08-02-2013 04:03 PM
178 ... 45678
tools
    All lag in today's high-powered android handsets can be blamed for those darned carriers placing their bloated crapware into our phones as well as OEM-issued skinned versions of Android.

Ah, don't you just love AOSP-based ROMs?
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-12-2013 02:36 PM
    Do you really have to jump on every single chance you can to bash the mods? Just asking, because this definitely isn't the first time I've seen it.

Once again, if you knew the relationship between chetan and the mods you would understand his feeling the need to post this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    I'm not sure what "relationship" I have with the mods O.O
    05-12-2013 02:52 PM
    What's fair about threatening someone in an abusive tone in public without having the facts? I would certainly criticize a general forum poster who did the same. Wouldn't a PM have accomplished the goal? The OP could have explained his position and that would be the end of it.
    1. If I didn't do it in public, you all would have claimed I didn't do it at all, as you and others have done in the past. You reap what you sow.
    2. I don't particularly care what you think.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-12-2013 03:02 PM
    Buddy Christ now watches over this thread and all who post in it.
    Attached Thumbnails I take back all my hate on the S4.-buddy_christ.jpeg  
    05-12-2013 03:03 PM
    1. If I didn't do it in public, you all would have claimed I didn't do it at all, as you and others have done in the past. You reap what you sow.
    2. I don't particularly care what you think.
    Jerry, you are certainly welcome to your opinion about my post but accusing me in public of something I have not done is not acceptable to me. If you have an instance of my claiming that you have not dealt with a troll please post it here or send me a PM. If not please post a public or PM apology. What happened to the new direction posted in Kevin O'Quinn's Moving Forward post? Accusing people publicly of things they have not done certainly doesn't fit the spirit or letter of Kevin's message.
    05-12-2013 03:25 PM
    Someone give Bigfoot back his jerky. Wow the tone of this place certainly has changed since I used to come here when looking for help with my old Incredible. Hope I don't get banned for making an honest observation.
    FatMikeNJ likes this.
    05-12-2013 03:52 PM
    I'm not sure what "relationship" I have with the mods O.O
    I am sorry if I am wrong, but didn't you just return from a ban?

05-12-2013 04:01 PM

If I magically sprout a uterus in the future, birth a child, and have the great honor to be worshiped on this Sunday that only comes once a year, the last place I'd find myself is in this thread... But that's just me. Go enjoy your day, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
    tohio likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:18 PM
    If I magically sprout a uterus in the future, birth a child, and have the great honor to be worshiped on this Sunday that only comes once a year, the last place I'd find myself is in this thread... But that's just be. Go enjoy your day, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
    What... in the world...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 04:29 PM
    If I magically sprout a uterus in the future, birth a child, and have the great honor to be worshiped on this Sunday that only comes once a year, the last place I'd find myself is in this thread... But that's just be. Go enjoy your day, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
    I don't need a special day of the year to be honored and appreciated as a mother, I get it everyday. But thank you anyways :-)

fishepa and badbrad17 like this.
    05-12-2013 04:31 PM
    I don't need a special day of the year to be honored and appreciated as a mother, I get it everyday. But thank you anyways :-)

My mother is 1200 miles away, only get to see her about once a year, and still she gets a phone call from me once a day telling her thanks for being no short of amazing. So I agree with you on that one.

EDIT: I'm glad tohio (thanks brother ) is the only one that appreciates my attempt to derail the hell out of this thread from the negativity... I'm just not witty and clever enough
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:35 PM

Yes because I hated the S4, thing I dont understand is that I'm praising the S4 and being called a troll even though I was banned for trolling/hating the S4.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:36 PM
    Yes because I hated the S4, thing I dont understand is that I'm praising the S4 and being called a troll even though I was banned for trolling/hating the S4.
    I'm not sure why someone with a Droid is in a Galaxy S4 forum calling you out for being banned for discussing the Galaxy S4. I think you have been exonerated of being a troll by others in this thread. Asking someone if they have been banned is not warranted in my opinion. On another note, I see that you like the iPhone. Do you still have one? Did you replace the iPhone with the S4? I had one but gave it up because I couldn't mod it (Mod = mostly soft bricked every Android phone I've had).
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:46 PM
    I'm not calling you a troll. I was just suggesting that is why the mods, or jerry in particular, was suspicious of this thread.

