MDM Build Battery Performance

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope it comes to our sprint phones. My bat life sucks compared to the "one". Although, I checked my version number and I had not received the update. I manually upgraded from xda and I have to say wow! What a difference it made with my lag. Now it runs smooth like a baby's ****!

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope it comes to our sprint phones. My bat life sucks compared to the "one". Although, I checked my version number and I had not received the update. I manually upgraded from xda and I have to say wow! What a difference it made with my lag. Now it runs smooth like a baby's ****!

Hope this new update helps your battery, too. I had the One for a week and it had great battery life, but it can't touch my S4. If it can get significantly better than it is now, like in that MDM build, not sure I'll need to even consider a spare battery charger.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wish someone would come up with a battery test that could be used across the brands to objectively judge battery life. I envision something like, a certain amount of viewing of web pages (the same pages same time for each phone) using the stock browser, playing a certain amount of music, Running several APPS (same APPS same length of time), and a certain amount of time on WIFI, LTE, and GPS in the same location. Basically running the exact same things on each phone for the exact same time and then reporting on the battery life. Testing several phones form each manufacture (i.e. 5 GS 4s and 5 HTC ONEs) would be necessary to average the results. Anything would be better than the constant anecdotal information that leads to so much argument. Perhaps a test like that exists. If so can you let me know about it?

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish someone would come up with a battery test that could be used across the brands to objectively judge battery life. I envision something like, a certain amount of viewing of web pages (the same pages same time for each phone) using the stock browser, playing a certain amount of music, Running several APPS (same APPS same length of time), and a certain amount of time on WIFI, LTE, and GPS in the same location. Basically running the exact same things on each phone for the exact same time and then reporting on the battery life. Testing several phones form each manufacture (i.e. 5 GS 4s and 5 HTC ONEs) would be necessary to average the results. Anything would be better than the constant anecdotal information that leads to so much argument. Perhaps a test like that exists. If so can you let me know about it?

You could use Antutu Tester. I judge it by my own usage (heavy WiFi and LTE both).

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You could use Antutu Tester. I judge it by my own usage (heavy WiFi and LTE both).

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was asking if anyone knows of an objective test that is used by a web site or reviewer to compare batter life between different brands. I have used Antutu to gauge my own phone.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was asking if anyone knows of an objective test that is used by a web site or reviewer to compare batter life between different brands. I have used Antutu to gauge my own phone.

Oh I see. Anandtech has something like that if I'm not mistaken.