I will be receiving a replacement S4 some time soon (depending on whether I am prioritized or not for replacement). I ended up getting one with a spec of dust stuck under the screen, so it needs replacing.

How do I go about prepping for when I do the exchange? I want to back up my S4, and erase all passwords & everything else on my current S4 (factory reset).
    05-11-2013 09:58 PM
    If you're not rooted, the easiest way to backup and restore is probably to use Helium (formerly Carbon) backup.

I don't have an S4, so I don't know exactly how the setting menu is set up, but look for Backup and Reset in settings, and choose Factory Data Reset.
    05-11-2013 10:04 PM
    I use My Backup Pro. You can back up call logs, text message threads, contacts, alarms, calendar, apps, app data, homescreen, settings, pretty much everything. It costs a few bucks to get the pro but its worth it. There is a free version but it doesn't have one important feature I just can't remember what it doesn't have.
    05-11-2013 10:06 PM
    I use My Backup Pro. You can back up call logs, text message threads, contacts, alarms, calendar, apps, app data, homescreen, settings, pretty much everything. It costs a few bucks to get the pro but its worth it. There is a free version but it doesn't have one important feature I just can't remember what it doesn't have.
    With the free version u can only restore on the same exact phone. The pro version let's u back up to the cloud or sd card and let's u restore on any other phone.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 09:45 PM
    Thanks. I'll be doing all this tonight. I'm picking up my phone tomorrow. Turns out it has been sitting at the post office for 6 days and someone in my family didn't tell me about the pick-up notice that had been delivered to my house for nearly a week, and hid it in a pile of their own files... -_-
    05-13-2013 12:14 AM