Hi

I know that this seems very early but most of the tech sites say that google will release an incremental update this week, 4.3. I know that samsung keeps updating its phones regularly but it takes them a while to do so. Based on your experience with previous samsung flagship phones, do you guys think that it will take them months to release the update?

I also want to ask you guys about the model that samsung updates first. Is it the international version I9500? Like it was with I9300 or I9505 or the carrier versions?

And what about the new google chat app rumored to be called Hangouts, do you guys think it will be a core app that we have to have android 4.3 to use it or will google just release it to the play store for every one?
    05-11-2013 03:49 AM
    Phone's not even out on Verizon and they would already be off to a start dragging their feet on yet another update. Joy.

I'm sorry it's late/early and I'm being really cynical right now.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 04:00 AM
    Hi

I know that this seems very early but most of the tech sites say that google will release an incremental update this week, 4.3. I know that samsung keeps updating its phones regularly but it takes them a while to do so. Based on your experience with previous samsung flagship phones, do you guys think that it will take them months to release the update?

I also want to ask you guys about the model that samsung updates first. Is it the international version I9500? Like it was with I9300 or I9505 or the carrier versions?

And what about the new google chat app rumored to be called Hangouts, do you guys think it will be a core app that we have to have android 4.3 to use it or will google just release it to the play store for every one?
    I think it will be a few months before the update reaches everyone.

Despite this, at least Samsung does make the effort to update its phones. It even launched the S4 with the newest version of Android.

As for the new messaging app, I think they should release it to the Play Store and update it independently from some apps that are core.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-11-2013 05:41 AM
    WOW, we don't even know for sure IF we will be getting a major or incremental update if anything and the "when will we get it" questions start to surface! We all love the anticipation! LOL!
    No one will have what ever Google releases for some time outside of those who own Nexus devices, but, recent history tells us that Samsung usually is among the first who do update their top end phones, but this would probably be a matter of monthes, not weeks down the road!
    Personally, I am more interested in Sami optimizing 4.2.2 right now then updating to what ever comes from Google down the road...especially if it's just incrementel!

Cheers
    05-11-2013 08:54 AM
    We will know this week if there will be a 4.3 or jump to 5 with key lime pie. Google IO is going on this week and they will probably release details on android OS.
    05-11-2013 12:12 PM
    Phone's not even out on Verizon and they would already be off to a start dragging their feet on yet another update. Joy.

I'm sorry it's late/early and I'm being really cynical right now.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Root. Problem solved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-11-2013 02:05 PM
    I would suspect 4.3 by fall, in time for the GN3 perhaps and Samsung has already stated it would get KLP 5.0, of course any US Carrier can choose (Verizon/AT&T) to screw us on that.
    05-11-2013 04:15 PM
    Root. Problem solved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Rooting doesn't give Verizon an excuse.

And yes I know. I clearly state I got my phone back to stock after using a custom ROM when Verizon dragged it's feet on the 4.1 Gnex update.

I just don't like custom ROMs.

05-11-2013 08:10 PM