate, I have a sweet job.
Not quite....61 here and retired PO, with the rank of SGT, for the past 5 months.... Very real about the death and destruction in a week, I think what kept me sane was the other side of my life ...Computers and Cell Phones... and will start looking for a sweet job like your ....:)

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I did become a computer programmer, but I'm not sure I knew what one was in 1965. Then again..... My dad was in charge of the first Univac 1 computer in non-military use.
Hahahaha.... 6 years later than you I was programming in COBOL..... and sometimes punching my own cards.....