View Poll Results: Which phone would you get?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 5 with 5-inch Retina display

51 23.83%
  • Samsung Galaxy S4

146 68.22%
  • Neither, both are crappy phones

17 7.94%
06-02-2013 09:23 AM
167 123 ...
tools
    Played with the Galaxy S4 today, such an impressive hardware without any doubt. I was especially in love with the 5" display, I thought it was the perfect display size for today's smartphone. Sure, its still pretty hard to be used with one hand, but it feels just right in the hand. My problem is that all of my family members use the iPhone, it'd be nice to be able to use the iMessage and Facetime features. Many of my friends have iPhone as well. I also personally prefer the iOS, and somewhat excited for the upcoming iOS 7. This made me wish that Apple releases a 5" iPhone, I will get it without any hesitation.. In the meantime though, I can only envy the Galaxy S4 owners. Do you guys feel the same way?
    05-09-2013 08:28 PM
    I still wouldn't get a iPhone.... I download a lot of videos amd songs directly from YouTube and side loads a lot of fonts and love changing the way my home screen looks and its animation.... Its more to android then screen size over iPhone.... And the talk app is just as fast as I message all u need is the Google email of the person

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:31 PM
    Played with the Galaxy S4 today, such an impressive hardware without any doubt. I was especially in love with the 5" display, I thought it was the perfect display size for today's smartphone. Sure, its still pretty hard to be used with one hand, but it feels just right in the hand. My problem is that all of my family members use the iPhone, it'd be nice to be able to use the iMessage and Facetime features. Many of my friends have iPhone as well. I also personally prefer the iOS, and somewhat excited for the upcoming iOS 7. This made me wish that Apple releases a 5" iPhone, I will get it without any hesitation.. In the meantime though, I can only envy the Galaxy S4 owners. Do you guys feel the same way?
    I think a larger screen could be both a blessing and a curse for Apple. If iPhone's had a larger screen, I would be more tempted to give them another (last iPhone I had was 3g); but I feel it could mess with the fan base a bit.

Sent by your worst nightmare, using a DROID DNA, on the Android Central App; bazinga!
    05-09-2013 08:32 PM
    And I do agree that face time is a valuable thing when all other family member have iPhone's. My dad, step mom, and sister all facetime, and don't have Skype.

Sent by your worst nightmare, using a DROID DNA, on the Android Central App; bazinga!
    05-09-2013 08:34 PM
    And I do agree that face time is a valuable thing when all other family member have iPhone's. My dad, step mom, and sister all facetime, and don't have Skype.

The main reason I have an ipad is facetime. Best thing apple has done in my opinion. Still can't stand the iphone though.
    05-09-2013 08:35 PM
    I'd sooner get a Blackberry or (god-forbid) a WP8 phone before I got an iPhone.
    05-09-2013 08:35 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 5 I'd go back in a second if it had a 5 inch full hd screen. The are a lot of features about Android I like but is has it beat in most ways.

But that's just my opinion, everyone has one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 08:39 PM
    I will also be looking for a new laptop in a couple of months since my Sony Vaio is startin to act weird... Looking at the options today, pretty tempting to actually get the 15" retina display macbook pro. I know it's very expensive, but the resale value holds up very very well.
    hutchmanz likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:39 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 5 is go back in a second if it had a 5 inch full had screen. The are a lot of features about Android I like but is has android beat in most ways.

But that's just my opinion, everyone has one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    lol Uh, what exactly are "most ways"? I'm curious since it's actually mostly the opposite.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:43 PM
    lol Uh, what exactly are "most ways"? I'm curious since it's actually mostly the opposite.
    Yes please tell me also....because like I said the talk app can't be that much different than imessage...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    05-09-2013 08:45 PM

My godbrother real sis and cuz have iphones which I rip them constantly for btw and we use tango to video chat its way better than ft and has more features.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 08:46 PM
    Why is this in the Galaxy S4 forum again?????

Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2013 08:50 PM
    I think a larger screen could be both a blessing and a curse for Apple. If iPhone's had a larger screen, I would be more tempted to give them another (last iPhone I had was 3g); but I feel it could mess with the fan base a bit.

Tim Cook recently stated they weren't going to go that route and it makes sense. It would be interesting to see, though. Especially if they redesign the UI like they're rumored to be doing. I don't really have anything against Apple. Wouldn't choose to use one, but I understand why so many people do.

Hopefully by the end of the year, in regards to a lot of family/friends having iPhones, you'll be able to say the same thing about the Galaxy S phones.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:52 PM
    It's not like people on iPhones couldn't get Skype or tango

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    Calidoc likes this.
    05-09-2013 11:50 PM
    It's not like people on iPhones couldn't get Skype or tango

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    They could, but its much easier to use the stock app than it is to use third party, definitely when most of the people you would contact have the same program. Besides, my sister often complains that tango, oovoo, and Skype are perform noticeably less than facetime, at least on her device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-09-2013 11:53 PM
    freedom is the name of the game for me. Android provides that freedom.
    05-10-2013 12:12 AM
    I'd sooner get a Blackberry or (god-forbid) a WP8 phone before I got an iPhone.
    WP8 has less customization then iOS....and really crappy apps.
    05-10-2013 02:46 AM
    Ecosystem
    Email clients
    App exclusivity
    Better looking apps
    More availability
    Better customer support

Your opinion of beat is different to mine right? So therefore it's not fact simply opinion.
    05-10-2013 02:48 AM
    My godbrother real sis and cuz have iphones which I rip them constantly for btw and we use tango to video chat its way better than ft and has more features.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Why do you have to rip them for owning an iPhone?
    05-10-2013 02:56 AM
    I would. But I would stil a,so buy a N5.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:59 AM

Your opinion of beat is different to mine right? So therefore it's not fact simply opinion.
    Definitely.

Posted via Android Central App
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-10-2013 06:01 AM
    just came for a 3gs - if they had a 5" screen probably would of stuck with an iphone but now that I made the switch I can't ever see myself going back to an iphone
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-10-2013 06:53 AM
    iOS is still iOS regardless what the screen size is so yes I would still get the S4 over the iPhone.
    jroc and MERCDROID like this.
    05-10-2013 07:03 AM
    iOS is still iOS regardless what the screen size is so yes I would still get the S4 over the iPhone.
    Fair enough, personally I don't see the buy fuss about android crushing iOS but that's just me.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    j510 likes this.
    05-10-2013 07:12 AM
    Fair enough, personally I don't see the buy fuss about android crushing iOS but that's just me.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    Well we are on Android Central, so the majority of people will be fans off Androids OS. I'm sure over on the Apple forums they are the opposite, they like iOS and their apps and don't care about customization etc. I personally find iOS boring and well easy to use in some ways, but awful in other ways. I can't stand that it takes 5 steps to turn on or off wifi.
    jroc, MERCDROID and badbrad17 like this.
    05-10-2013 07:25 AM
167 123 ...