new to the galaxy s4

asnelling

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey all
I have switched over to the s4 after years and years of having an iphone. It seems to top the iphone by so much, except for one thing.
on the iphone i was able to add personal text shortcuts. For example if i typed "brb" the phone would change it automatically to "be right back"
is there this feature anywhere on the s4 without having to switch on that predictive text setting? And if so is there a way to add my own shortcuts?
Thanks in advanced for any responses!

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey all
I have switched over to the s4 after years and years of having an iphone. It seems to top the iphone by so much, except for one thing.
on the iphone i was able to add personal text shortcuts. For example if i typed "brb" the phone would change it automatically to "be right back"
is there this feature anywhere on the s4 without having to switch on that predictive text setting? And if so is there a way to add my own shortcuts?
Thanks in advanced for any responses!
If you look at the forum you are in there is a sticky at the top that I placed that has the SGS4 full User Manual that will answer all these questions for you and you can download it to your computer in PDF.

asnelling

May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the forum you are in there is a sticky at the top that I placed that has the SGS4 full User Manual that will answer all these questions for you and you can download it to your computer in PDF.

Yeah i had a good look at that. It does not mention how to add shortcuts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i had a good look at that. It does not mention how to add shortcuts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums
ok in that case you would need to go into depending on the phone where you do your SMS from and there should be an area of the keyboard where you can create the shortcuts you are talking about. If not give it some time, I am sure another person who has more knowledge of this will answer you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci