View Poll Results: Which phone would you get?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 5 with 5-inch Retina display

51 23.83%
  • Samsung Galaxy S4

146 68.22%
  • Neither, both are crappy phones

17 7.94%
06-02-2013 09:23 AM
167 1234 ...
tools
    what program you use to download videos? tubemate
    05-10-2013 08:02 AM
    No, i'm on android now for a reason. It can do so much more than ios and has more freedom. It was a had transition but once I figured it out i've been hooked since. Even sold my ipads to get a nexus 10.
    05-10-2013 08:08 AM
    They could, but its much easier to use the stock app than it is to use third party, definitely when most of the people you would contact have the same program. Besides, my sister often complains that tango, oovoo, and Skype are perform noticeably less than facetime, at least on her device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Not that it will ever happen, but Apple could always bring that functionality to Android like Google does to Apple with Google Voice Search/Google Maps/Google Now.
    05-10-2013 08:12 AM
    I did my time with the iphones (4+ years). I've grown bored with them and have no plans to move back to them.
    05-10-2013 08:13 AM
    Why do you have to rip them for owning an iPhone?
    Because its just funny because they be mistaking each others phones its just hilarious.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-10-2013 09:38 AM
    Nope I'll keep my Galaxy phone but I do use my iPad for Facetime and work email.
    05-10-2013 09:46 AM
    never had an iphone never would get an iphone (at least as they are today)
    05-10-2013 10:08 AM
    24% is pretty high for an Android forum. tells you something about 5 inch screen and iOS/iPhones.
    05-10-2013 10:17 AM
    I've had iPhone in the past... And I will never go back. I personally like Android to much.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-10-2013 10:20 AM
    24% is pretty high for an Android forum. tells you something about 5 inch screen and iOS/iPhones.
    Agreed.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    05-10-2013 10:22 AM
    what program you use to download videos? tubemate
    Yea tube mate

Posted via Android Central App
    05-10-2013 10:22 AM
    Yeah iOS has been stale since 2007, the boredom factor is definitely there. Looking forward to Key Lime and iOS 7.
    05-10-2013 10:23 AM
    I'm excited for iOS 7 and key lime pie also. If the iPhone 5s/6 went to a 4.5"-5" screen I would give one a try. They may not be as feature packed as an android but they do all the basics so well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 10:28 AM
    Because people are interested in it. Nobody force you to read it.

Why is this in the Galaxy S4 forum again?????

Posted via Android Central App
    - - - Updated - - -

There are many ways to do this with an iPhone.

I still wouldn't get a iPhone.... I download a lot of videos amd songs directly from YouTube and side loads a lot of fonts and love changing the way my home screen looks and its animation.... Its more to android then screen size over iPhone.... And the talk app is just as fast as I message all u need is the Google email of the person

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 10:36 AM
    retina display MBP's are fantastic. Makes everything else look like crap. If you travel consider the 13". Also new MBP's with Haswell, 802.11 ac and faster vid cards are expected in a month or so. Check the price list on Apple Insider for best prices.
    AppleInsider | News and rumors since 1997

I will also be looking for a new laptop in a couple of months since my Sony Vaio is startin to act weird... Looking at the options today, pretty tempting to actually get the 15" retina display macbook pro. I know it's very expensive, but the resale value holds up very very well.
    05-10-2013 10:39 AM
    Settings>Wi-fi>Off
    Not five steps.
    There are plenty of ways to customize iOS especially if you jailbreak. You change pretty much anything and everything, add widgets etc.
    The problem with going from a 4 to 5 inch screen on iOS is it breaks the screen/app resolution.

Well we are on Android Central, so the majority of people will be fans off Androids OS. I'm sure over on the Apple forums they are the opposite, they like iOS and their apps and don't care about customization etc. I personally find iOS boring and well easy to use in some ways, but awful in other ways. I can't stand that it takes 5 steps to turn on or off wifi.
    05-10-2013 10:42 AM
    Settings>Wi-fi>Off
    Not five steps.
    Most likely just hyperbole. Been too long since I owned an iPhone for me to weigh in.

