If iPhone 5 also has a 5-inch screen, would you still be getting the Galaxy S4?

Which phone would you get?

• Total voters

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple can release an Unlocked, 5" iPhone with a Battery that last 24 hours on HEAVY usage and offer 128GB for only $249.99...

Too much? LOL

I STILL WOULDN'T BUY IT. Why? OS. Boring. I just had enough I had the 3GS, 4, 4S & 5.

I'm having way too much fun with android and only learned about Nova Launcher Prime 6 months ago. Though I upgraded for the 20th time, 11 have been androids and I still can't get myself to Root. (

Like I said this is more than just a Communication device, it's a Toy! Which is why I love upgrading. :)

A phone like that and I would get it.
My N4 is not a toy itsthe most useful thing for me I use to call YouTube photos videos and if the iPhone had all of that I would switch back.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope. ios is to restrictive in my opinion. There is a mixture of phones at my work place and in my social circles. On occasion we like to share things quickly with each other via nfc or bluetooth. The ones that have windows phones, blackberries android phone can all participate. Not the iphone users though. Also I can have things arranged exactly how i like them on my phone with android.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Left an iPhone 2 years ago and will NEVER go back. Once you use things like launchers, widgets, lock screen options and Google now, the iPhone just seems like a basic phone.

I would go to a WP8 before anything else, I myself life what Microsoft is doing. I got rid of my ipad for a surface and haven't looked back.

Posted via Android Central App

Swens221

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 4, droid incredible, Motorola droid, galaxy s3 and now iPhone 5. There is no doubt that Apple makes a good phone but this is my last round with them. It's boring, and other than 4g there is nothing better about the iPhone 5 over the 4s. I can't wait to get the galaxy s4. Even if a lot of the new features are gimmicky and not used on a daily basis I want a company to be constantly innovating since I spend a ton of money on phones and my phone bill each month. My point to this lengthy post is a larger screen doesn't make a phone better, but a collection of new features and functions does. Apple needs to step up their game.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think a larger screen could be both a blessing and a curse for Apple. If iPhone's had a larger screen, I would be more tempted to give them another (last iPhone I had was 3g); but I feel it could mess with the fan base a bit.

Sent by your worst nightmare, using a DROID DNA, on the Android Central App; bazinga!

I am inclined to agree. They did increase the screen size and the last I heard (I don't know anyone with a 5, so I can't confirm this) many of the app developers haven't been able to adjust to the new screen size, and I guess with some apps, the discrepancy is a lot bigger.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am inclined to agree. They did increase the screen size and the last I heard (I don't know anyone with a 5, so I can't confirm this) many of the app developers haven't been able to adjust to the new screen size, and I guess with some apps, the discrepancy is a lot bigger.

I also have an iPhone 5 and have seen almost all of my apps updated for the new screen.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely yes. I have an iPhone 4S now, which I wanted after how crappy my original Galaxy (Verizon's Fascinate) was. iOS is solid, simplistic, durable ... but two years later, two phones later, very little has changed. Which at first I didn't think would bother me because I do like iOS (I have an iPad 2 I'm very happy with). But seeing the current high-end Android phones on the market .. in the beginning of July when I can upgrade, I am certainly picking from that lineup. The S4 is my top contender.

While I will admit I am a big Samsung fan, don't totally exclude the HTC One, or depending on carrier, The LG Optimus, the Sony Xperia Z, and I just saw this review on YouTube, the Oppo Find 5.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have an iPhone 5 and have seen almost all of my apps updated for the new screen.

Correction noted. How long did it take for the updates to occur? That would be a contributing factor in the discussion somewhat. But, if they did this, then they are falling into the 'Fragmentation' that many iOS users throw at Android. (Please do not take any offense to what I have said)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Then you blindly hate apple.

Agreed & I don't understand the hatred.
I use & appreciate more than one platform...
35268s.jpg

alstov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
On the contrary if I consider iPhone is because it is compactness and has a better handling than s4. But I love android way more than ios

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Well we are on Android Central, so the majority of people will be fans off Androids OS. I'm sure over on the Apple forums they are the opposite, they like iOS and their apps and don't care about customization etc. I personally find iOS boring and well easy to use in some ways, but awful in other ways. I can't stand that it takes 5 steps to turn on or off wifi.

I like my iPhone jailbroken especially with iOS 6. I can get all the customization that I need and have a silky smooth interface. I can even use google apps as if they are native to the iPhone thanks to jail breaking. For example, a swipe if the status bar loads google now. I love google now.

Sent from my iPhone 7

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Settings>Wi-fi>Off

This is part of what I dont like about iOS.....why isnt Wifi in something called Wireless and Networks? Does iOS have Wireless and Networks in Settings? Why did Apple decide Wifi settings was more important than Blue Tooth to put Wifi up front like that? IIRC Blue Tooth is in Settings/General. How does that even make sense to have Wifi and Blue Tooth separated like that?

