08-02-2013 04:03 PM
178 1234 ...
tools
    Yeah definitely. Next year instead of an iPhone 5S and Nexus 5 I will get the Nexus 5 and Galaxy S5.
    Good to see you're still remaining loyal to Nexus

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 01:09 AM
    Good to see you're still remaining loyal to Nexus

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I'm thinking of getting a N7 too, they are dirt cheap at 400 NZ dollars.
    Android is slowly taking over me
    Parafly likes this.
    05-11-2013 01:22 AM
    I'm thinking of getting a N7 too, they are dirt cheap at 400 NZ dollars.
    Android is slowly taking over me
    I'd wait until After Wednesday and get the new one if it's out soon enough
    05-11-2013 01:24 AM
    I'd wait until After Wednesday and get the new one if it's out soon enough
    Of course, I'm waiting for the new one and 4.3 Jellybean.
    05-11-2013 01:25 AM
    Yeah, the current N7 model is still an amazing tablet and is the best 7" one out IMO, but it's gotten somewhat laggy with the 4.2 update. So N7 2 FTW!
    05-11-2013 01:49 AM
    I'm going to drop a link to Kevin's post about this section going forward. If you think someone is trolling or has disruptive intentions, or you see a post that might be inappropriate or unwanted, use the report post button and move on. Don't feel the need to post and call it out. For those saying you don't want threads that may start 'flaming' and disruptive posting, why reply and push it back up in the forum and closer to the "Trending Now" list?

I cleaned a few posts here. If you call out other users in this section publicly, a warning is likely.
    dancing-bass and Aquila like this.
    05-11-2013 01:54 AM
    I'm going to drop a link to Kevin's post about this section going forward. If you think someone is trolling or has disruptive intentions, or you see a post that might be inappropriate or unwanted, use the report post button and move on. Don't feel the need to post and call it out. For those saying you don't want threads that may start 'flaming' and disruptive posting, why reply and push it back up in the forum and closer to the "Trending Now" list?

I cleaned a few posts here. If you call out other users in this section publicly, a warning is likely.
    Just a question, aren't mods not meant to moderate if you participated in the thread?Sorry if I said anything wrong but Kevin was talking about that in a thread I saw.
    05-11-2013 01:59 AM
    Just a question, aren't mods not meant to moderate if you participated in the thread?Sorry if I said anything wrong but Kevin was talking about that in a thread I saw.
    His post was referring more to the situation that had developed in the forum at the time. I'm certainly not engaging myself in the debates and discussions as much as I could/would, but at the same time I'm not entirely going to refrain from posting in the entire S4 forum while monitoring the threads at the same time. Besides, if we're trying to encourage the forum's transition to a more calm state, it would make sense for us to get engaged and involved in the genuine, nice discussion as it begins to show up. All the moderators are in this forum now, so we're seeing each other's reports, actions, etc. If something develops where I was more heavily involved, I'd definitely let someone else take the reins so to speak, and we've done so more than once already.

You can PM me or him about it if you wish, but let's not discuss it here.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    05-11-2013 02:16 AM
    Of course, I'm waiting for the new one and 4.3 Jellybean.
    That's why we love our Nexus phones. Every 6 months we get a little surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila, clintw22 and msndrstood like this.
    05-11-2013 02:22 AM
    I feel like this same sort of thing happened with the Motorola Razrs. A whole lot of resistance back then with "MOTOSUX!!!!" etc and the people who actually bought them, especially the Maxx HD versions, seem to love them.
    jroc likes this.
    05-11-2013 02:31 AM
    That's why we love our Nexus phones. Every 6 months we get a little surprise.

05-11-2013 02:46 AM
    Well Chetan, not only have you been enlightened about how great the S4 is, you've revealed the people not to waste time talking to due to their immaturity. There are tons of people here that wouldn't have the guts to do what you just did.

Well done sir.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-11-2013 09:55 AM
    Also I can add my name to people that can confirm that this is not a troll thread.

Kevin OQuinn and badbrad17 like this.
    05-11-2013 10:01 AM
    What are the actual differences from the S3 to S4 screen besides size and resolution?

Does it still use the same underlying technology resulting in similar brightness, sharpness, color, contrast, and balance?
    05-11-2013 11:12 AM
    What are the actual differences from the S3 to S4 screen besides size and resolution?

Does it still use the same underlying technology resulting in similar brightness, sharpness, color, contrast, and balance?
    Check this link.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...review-918.php

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    05-11-2013 11:28 AM
    No, seriously look at my previous posts. I use to bash the S4 so much but I never used one, I got the chance to use one and I was impressed.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    To report on something without having first hand use of it, is foul. You do realize your credibility is shot.
    I signed up on Android Central to get actual users account & experiences with the S4, while trying to figure out if I wanted it or the Q/Z10.
    To me this is worse than trolling I'm surprised there was no penalty or ban for your actions.
    05-11-2013 11:50 AM
    Wow! Talk about double standards. If I call someone a troll I get warned.

The Hustleman likes this.
    05-11-2013 12:07 PM
    To report on something without having first hand use of it, is foul. You do realize your credibility is shot.
    I signed up on Android Central to get actual users account & experiences with the S4, while trying to figure out if I wanted it or the Q/Z10.
    To me this is worse than trolling I'm surprised there was no penalty or ban for your actions.
    You seriously felt the need to post this? He's already admitted his past behavior was wrong, if that isn't good enough for you then I find myself doubting your credibility of being anything more than a flamebaiter. It's done, he's seen the error of his ways, learned his lesson, so move on like an adult.

05-11-2013 12:41 PM
    I never understood people beating this phone up (or any, for that matter) who had never used it to begin with. I've already seen people dismissing the Xphone because of a line drawing they've seen. Not a picture or a leaked spec sheet - a line drawing of the back of the device. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm no Sammy fan but that's due to my past experiences (not because it's plastic), but to completely disregard a phone that wasn't out yet was silly. The same thing happened with the One and it's camera and BlinkFeed. I mean people were bashing these phones in February and March when nobody had even laid hands on one. I've always like the way the Samsung screens popped but I think it's because of those deep blacks more than the saturated colors. I haven't played around with it enough to comment on any lag (which I didn't see) or most of the sensor features, but that camera is sick. Probably the best I've seen. I love the One in low light and the Zoe features but I take lots of outdoor panoramas too and imagine the GS4 is a beast there. I just wish our non-Nexus devices would get some PhotoSphere love.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-11-2013 01:42 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of people have done this in regards to the S4. He not only admitted doing so, but said he was wrong. No need to bring it up further.

Congrats on getting the S4, OP.
    Golfdriver97 and badbrad17 like this.
    05-11-2013 01:53 PM
    I never understood people beating this phone up (or any, for that matter) who had never used it to begin with. I've already seen people dismissing the Xphone because of a line drawing they've seen. Not a picture or a leaked spec sheet - a line drawing of the back of the device. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm no Sammy fan but that's due to my past experiences (not because it's plastic), but to completely disregard a phone that wasn't out yet was silly. The same thing happened with the One and it's camera and BlinkFeed. I mean people were bashing these phones in February and March when nobody had even laid hands on one. I've always like the way the Samsung screens popped but I think it's because of those deep blacks more than the saturated colors. I haven't played around with it enough to comment on any lag (which I didn't see) or most of the sensor features, but that camera is sick. Probably the best I've seen. I love the One in low light and the Zoe features but I take lots of outdoor panoramas too and imagine the GS4 is a beast there. I just wish our non-Nexus devices would get some PhotoSphere love.
    I think the bashing comes mostly from past phones that the bashed owned, from either Samsung, HTC, LG etc I think all these companies have come a long way but some still cannot get over the grudge,.and continue there hate years and known improvements Later

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    The Hustleman likes this.
    05-11-2013 01:56 PM
    We all make comments and judgments about phones before they are released based on specs etc... Sometimes just holding it fitter the first time will change your opinion. For example saw my first 4k TV yesterday and was more blown away than I thought I would be

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-11-2013 02:02 PM
    Omg the S4's screen is STUNNING I used to hate the s3 screen but the S4just blows it away. The phone doesn't feel any bigger then the s3 and its also lighter I used to say that the plastic is cheap on the S4 and it doesn't feel cheap at all! Then the speed, people complained about lag and the S4 proves that to be false. The camera options are AMAZING and its just an awesome phone! I wish I had enough money to keep my N4 and get the S4.

Gj Sammy you now have a convert for next year.

Wow....after all that contradicting me lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    05-11-2013 02:08 PM
    Wow....after all that contradicting me lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Yeah sorry

05-11-2013 02:21 PM
    He's not trolling. He's outspoken. And he's from New Zealand so we have to forgive him.

Btw Jerry, I did love that post. Like a father swatting his son across the back of the head (electronically of course).

I would have notified him in a PM. No sense in threatening the guy until you know the situation. A PM conversation would have resolved the issue.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-11-2013 02:51 PM
178 1234 ...