Good day sir/ma'am,

I am using the Instagram App and when i post pictures it also creates a copy photo in the Gallery. How can i prevent it from making copies in the gallery? I want that when i post in instagram i won't have the copy of what i've posted in the gallery.

Thank You and more power to android.
    05-09-2013 09:44 PM
    dont think u can because when u post it to instagram, it saves the altered photo that got posted to your own gallery.
    05-09-2013 09:53 PM
    Unfortunately, that's the way it works. Instagram has to save your photo after editing somewhere (that's your phone), and then upload the picture. I do agree with you that it should then, automatically, delete the pictures from your phone after uploading. However, it doesn't... I have the same complaint about Whatsapp, especially now that they've made it mandatory to auto-download sent attachments. When you send a picture in Whatsapp, it'll create a copy in the Whatsapp folder and what's worse, if you send THE SAME PICTURE again, it creates a NEW copy of the file. Insane. I've sent an e-mail to the devs but they replied saying that it was the way they designed it and that they didn't have any intention of changing it so far... bummer.
    05-09-2013 11:14 PM
    I guess just empty that folder out once in a while.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 11:23 PM
    Thank you for the fast reply. Maybe i'll just follow vaeskvi's idea, just empty out the instagram folder once in a while.
    05-09-2013 11:29 PM
    I'm not sure, but maybe Tasker can do this... I mean, from what I've read, this app can do mostly anything you set it to do. You could add a task that every, say, month, it empties out that directory. But again, since it involves file access I'm not sure Tasker can do that.
    05-10-2013 12:54 AM