Best $59.99 I Ever (And I do mean everrrrrrrr : ) Spent

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You JUST simply cannot appreciate the added functionality spending this 60 bucks can add to the S4. S View Flip Cover - Wowza!! -

When i first saw it on videos i was like, "that looks cool" but it wasn't something i HAD to have.... i went looking for it cheaper and only found it to be a coupla dollars less on Amazon but i still was NOT about to drop $45.00 on a flip case. (This from someone who just got penalized with almost $200.00 bucks in restocking fees and activation fees trying this dang phone out on ALL 3 carriers...lol)

Everywhere i went i saw merchants sticking pretty close to $59.99 price tag and i was like "no way am i spending that" so i ordered just the plain cover without S View for about 10 bucks on Ebay.

Well, the other day i was in Best Buy and they let me try it on and P.S. i ditched the ebay one i had gotten (which fit perfect and was very nice) but o, that lil window with all its notifications and the way it shuts off and lock screen comes on when you open it is worth every penny! There is NO WAY i could ever hve a phone that didn't come with a cover like this. NEVER having to turn the phone ON or OFF? You do NOT realize what a killer feature that is UNTIL you have used it : )

Y'all should check it out in the store, they will let you because the packge just folds close and there's no stickers or anything keeping it sealed.

I just can't stop playing, "peek a boo" with it to see if i can catch it before the lil black window turns to full screen illumination but i can't... IT wins everytime...lol

BTC

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You JUST simply cannot appreciate the added functionality spending this 60 bucks can add to the S4. S View Flip Cover - Wowza!! -

When i first saw it on videos i was like, "that looks cool" but it wasn't something i HAD to have.... i went looking for it cheaper and only found it to be a coupla dollars less on Amazon but i still was NOT about to drop $45.00 on a flip case.

Everywhere i went i saw merchants sticking pretty close to $59.99 price tag and i was like "no way am i spending that" so i ordered just the plain cover without S View for about 10 bucks on Ebay.

Well, the other day i was in Best Buy and they let me try it on and P.S. i ditched the ebay one i had gotten (which fit perfect and was very nice) but o, that lil window with all its notifications and the way it shuts off and lock screen comes on when you open it is worth every penny! There is NO WAY i could ever hve a phone that didn't come with a cover like this. NEVER having to turn the phone ON or OFF? You do NOT realize what a killer feature that is UNTIL you have used it : )

Y'all should check it out in the store, they will let you because the packge just folds close and there's no stickers or anything keeping it sealed.

I just can't stop playing, "peek a boo" with it to see if i can catch it before the lil black window turns to full screen illumination but i can't... IT wins everytime...lol

BTC

I believe Best Buy or Samsung should give you $5.99 every time someone buys one of these after reading your review/endorsement. :)

Kata Rina

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the flip cover as well and love it for the same exact reasons
Now to the things I do not like about it
The view window shows very easy fingerprints
The flap not always closes up ( after you had it flipped all the way open)
And the one bugs me most is: It's hard to use the left button for volume and zooming
But yes you can even answer a call and talk with the flap closed pretty cool
I will buy one more when pink is coming available
I also can't wait for the extra battery charger and wireless charging kit

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
that'd be nice but for as few ppl as i expect will part with the $59.99 despite my rave review, i doubt i'd make much... l:-$

But i will say this, IF you do get it, you should buy it at the Sprint Store and keep your receipt because when it gets dog-eared, they replace it on the spot as many times as you need within the ONE YEAR Warranty period....

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i left the lil clear plastic on as a screensaver because the FIRST one i had gotten in black (they were out of the white) the window was smudgy like you mentioned but this second one the window stays pretty clean. YOu could prolly cut a screen protector to fit and it should reduce smudges....

(Luckily i have NO LIFE so i'm able to find all these tips & tricks...lol)

BTC

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Great review BTC.

My only personal gripe is the magnets aren't strong enough to keep it closed like the iPad smart cover.

It also renders all my awesome Spigen cases useless, but to each his/her own.

Posted via Android Central App

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Status!

ty! Really, it doesn't stay closed? Mine flips shut and fits snuggly closed, i can flip it open and it'll flip shut completely. BUT, i haven't folded it back behind it when in use like i have seen the reviewers do, so maybe once you do that, then it doesn''t fit so snug. I won't be doing that then, having it NOT stay closed would bug me to distraction... lol

BTC

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi Status!

ty! Really, it doesn't stay closed? Mine flips shut and fits snuggly closed, i can flip it open and it'll flip shut completely. BUT, i haven't folded it back behind it when in use like i have seen the reviewers do, so maybe once you do that, then it doesn''t fit so snug. I won't be doing that then, having it NOT stay closed would bug me to distraction... lol

BTC

If it's laying flat, then yes. But from every review I've seen, other than that it doesn't stay shut. Of course my opinion is completely based off speculation, whereas you actually have one, so if you tell me differently then I'm not going to offer a rebuttal ;-)

Oh and hi back btw :)

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the flip cover as well and love it for the same exact reasons
Now to the things I do not like about it
The view window shows very easy fingerprints
The flap not always closes up ( after you had it flipped all the way open)
And the one bugs me most is: It's hard to use the left button for volume and zooming
But yes you can even answer a call and talk with the flap closed pretty cool
I will buy one more when pink is coming available
I also can't wait for the extra battery charger and wireless charging kit

+1 on the battery charging kit.

Does the wireless charging cover add any thickness?

Atom Splitter

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a black S View case right now too. Its nifty. I see going back to my silicone soft gel amzer case after a while tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, those are good for turning the screen on without having to press a button? Been wondering how to do this with the S4, I hate having to hit a button to turn a screen on sometimes.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a black S View case right now too. Its nifty. I see going back to my silicone soft gel amzer case after a while tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

i put a skin on mine, this case is the bees knees...lol

BTC

FLIPCOVER-FINAL_zpsae051f2d.png

brianphrack

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
(This from someone who just got penalized with almost $200.00 bucks in restocking fees and activation fees trying this dang phone out on ALL 3 carriers...lol)

Care to say which carriers you tried out, and which one you finally chose and why? May be a topic for a thread in itself, but I'd sure like to know.

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up one of the s view covers as well.... Luckily I have a good friend who works at the local best buy so he hooked me up with it at the employee purchase price ... $29.95

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Android Central Forums

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like this case better: Galaxy S4 Leather Pouch Crumena View - GALAXY S4 - Samsung - Cell Phones | SPIGEN SGP

I don't like having to lock into a flip case. The flap gets in the way. Whereas, with a pocket case, things are just easier. I also like that it doesn't have an opening for the camera, so when I'm out and need the camera to be covered & protected from scratches, it is.

I'm considering this cover as well but am concerned about: (1) inadvertently, repeatedly grabbing the volume rocker when taking the phone out of the case and (2) lack of a clear cover over the s-view cutout allowing an opprtunity for scratches and debris to accumulate on the side of the pouch where the screen resides. Any feedback on these conerns based on your actual experince? Thx

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
looks like a PIA to open and close that contraption every time you want to use the phone. i hate moving parts. i don't see the value.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I want to love their flip cover, but it makes certain features harder to use. Taking pictures, using car dock, answering calls and not to mention over time, because you fold back the cover it doesn't stay down. Great idea, not for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance