08-02-2013 04:03 PM
178 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Gotta say that the first s4 I got was defective but the replacement is awesome. I cant wait till I am able to fully take advantage of all of its features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-12-2013 02:02 AM
    Urrgh...Nexus, if they started fitting them with good cameras, decent DACs, great screens, bigger batteries and mem expansion maybe then I'd consider getting one.
    The camera on this phone isn't horrible, the screen is great and the battery is excellent. I get 4 hours of on screen time constantly. Memory certainly could be addressed but I am fine with 16gb. Not sure what a DAC is.

And you realize it's only $350 right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 02:07 AM
    Sammy's CEO said they give the public what they want, ala, they're almost the only phone to still have mem expansion and removable batteries. And they happen to be number one. Yeah, I see them changing that... Not. They probably love that everyone else is going in another direction.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I came from a Samsung phone with both of those features and although the swappable battery was nice, I find I prefer not tearing the back off my phone. I get a good day out of it and can use a battery pack.

05-12-2013 02:12 AM
    The camera on this phone isn't horrible, the screen is great and the battery is excellent. I get 4 hours of on screen time constantly. Memory certainly could be addressed but I am fine with 16gb. Not sure what a DAC is.

And you realize it's only $350 right?

By far best value for the money that exists right now, and just like the S4 and HTC One, it's one of the top 5 devices available on May 12, 2013.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-12-2013 02:13 AM
    Yea so sad for Apple, 2013 with N4, S4 and H1 Android is looking very good for this year.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Aquila and barryl85 like this.
    05-12-2013 02:50 AM
    Yea so sad for Apple, 2013 with N4, S4 and H1 Android is looking very good for this year.

Why is it sad for Apple? They are still kicking Samsung's *** when it comes to profits. Just saying the truth.
    05-12-2013 02:58 AM
    Why is it sad for Apple? They are still kicking Samsung's *** when it comes to profits. Just saying the truth.
    Sad from a market share standpoint maybe, but they're profits are making them happy as C3PO in an oil bath.
    05-12-2013 03:00 AM
    Not when it comes to market share or stock.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 09:07 AM

And if Google announces this X phone then things will only get crazier.

05-12-2013 09:22 AM
    Sad from a market share standpoint maybe, but they're profits are making them happy as C3PO in an oil bath.
    iOS 7 will be a huge turning point. So much is hinging on this next update.

05-12-2013 09:25 AM
    There is lag, but it's occasional and random. To say that it is false is like telling all the people that are experiencing it crazy. I am sure some people don't really know what lag even is and they go about it normally. There is lag and I know three other people including myself that have the phone and we all agree that lag is present in the phone. There shouldn't be according to specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 09:52 AM
    There is lag, but it's occasional and random. To say that it is false is like telling all the people that are experiencing it crazy. I am sure some people don't really know what lag even is and they go about it normally. There is lag and I know three other people including myself that have the phone and we all agree that lag is present in the phone. There shouldn't be according to specs.

The latest update fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    05-12-2013 10:13 AM
    Agreed. There is no lag on my phone. It's running amazing.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    05-12-2013 10:27 AM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, nor do I care. But I am telling you if this is some elaborate troll, I will personally ban you from Android Central forever. I did say IF.
    I rarely post but reading this turned me off by this forum.
    The MODERATOR seems like the troll by threatening to ban people.

tohio likes this.
    05-12-2013 10:27 AM

You would have had to know chetan's history with the mods to understand his reasoning for posting that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    TheOtherBill and badbrad17 like this.
    05-12-2013 10:29 AM

I feel like I post that once a thread. You did it for me this time.
    Jennifer Stough and badbrad17 like this.
    05-12-2013 10:37 AM
    I feel like I post that once a thread. You did it for me this time.
    It's sad that it needs to be said so many times.

05-12-2013 10:51 AM
    It's sad that it needs to be said so many times.

Not accusing the person who posted it in this thread of this, but I find that the majority of people who try to push the stigma of the S4 having "lag" are people who don't own the device. Or they own another device that they may want to look superior in comparison.

It's alright, though. It's part of the reason I'm here.
    madlaw1071 and tohio like this.
    05-12-2013 11:07 AM

Not entirely. It is much much smoother than before but there are occasional stutters. But I am not complaining, it could certainly use some more optimizations.

05-12-2013 11:11 AM
    Not entirely. It is much much smoother than before but there are occasional stutters. But I am not complaining, it could certainly use some more optimizations.

There are ways to fix that, others have said it's completely gone for them but everyone is going to have a different experience.

05-12-2013 11:57 AM

Lol. Don't sweat it. Jerry and Chetan go way back.

05-12-2013 12:22 PM

Every computer or phone can hesitate at times. Even the beloved iphone has its moments where it can hesitate. Android processes a lot of stuff and even when you have a quad core processor and 2GB of ram you can get a hiccup. Even my Nexus 4 has the odd bump now and again, but I beat mine up with widgets etc.

05-12-2013 12:29 PM

Jerry is pretty fair. A bit harsh sometimes, but fair. The same cannot be said of others, but such is life
    05-12-2013 01:05 PM
    Jerry is pretty fair. A bit harsh sometimes, but fair. The same cannot be said of others, but such is life
    What's fair about threatening someone in an abusive tone in public without having the facts? I would certainly criticize a general forum poster who did the same. Wouldn't a PM have accomplished the goal? The OP could have explained his position and that would be the end of it.
    05-12-2013 02:19 PM
    What's fair about threatening someone in an abusive tone in public without having the facts? I would certainly criticize a general forum poster who did the same. Wouldn't a PM have accomplished the goal? The OP could have explained his position and that would be the end of it.
    Do you really have to jump on every single chance you can to bash the mods? Just asking, because this definitely isn't the first time I've seen it.

Once again, if you knew the relationship between chetan and the mods you would understand his feeling the need to post this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 02:33 PM
178 ... 34567 ...