05-12-2013 04:49 PM
    I'm not sure why someone with a Droid is in a Galaxy S4 forum calling you out for being banned for discussing the Galaxy S4. I think you have been exonerated of being a troll by others in this thread. Asking someone if they have been banned is not warranted in my opinion. On another note, I see that you like the iPhone. Do you still have one? Did you replace the iPhone with the S4? I had one but gave it up because I couldn't mod it (Mod = mostly soft bricked every Android phone I've had).
    I was sitting over here wondering the same thing (not that I care, just was slightly confused)... Picture extremely relevant.
    Attached Thumbnails I take back all my hate on the S4.-citi_field_left_field_view.jpg  
    05-12-2013 04:52 PM
    Indeed, this is my first galaxy s device ever. Before I used to use various different blackberry's, thinking they're the best phones in the world only because they had a physical keyboard but hey guess what I decided to go android and I'm never looking back! I've never looked towards purchasing an IOS device ever in my life and never will either.
    05-12-2013 04:53 PM
    I was not trying to call him out for being banned. I was just saying that due to his past, the mods could find this thread suspicious, that is why jerry posted what he did in the second post. And when chetan said he wasn't sure what relationship with the mods I was speaking of, I asked if he had just returned from a ban to verify that I was thinking of the same person. Yes, I have a droid and yes, I am in the s4 forum. Just because I don't have a S4 device doesn't mean I am not interested in the device. I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to publicly embarrass him, but I will not apologize for participating in a thread outside of the Verizon droid DNA forum. I am interested in technology, not one brand or manufacturer.

Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    05-12-2013 04:53 PM
    ...I will not apologize for participating in a thread outside of the Verizon droid DNA forum. I am interested in technology, not one brand or manufacturer.

But none of your posts in this thread has dealt with technology. Obviously you can visit and post in any forum you wish. But from your posts here it seems you are just interested in defending one person and commenting on others. Hardly TECH stuff.
    05-12-2013 05:01 PM
    But none of your posts in this thread has dealt with technology. Obviously you can visit and post in any forum you wish. But from your posts here it seems you are just interested in defending one person and commenting on others. Hardly TECH stuff.
    Uh, if you read back a little farther you would see that I commended chetan for admitting he was previously mistaken about the device and that this thread gave me hope for the future of this forum regarding Samsung/HTC feuds. Have I commented on the phone myself? No, because I haven't had the pleasure of handling it yet and anything I would have added to the conversation would be merely speculation. Hence the searching the forums for information when I came across this thread.

05-12-2013 05:05 PM
    I'm not calling you a troll. I was just suggesting that is why the mods, or jerry in particular, was suspicious of this thread.

No I understand, I know you didn't say that. but see the thing is it would be far more appropriate to say I was trolling if I said the S4 was bad.
    I was banned for saying the S4 is a bad phone(being mild here) and then I changed my opinion on it by saying it is a good phone.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense it's hard for me to explain.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    05-12-2013 05:07 PM
    No I understand, I know you didn't say that. but see the thing is it would be far more appropriate to say I was trolling if I said the S4 was bad.
    I was banned for saying the S4 is a bad phone(being mild here) and then I changed my opinion on it by saying it is a good phone.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense it's hard for me to explain.
    I understand, and commend you for publicly admitting a mistake. I do not believe that this was an attempt at trolling. Some people just find it hard to believe when someone has a hard opinion on something and switches tunes on a spur. You don't have to explain, I fully understand. You dogged on the phone, once you handled it you changed your opinion. Its reasonable.

Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-12-2013 05:10 PM
    I'm quite familiar with Chetan's situation and past activity, yet I remained open-minded about this thread and a potential change of opinion after the ban and using the device in person. Furthermore, let's not be too judgmental of others for their opinions, phone preferences, or choice in forum discussions. If you think there's an issue, report the post and PM a mod if you would like clarification on the issue.

I realize this thread brought up some relevant forum-centric discussion, but if this thread is to remain open let's stay on topic for the forum and keep personal conversations to personal messages.

A sincere happy Mother's Day to all AC mothers out there.
    Jennifer Stough and badbrad17 like this.
    05-12-2013 05:16 PM
    Yup still have it. The S4 has gone back in the box waiting for my friends arrival at 12 today.

I still use my N4 as my primary phone and a couple of reasons.
    -Software keys- I didn't think this would really matter to me but it's cool because you can program custom shortcuts by swiping up from the home button
    -Screen is much bigger and better for Youtube
    - the Android youtube app has the turn of HD mode which is useful because some places I go to have slow wifi

But the iPhone has better app quality and better eco system( Not all google services available outside of US)

On one note I did not like the fact that the screen on the S4 didn't have white whites, but the other colours really pop on it. I don't like the button and the menu button because the shortcuts for multitasking and Google Now are all wonky coming from a N4. The plastic doesn't feel as good as the iPhone 5 but the other features make up for that. one of my favourites is that if the screen is off and i swipe from left to right it shows me notifications in a cool way.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-12-2013 05:30 PM
    Does anyone notice how the bezel around the S4 is kinda scratched when used under the sun, or other strong lighting?
    05-12-2013 06:22 PM
    Does anyone notice how the bezel around the S4 is kinda scratched when used under the sun, or other strong lighting?
    Nope.
    05-12-2013 07:04 PM
178 ... 45678