I'm not a real fan of the relatively massive bezels on iPhones, so unless that was fixed I wouldn't go back. I picked my phone in part due to the form factor and that includes not just screen size, but screen to footprint ratio.
    05-10-2013 11:08 AM
    problem with going from a 4 to 5 inch screen on iOS is it breaks the screen/app resolution.
    That's actually a pretty big problem. And has become more of an issue a they've introduced more iOS devices with varying resolution and aspect ratio.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-10-2013 11:25 AM
    I'm not really interested in the S4 at this time. I don't think it's a big enough upgrade over my S3. But to answer the question, I'd have no interest in a 5" iPhone, either, if it were still like the current iPhone in other respects. I have no use for Apple's "we know better than you," locked-down approach to design. Show me an iPhone that I can configure to look like this, and I might consider it. (It's not really about appearance, it's about the flexibility to organize things the way I want to.)

GrooveRite and jroc like this.
    05-10-2013 11:35 AM
    Ecosystem
    Email clients
    App exclusivity
    Better looking apps
    More availability
    Better customer support
    You're entitled to you opinion, of course, but the only one that really makes sense to me is better customer support, and maybe ecosystem.
    There are multiple email clients available for Android, and if you can't find one that meets your needs you're using some mighty strange email system.
    App exclusivity is declining all the time. There are very few apps that don't exist for both, or have equivalents for Android. And there are plenty of apps that simply don't exist for iOS because the system doesn't offer the capabilities to let them work.
    Better looking? I suppose. I think Apple's insistence on making apps look like some old analog version of the functionality has gotten silly. Just because my Mom had to flip pages in a notebook doesn't mean I should have to pretend to flip pages on my screen.
    More availability? Than what, a phone that was just introduced? Duh. Wait a month and you'll have no problem walking in off the street and picking up any version of the S4 you want.
    Ecosystem is a trade-off. Yes, Apple's is more integrated, but also more locked down.

Even if I granted you all of the above, I'd have a hard time seeing a list of 6 things as "most ways." LOL
    JasW, Golfdriver97 and Donvald like this.
    05-10-2013 11:45 AM
    I'll be honest I would be very tempted to give the iPhone a try again if it had a 5 inch 1080p screen (last one I used was a 4S). That's the main reason I switched because I was tempted by the bigger screens on android phones. I think the iPhone is a really great smartphone, but I know it wouldn't take long at all before I started to miss certain features of Android.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-10-2013 11:46 AM
    I'd sooner get a Blackberry or (god-forbid) a WP8 phone before I got an iPhone.
    Heck, I'd take a FLIP PHONE over an iphone any day! lol!
    xlDeMoNiClx and orion575 like this.
    05-10-2013 12:25 PM
    Settings>Wi-fi>Off
    Not five steps.
    There are plenty of ways to customize iOS especially if you jailbreak. You change pretty much anything and everything, add widgets etc.
    The problem with going from a 4 to 5 inch screen on iOS is it breaks the screen/app resolution.
    Assuming that you are at the home screen and not using an app. Then it's 3 steps, if not then it's 4. I tend to hit the home button twice to get to running apps then scroll over to the app which is 5 steps/clicks however or whatever you want to call it. That is my point iOS doesn't give you or allow you to quickly change settings.
    Patrick Schroedl and jroc like this.
    05-10-2013 12:28 PM
    I get the new iPhone every year along with that year's Nexus & Galaxy phones but the iPhone just sits in my pocket as my emergency backup (though recently replaced the iP5 with a Z10 as my emergency pocket device) & is also useful if robbed I'd give that up before my Android, LoL.
    However, since I use Android tablets for games & media consumption, I'd definitely consider making an iPhone my primary phone if it gets:
    -a 4.5-5inch screen
    -support for Widgets (even if only on a separate page like "Search" )
    -an LED indicator (not the Camera flash)
    -Toggles in the Notification Shade (without jailbreaking)
    -better Ringtone management options
    05-10-2013 12:37 PM
    Screen size is only a small part. If I want to have my hand held in a walled garden, I'll take my wife to the Biltmore Estate.
    Outlaw08Torn likes this.
    05-10-2013 01:07 PM
167 1234 ...