If iPhone 5 also has a 5-inch screen, would you still be getting the Galaxy S4?

Which phone would you get?

• Total voters

toujours_frais

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Played with the Galaxy S4 today, such an impressive hardware without any doubt. I was especially in love with the 5" display, I thought it was the perfect display size for today's smartphone. Sure, its still pretty hard to be used with one hand, but it feels just right in the hand. My problem is that all of my family members use the iPhone, it'd be nice to be able to use the iMessage and Facetime features. Many of my friends have iPhone as well. I also personally prefer the iOS, and somewhat excited for the upcoming iOS 7. This made me wish that Apple releases a 5" iPhone, I will get it without any hesitation.. In the meantime though, I can only envy the Galaxy S4 owners. Do you guys feel the same way?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I still wouldn't get a iPhone.... I download a lot of videos amd songs directly from YouTube and side loads a lot of fonts and love changing the way my home screen looks and its animation.... Its more to android then screen size over iPhone.... And the talk app is just as fast as I message all u need is the Google email of the person

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Played with the Galaxy S4 today, such an impressive hardware without any doubt. I was especially in love with the 5" display, I thought it was the perfect display size for today's smartphone. Sure, its still pretty hard to be used with one hand, but it feels just right in the hand. My problem is that all of my family members use the iPhone, it'd be nice to be able to use the iMessage and Facetime features. Many of my friends have iPhone as well. I also personally prefer the iOS, and somewhat excited for the upcoming iOS 7. This made me wish that Apple releases a 5" iPhone, I will get it without any hesitation.. In the meantime though, I can only envy the Galaxy S4 owners. Do you guys feel the same way?

I think a larger screen could be both a blessing and a curse for Apple. If iPhone's had a larger screen, I would be more tempted to give them another (last iPhone I had was 3g); but I feel it could mess with the fan base a bit.

Sent by your worst nightmare, using a DROID DNA, on the Android Central App; bazinga!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
And I do agree that face time is a valuable thing when all other family member have iPhone's. My dad, step mom, and sister all facetime, and don't have Skype.

Sent by your worst nightmare, using a DROID DNA, on the Android Central App; bazinga!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
And I do agree that face time is a valuable thing when all other family member have iPhone's. My dad, step mom, and sister all facetime, and don't have Skype.

The main reason I have an ipad is facetime. Best thing apple has done in my opinion. Still can't stand the iphone though.

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just came from an iPhone 5 I'd go back in a second if it had a 5 inch full hd screen. The are a lot of features about Android I like but is has it beat in most ways.

But that's just my opinion, everyone has one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

toujours_frais

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I will also be looking for a new laptop in a couple of months since my Sony Vaio is startin to act weird... Looking at the options today, pretty tempting to actually get the 15" retina display macbook pro. I know it's very expensive, but the resale value holds up very very well.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just came from an iPhone 5 is go back in a second if it had a 5 inch full had screen. The are a lot of features about Android I like but is has android beat in most ways.

But that's just my opinion, everyone has one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
lol Uh, what exactly are "most ways"? I'm curious since it's actually mostly the opposite.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

My godbrother real sis and cuz have iphones which I rip them constantly for btw and we use tango to video chat its way better than ft and has more features.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think a larger screen could be both a blessing and a curse for Apple. If iPhone's had a larger screen, I would be more tempted to give them another (last iPhone I had was 3g); but I feel it could mess with the fan base a bit.

Tim Cook recently stated they weren't going to go that route and it makes sense. It would be interesting to see, though. Especially if they redesign the UI like they're rumored to be doing. I don't really have anything against Apple. Wouldn't choose to use one, but I understand why so many people do.

Hopefully by the end of the year, in regards to a lot of family/friends having iPhones, you'll be able to say the same thing about the Galaxy S phones.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It's not like people on iPhones couldn't get Skype or tango

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not like people on iPhones couldn't get Skype or tango

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

They could, but its much easier to use the stock app than it is to use third party, definitely when most of the people you would contact have the same program. Besides, my sister often complains that tango, oovoo, and Skype are perform noticeably less than facetime, at least on her device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
lol Uh, what exactly are "most ways"? I'm curious since it's actually mostly the opposite.

Ecosystem
Email clients
App exclusivity
Better looking apps
More availability
Better customer support

Your opinion of beat is different to mine right? So therefore it's not fact simply opinion.