Does anyone use the "Messages" app. It is the one that combines voicemail & text. I'm trying it out but don't really care for it. Maybe I'm just not used to it; I like the separate apps better. Any benefits to this app that I'm missing?

Thanks
    05-10-2013 06:54 AM
    I like the visual voicemail, but not the messages!! How do you disable the ATT Text messaging and still utilize the visual voice-mail?
    05-14-2013 01:50 PM
    I use the visual voicemail app but not the messages app the VVM app is a separate app from the one that does both. The VVM app is so simple. I have disabled the other one. If you have used the messaging app and want to just use the VVM app, you have to disable the messaging app and then call att and reprovision visual voice mail on your account. The messages app does something to you account...at least that is how it used to be. The ATT visual voice mail app is in the google play store
    05-14-2013 01:55 PM
    How do you disable the AT&T message app?
    08-23-2013 11:14 PM
    How do you disable the AT&T message app?
    Settings | More | Application Manager | All | AT&T Messages and click Disable. I used it for a day and then disabled it. Anyone use MightyText to get your texts on your tablet or PC? Works great.
    08-23-2013 11:27 PM
    No benefit to me...just one more thing to clear off my phone every time ANYTHING (email, voicemail, txt) comes in. I don't want to scroll through everything in one spot AND have it show up in the other areas of my phone too...what a pain. This is a Yakking application for those that do not use for the phone for business. Now the important part....HOW DO YOU GET RID OF IT???? Help someone please!
    08-29-2013 04:04 PM
    No benefit to me...just one more thing to clear off my phone every time ANYTHING (email, voicemail, txt) comes in. I don't want to scroll through everything in one spot AND have it show up in the other areas of my phone too...what a pain. This is a Yakking application for those that do not use for the phone for business. Now the important part....HOW DO YOU GET RID OF IT???? Help someone please!
    You cannot get rid of it but as I provided instructions above, you can disable it.
    08-31-2013 05:17 PM
    I have tried to disable but I get a message "do you want to replace this app with the factory version?"....how do I hide this app (and other preinstalled apps I will never use)? I find them annoying they take up so much real estate on my screen...
    09-29-2013 12:56 PM
    I don't think it is possible to remove the ATT Message app...unless you root your phone. I was tempted to try the app but after reading all the negative reviews on Google Play, I am avoiding it completely!
    10-01-2013 09:17 AM
    I don't think it is possible to remove the ATT Message app...unless you root your phone. I was tempted to try the app but after reading all the negative reviews on Google Play, I am avoiding it completely!
    What are the biggest issues with it????

Thanks
    10-01-2013 10:20 AM
    What are the biggest issues with it????
    I didn't actually try it...I read the reviews on Google Play. Very few people think its great. Most comments are wondering how the heck they can uninstall or disable it.

I will stick with Samsung's Messaging app (that works well with S-Voice) and YouMail (free) for my voicemail service.
    10-02-2013 10:49 AM
    I hated it and disabled it after trying it out for almost a month. Now I'm using Handcent SMS for texts and AT&T Visual Voice mail. Both seem to fit my needs much better and are easier to use. Handcent also adds Emoji capability if you are into using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    10-02-2013 12:47 PM
    I hated it and disabled it after trying it out for almost a month. Now I'm using Handcent SMS for texts and AT&T Visual Voice mail. Both seem to fit my needs much better and are easier to use. Handcent also adds Emoji capability if you are into using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Are you able to use ATT Visual Voicemail independently of the Messaging? In other words, can you disable the Messaging portion?
    (It seems that the bloatware on my S4 only shows a Messaging app...which includes Visual Voicemail.)
    10-04-2013 08:42 AM