Finally got my S4 today but since the AT&T guy activated it he skipped all the setup stuff. I thought I remember this comes with a dropbox account, anyone know how to access that since setup got skipped over?? Thanks!!
    05-10-2013 02:27 PM
    Finally got my S4 today but since the AT&T guy activated it he skipped all the setup stuff. I thought I remember this comes with a dropbox account, anyone know how to access that since setup got skipped over?? Thanks!!

I believe you can access the Dropbox app within your app drawer, click on it, then go through the setup process.. Or you can do it online at dropbox.com, and then link your phone to the account!
    05-10-2013 02:30 PM
    It doesn't come with an account per se. You have to use your existing or set up a new one. That's all that would have been done at the setup process in the beginning.
    05-10-2013 02:36 PM
    I downloaded it and set up an account but it only has 2 gigs and I could of sworn we get 50? Am I crazy? Lol Oh and I can't choose to set it to sync either?
    05-10-2013 02:47 PM
    I read on these forums that AT&T (as well as Verizon) opted out of that promotion.
    05-10-2013 02:50 PM
    I downloaded it and set up an account but it only has 2 gigs and I could of sworn we get 50? Am I crazy? Lol Oh and I can't choose to set it to sync either?
    AT&T and Verizon users do not get the storage. And in your account settings you can set it to sync and auto upload from pictures you take with the camera.

Here's one of the original stories confirming. User have found ways to get around it in some cases. I got mine on a Nexus 4 when I flashed a custom ROM that had a hack built in to give AT&T users the 50GB. Once I got the 50GB, I flashed back to stock LOL.

U.S. Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners Lose 50GB Dropbox Promo | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    adam1314#IM likes this.
    05-10-2013 02:56 PM
    You don't need any special offers to get the 50GB of storage.

Just go to Dropbox's website and fill out what you have to, and you'll get the bonus 50GB of storage free. That's what I did.

I think what you have to do is refer a few people to Dropbox via email (there's a quick walk-through), and you get the storage space. It's pretty simple.

Not sure why you came here to ask, you could've just clicked a couple times on Dropbox's website and been all set up :P
    05-10-2013 03:07 PM

Just go to Dropbox's website and fill out what you have to, and you'll get the bonus 50GB of storage free. That's what I did.

I think what you have to do is refer a few people to Dropbox via email (there's a quick walk-through), and you get the storage space. It's pretty simple.

Not sure why you came here to ask, you could've just clicked a couple times on Dropbox's website and been all set up :P
    Depending whether the carrier opted in to participate, dropbox gives 50GB of free storage for 2 years for users of certain samsung phones. This offer is separate from the free additional space you can get from dropbox for referrals and whatnot. (btw, each referral only nets you 500MB of space per referral unless you have a pro account then it is 1GB)

For example, I have about 22GB of space on my dropbox account for referrals. When I got my Sprint GS4 and signed into my dropbox account on the phone it automatically gave me an additional 50GB (48GB to be exact) that is good for 2 years.

However, certain carriers, like AT&T have opted their customers out of the offer.

Please see here for more specifics: https://www.dropbox.com/help/297/en
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    05-10-2013 03:12 PM

I came here because I didn't realize AT&T opted out of that so thought maybe I was missing something but I guess I'm not, lol. Thanks.
    05-10-2013 03:23 PM
    I love the people who think they know everything. LOL!

Make sure your carrier is participating

Some carriers have opted out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are the following carriers:
    United States: AT&T
    Japan: NTT DoCoMo
    Korea: SK Telecom

John
    05-10-2013 03:28 PM

Some carriers have opted out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are the following carriers:

John
    if the app is not pre installed on the phone your carrier has opted out. ATT had always opted out of dropbox promotions for some reasons.
    05-10-2013 03:30 PM

John
    I got the account without my carrier offering me anything. I made the account *before* I even got my phone. I've got 50.75GB of storage free. It had nothing to do with my phone *at all*, and had nothing to do with any coupons or offers I had. I just went to their site, signed up, and selected the 50GB free offer and got it.

Just saying...
    05-10-2013 04:03 PM
    Google drive is better....you get 5 gigs free and the upgrade storage options are cheaper
    05-10-2013 07:53 PM
    Google Drive sucks in my opinion. I much prefer Dropbox. It sucks Verizon isn't in on the promotion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-11-2013 08:27 AM
    Google Drive sucks in my opinion.
    Fascinating reasons to back up your statement.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 09:15 AM
    Fascinating reasons to back up your statement.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I said in my opinion, it may work great for you, but I'm always getting errors with the pc side of it and it uploads my stuff so slowly when it actually does work. I prefer Dropbox because of that. I've never had any issues with it. I get 25gb from Google for 5 bucks a year but I still never use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-11-2013 03:43 PM
    I have had far more errors with google drive than dropbox on my phones and pc. I wish Att was doing the 50 GB dropbox promotion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    brianphrack likes this.
    05-11-2013 04:03 PM
    Boo AT&T.

I use Dropbox and Wuala. Wuala being not as pretty but 100% secure, check it out.
    05-11-2013 04:08 PM