If one is looking for Wifi or Blue Tooth settings....one has to know they are wireless protocols...... Regardless, I dont like how iOS have different wireless and network settings separated from each other and not all in the same place. Like some have said....its more than screen size that would make me still get the GS4. So no, I wouldnt get the iPhone 5 if it had a 5" screen.

I also seen ecosystem come up. Guess what would happen to me going to iOS after using Android for the past 3 years....Android's ecosystem would come into play. Many Android apps I paid for.....poof. Cant use anymore. Ecosystem goes both ways... And I dont know about iOS but its extremely easy for me to use my Android apps across multiple phones.... (apps that are compatible, some apps are phone specific.) I just log into my Google account on the other phone(s). And I seen LED notification mentioned. Thats a must for me. So its a definite no for the iPhone, iOS for me.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is part of what I dont like about iOS.....why isnt Wifi in something called Wireless and Networks? Does iOS have Wireless and Networks in Settings? Why did Apple decide Wifi settings was more important than Blue Tooth to put Wifi up front like that? IIRC Blue Tooth is in Settings/General. How does that even make sense to have Wifi and Blue Tooth separated like that?

If one is looking for Wifi or Blue Tooth settings....one has to know they are wireless protocols...... Regardless, I dont like how iOS have different wireless and network settings separated from each other and not all in the same place. Like some have said....its more than screen size that would make me still get the GS4. So no, I wouldnt get the iPhone 5 if it had a 5" screen.

I also seen ecosystem come up. Guess what would happen to me going to iOS after using Android for the past 3 years....Android's ecosystem would come into play. Many Android apps I paid for.....poof. Cant use anymore. Ecosystem goes both ways... And I dont know about iOS but its extremely easy for me to use my Android apps across multiple phones.... (apps that are compatible, some apps are phone specific.) I just log into my Google account on the other phone(s). And I seen LED notification mentioned. Thats a must for me. So its a definite no for the iPhone, iOS for me.

Its part of apples simplicity. Dosnt make sense to me either bro. A lot of crap apple does doesn't make sense.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have seen some videos of IOS7 having widgets. I don't know how accurate the videos are though. So the key thing for me to switch would be for IOS 7 and not the next iPhone. As a frequent user of an iPod Touch, IOS currently does nothing for me. Having just a grid of icons is as boring as an OS can get. Then again, Key Lime Pie just might be a game changer.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Played with the Galaxy S4 today, such an impressive hardware without any doubt. I was especially in love with the 5" display, I thought it was the perfect display size for today's smartphone. Sure, its still pretty hard to be used with one hand, but it feels just right in the hand. My problem is that all of my family members use the iPhone, it'd be nice to be able to use the iMessage and Facetime features. Many of my friends have iPhone as well. I also personally prefer the iOS, and somewhat excited for the upcoming iOS 7. This made me wish that Apple releases a 5" iPhone, I will get it without any hesitation.. In the meantime though, I can only envy the Galaxy S4 owners. Do you guys feel the same way?

I still wouldn't get the iphone because they continue to neglect some really great features. A great screen size doesn't make up for the fact that the operating system is limited.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
For me its a lot more than just the screen size. Personally I wasn't impressed with the 5. Looks ugly to me just stretching the screen. They need to make it wider now. Other things that they don't do stock I don't like:

1. Not being able to change the keyboard to a one like swype, swiftkey etc.
2. Lack of decent 3rd party browsers (since they make it so safari always has the upper hand)
3. No customizing of the home screens. I like putting apps in folders where ever I want to and putting seldom used but important apps on the right screen so I don't see them all the time. Not just page after page of apps with often used ones mixed in with never used ones.
4. The Power control widget. I use it pretty often, like not having to go into settings to change screen brightness, GPS, wifi etc.
5. No sideloading of apps. Be surprised how many apps you can get for free from the developer off their website instead of paying a buck on gplay. Great way to legitimately try out new apps. Also no other app store other than itunes, and I am not a big fan of itunes, had many problems with it in the past.
6. Making other apps default (Like G Maps instead of A Maps)

Now for some of my other dislikes about iproducts.
Proprietary components. Yes the lightning is nice, but is a apple standard not a world standard. Be nice if they worked with other companies to make it as mainstream as the mini usb. Like the fact that it works any direction and is faster but not for $20 a cable. I bought 5 mini usb cables off of Amazon for $4.50 shipped, real OEM Motorola ones.
No wireless charging without a ugly looking case. Not important to some, but to me since I got it for the Nexus 4, I use often and like it. Saves wear and tear of the micro usb port.
Everytime an update gets released you lose your jailbreak. No way I want to wait 3 months or more to update just to be able to jailbreak untethered.
Last time I tried, couldn't wirelessly print to any printer on iOS, only HP ones.