So I got my Galaxy, 32gb this morning and have loved it so far. I do have a few questions though that seem to be troublesome.

-How can I disable the whole screen from lighting up when a text comes in, and just have the LED flash in it's place? I couldn't find a setting like this anywhere.

-I can't get Air View to work (at least obviously efficiently) with or without the upped screen sensitivity, have I fallen market to a gimmick or is there something I'm doing wrong?

-S-Voice has crashed a lot for me...if this peculiar or odd?

-I found I had to turn up my car's volume pretty high through AUX cable to be even with my iPhone's middle level volume, while both phones are on max. Odd or just how it is?

Thanks guys!
    05-11-2013 04:26 AM

S-Voice seems to be in shape again.
    Other stuff is still perplexing.
    Did get just shy of 20 hours on my first full charge though!
    05-11-2013 02:04 PM
    Everything you asked is in the settings sir. Mess around with it and enjoy learning the new toy

Posted via Android Central App
    05-11-2013 02:29 PM
    1) Sorry, but that's been built into Galaxy phones since forever. I personally don't like it either, but at least in the stock version, there's no way to turn that off Some suggest that if you use a different SMS app this won't happen.

2)AirView will only work on certain parts of the software. For instance when viewing e-mails but not on GMail, when previewing photos in the gallery but not in the camera, when viewing events in your calendar but on on the widget. Also, it's not like it will work at any height. I believe it's only a couple of inches above the screen and that's it.

4) I haven't tried hooking mine up to AUX yet, but it might be just how these phones are. I remember having more volume out of my iPod than my Note 2 (it's something about impedances and power output and stuff). I do believe there's an app that will allow you to up the max output level, though...
    05-11-2013 02:45 PM
    Everything you asked is in the settings sir. Mess around with it and enjoy learning the new toy

Posted via Android Central App
    I tell people myself that normally haha, but that's people who don't sit there and actually try to find it in the first place. Hence the wonderful notation of working with it for the day, and still having them unresolved.

1) Sorry, but that's been built into Galaxy phones since forever. I personally don't like it either, but at least in the stock version, there's no way to turn that off Some suggest that if you use a different SMS app this won't happen.

2)AirView will only work on certain parts of the software. For instance when viewing e-mails but not on GMail, when previewing photos in the gallery but not in the camera, when viewing events in your calendar but on on the widget. Also, it's not like it will work at any height. I believe it's only a couple of inches above the screen and that's it.

4) I haven't tried hooking mine up to AUX yet, but it might be just how these phones are. I remember having more volume out of my iPod than my Note 2 (it's something about impedances and power output and stuff). I do believe there's an app that will allow you to up the max output level, though...
    Thank you sir, this was very helpful!

-Ah well, I'll just deal with it. I was hoping for better luck with the battery off of it.

-See I've had it be goofy all over, including in those places. I never thought inches above would work, I thought you practically have to have it touching, but float above the screen.

-Poweramp I believe? It's no big deal, i just was curious on the matter. Lemme know if you have the same experience when/if you try it, if you wouldn't mind!
    05-11-2013 06:20 PM