08-02-2013 04:03 PM
178 ... 5678
tools
    Nope.
    Does the bezel catch finger prints quickly?
    05-12-2013 07:11 PM
    Does the bezel catch finger prints quickly?
    Nope.
    05-12-2013 07:14 PM
    Nope.
    Thanks for the reply, have a nice day!
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-12-2013 07:17 PM
    Yup still have it. The S4 has gone back in the box waiting for my friends arrival at 12 today.

I still use my N4 as my primary phone and a couple of reasons.
    -Software keys- I didn't think this would really matter to me but it's cool because you can program custom shortcuts by swiping up from the home button
    -Screen is much bigger and better for Youtube
    - the Android youtube app has the turn of HD mode which is useful because some places I go to have slow wifi

But the iPhone has better app quality and better eco system( Not all google services available outside of US)

On one note I did not like the fact that the screen on the S4 didn't have white whites, but the other colours really pop on it. I don't like the button and the menu button because the shortcuts for multitasking and Google Now are all wonky coming from a N4. The plastic doesn't feel as good as the iPhone 5 but the other features make up for that. one of my favourites is that if the screen is off and i swipe from left to right it shows me notifications in a cool way.
    I just read a post on AC about adjusting the white tone on the screen. Check it out and maybe let your friend know http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/andro...6g/story01.htm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Patrick Schroedl, Aquila and tohio like this.
    05-12-2013 11:20 PM
    I just read a post on AC about adjusting the white tone on the screen. Check it out and maybe let your friend know Galaxy S4 quick tip: Disable 'Auto adjust screen tone' for brighter whites | Android Central

Woah, thanks for that. I'll try it out when my mate comes and sets his S4 up.
    05-12-2013 11:40 PM
    Does anyone notice how the bezel around the S4 is kinda scratched when used under the sun, or other strong lighting?
    I haven't noticed any on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-13-2013 04:22 AM
    I sorta agree. Still love there pod casts.
    Maybe it could be read that way, but as Jessica and other intimated earlier, taken in the context of the rest of the thread, etc. it's pretty easy to see how we got to where we are. I still think this thread has been pretty positive for getting some of the tension into the open and alleviated. I know the last couple of days have been way better than the last couple of weeks.

My guess is that everyone is just so damned excited for Google I/O in 2 days, 6 hours and 24 minutes (Keynote) that their brains can't handle any additional stress!
    05-13-2013 04:37 AM
    Maybe it could be read that way, but as Jessica and other intimated earlier, taken in the context of the rest of the thread, etc. it's pretty easy to see how we got to where we are. I still think this thread has been pretty positive for getting some of the tension into the open and alleviated. I know the last couple of days have been way better than the last couple of weeks.

My guess is that everyone is just so damned excited for Google I/O in 2 days, 6 hours and 24 minutes (Keynote) that their brains can't handle any additional stress!
    IKR

- - - Updated - - -

IKR
    05-13-2013 05:06 AM
    The camera on this phone isn't horrible, the screen is great and the battery is excellent. I get 4 hours of on screen time constantly. Memory certainly could be addressed but I am fine with 16gb. Not sure what a DAC is.

And you realize it's only $350 right?

The camera is not good on the nexus 4 at all, I could never get a decent picture compared to my wife's iPhone 4s. I really don't care about the camera in general the thing that made me sell the phone was the battery life sucked. Not sure what happened after 4.2.2 update, but my battery couldn't make it to the end of the day. I had to buy a wireless charging pad for my office and leave my phone on it. The S4 battery is much better. Now I will probably regret selling it after this week lol.
    05-13-2013 08:16 AM
    The camera is not good on the nexus 4 at all, I could never get a decent picture compared to my wife's iPhone 4s. I really don't care about the camera in general the thing that made me sell the phone was the battery life sucked. Not sure what happened after 4.2.2 update, but my battery couldn't make it to the end of the day. I had to buy a wireless charging pad for my office and leave my phone on it. The S4 battery is much better. Now I will probably regret selling it after this week lol.
    There's a whole thread showing pictures our members have taken with the N4 and they're good pics. In this case I'm thinking it's not the camera that's the problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-13-2013 08:40 AM
    The camera is not good on the nexus 4 at all
    You either have a defective unit or expect DSLR quality. The camera isn't outstanding but can still take beautiful pictures.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-13-2013 08:43 AM
    There's a whole thread showing pictures our members have taken with the N4 and they're good pics. In this case I'm thinking it's not the camera that's the problem.

Awesome and if I didn't delete all of my bad pictures I could show more that just sucked. The weakness of the camera was apparent when my wife would take the same picture as me. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I do have two perfectly working eyeballs that said one picture sucked compared to the other. Again the N4 was and is a good phone, just not so good at pictures and holding a charge IMOP.
    05-13-2013 10:57 AM
    You either have a defective unit or expect DSLR quality. The camera isn't outstanding but can still take beautiful pictures.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nope just expect the camera to pass the eyeball test and it didn't. If it works for you great it didn't for me.
    05-13-2013 10:59 AM
    Nope just expect the camera to pass the eyeball test and it didn't. If it works for you great it didn't for me.
    Everything I've read said the N4's weakspots were no LTE and camera, so you arent alone in your perception.
    05-13-2013 12:36 PM
    Everything I've read said the N4's weakspots were no LTE and camera, so you arent alone in your perception.
    LTE was the other thing, not having it was hard after having it if you know what I mean.
    05-13-2013 01:01 PM
    I wouldn't say the camera on the Nexus 4 is terrible, but it isn't the quality of the say the Galaxy S3 or One X (other 8MP shooters that were out at the same time). I'd say that it's average at best, but under the right conditions you can get some good shots with it.
    05-13-2013 01:05 PM
    I wouldn't say the camera on the Nexus 4 is terrible, but it isn't the quality of the say the Galaxy S3 or One X (other 8MP shooters that were out at the same time). I'd say that it's average at best, but under the right conditions you can get some good shots with it.
    Yeah. I am back on the Nexus 4(friend took his S4) and I can't believe how much I missed it!!!

Aquila likes this.
    05-13-2013 02:31 PM
    Its a capable camera but I have never been able to produce any stunning shots with it without extensive editing. Photosphere makes it one of my favorite cameras to use though.
    05-13-2013 02:57 PM
    Yeah. I am back on the Nexus 4(friend took his S4) and I can't believe how much I missed it!!!

I might get a N4 as a "work" phone... It's just the lack of LTE that kills me.

05-13-2013 04:07 PM
    I might get a N4 as a "work" phone... It's just the lack of LTE that kills me.

Well HSDPA 42 is really fast. it depends in your market though. most towers in my city have HSDPA 42.
    05-13-2013 04:10 PM
    Inadvertently cross posted due to wayward cut and paste job. Deleted, edited, and reposted in proper forum and context. Apologize for the error.

EDITED BY MODERATOR

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-02-2013 02:15 PM
    Yeah, lets not revive a dead thread to try and start an argument, please. Post edited.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Topgonzo likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:31 PM
    Not my intent to start an argument, was just struck by the inconsistencies in a strongly worded post quoting mine in another forum. Thanks for intervening.
    08-02-2013 02:40 PM
    I've had only a great experience with the S4. ...but that's just my experience. I'm sure someone somewhere feels differently.

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)
    08-02-2013 02:41 PM
    Sorry for re-resurrecting this thread.
    08-02-2013 02:44 PM
178 ... 5678