I take back all my hate on the S4.

Trekromance

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Gotta say that the first s4 I got was defective but the replacement is awesome. I cant wait till I am able to fully take advantage of all of its features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Urrgh...Nexus, if they started fitting them with good cameras, decent DACs, great screens, bigger batteries and mem expansion maybe then I'd consider getting one.
The camera on this phone isn't horrible, the screen is great and the battery is excellent. I get 4 hours of on screen time constantly. Memory certainly could be addressed but I am fine with 16gb. Not sure what a DAC is. :confused:

And you realize it's only $350 right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sammy's CEO said they give the public what they want, ala, they're almost the only phone to still have mem expansion and removable batteries. And they happen to be number one. Yeah, I see them changing that... Not. They probably love that everyone else is going in another direction.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I came from a Samsung phone with both of those features and although the swappable battery was nice, I find I prefer not tearing the back off my phone. I get a good day out of it and can use a battery pack.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The camera on this phone isn't horrible, the screen is great and the battery is excellent. I get 4 hours of on screen time constantly. Memory certainly could be addressed but I am fine with 16gb. Not sure what a DAC is. :confused:

And you realize it's only $350 right?

By far best value for the money that exists right now, and just like the S4 and HTC One, it's one of the top 5 devices available on May 12, 2013.

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yea so sad for Apple, 2013 with N4, S4 and H1 Android is looking very good for this year.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea so sad for Apple, 2013 with N4, S4 and H1 Android is looking very good for this year.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
And if Google announces this X phone then things will only get crazier.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There is lag, but it's occasional and random. To say that it is false is like telling all the people that are experiencing it crazy. I am sure some people don't really know what lag even is and they go about it normally. There is lag and I know three other people including myself that have the phone and we all agree that lag is present in the phone. There shouldn't be according to specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There is lag, but it's occasional and random. To say that it is false is like telling all the people that are experiencing it crazy. I am sure some people don't really know what lag even is and they go about it normally. There is lag and I know three other people including myself that have the phone and we all agree that lag is present in the phone. There shouldn't be according to specs.

The latest update fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, nor do I care. But I am telling you if this is some elaborate troll, I will personally ban you from Android Central forever. I did say IF.

I rarely post but reading this turned me off by this forum.
The MODERATOR seems like the troll by threatening to ban people.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I rarely post but reading this turned me off by this forum.
The MODERATOR seems like the troll by threatening to ban people.

You would have had to know chetan's history with the mods to understand his reasoning for posting that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's sad that it needs to be said so many times.

Not accusing the person who posted it in this thread of this, but I find that the majority of people who try to push the stigma of the S4 having "lag" are people who don't own the device. Or they own another device that they may want to look superior in comparison.

It's alright, though. It's part of the reason I'm here.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The latest update fixed it.

Not entirely. It is much much smoother than before but there are occasional stutters. But I am not complaining, it could certainly use some more optimizations.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely. It is much much smoother than before but there are occasional stutters. But I am not complaining, it could certainly use some more optimizations.

There are ways to fix that, others have said it's completely gone for them but everyone is going to have a different experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37