What happened to my battery stats... Its gone!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Phone is running perfectly, so I went to check my battery stats and find nothing is there! I have restarted and still gone... Anyone know why?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368209019197.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368209019197.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368209027450.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368209027450.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 39

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
248 days of CPU activity? How long exactly have you had this phone? :p

Edit: I have little advice other than that something must have happened to the battery stats file. The only method I'm aware of to fully reset that file is by wiping battery stats in a recovery.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol I really dont want to do that...hopefully it will come back on its own
Is there an app that can show me screen time?

Wiping the battery stats affects nothing except the statistics you usually see there. There's no impact on battery life/performance.

Apps such as BetterBatteryStats, CPU Spy, etc. often include statistics about screen time, though I believe they are accumulated via the same means as the system battery usage log (meaning the same issue may or may not manifest itself in some way in those apps).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Wiping the battery stats affects nothing except the statistics you usually see there. There's no impact on battery life/performance.

Apps such as BetterBatteryStats, CPU Spy, etc. often include statistics about screen time, though I believe they are accumulated via the same means as the system battery usage log (meaning the same issue may or may not manifest itself in some way in those apps).

Ahhh got it, can u show me how to do that?
I'm guessing I have to go in Recovery Mode on the phone?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh got it, can u show me how to do that?
I'm guessing I have to go in Recovery Mode on the phone?

Yep. It's usually under advanced/more options somewhere I think. Been a while since I've done it since it isn't necessary unless there's an issue with the battery stats reporting.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep. It's usually under advanced/more options somewhere I think. Been a while since I've done it since it isn't necessary unless there's an issue with the battery stats reporting.

It actually fixed on it own...all I did was charge the phone back to 100%....weird
It probably reset the stats

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It actually fixed on it own...all I did was charge the phone back to 100%....weird
It probably reset the stats

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't reset the whole file, but it does in effect 'reset' the charging cycle it's on. So you get fresh numbers. May be wrong.

Glad it got sorted out. :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering this myself also ...... He just got the phone recently unless is an error in the stats.

I got it when I met the president of Samsung like 248 days ago... He told me not to tell anyone that I had the phone though so I had to keep it secret

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs