White noise when I play music from my GS4 in my car

Juriaan727

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Something weird happens when I use my GS4 for music in my car. I use an AUX cable and in every song there seems to be some interference (or white noise) that can be heard in the background - as if the song was of low quality (and they are not). This did not happen when I was using my iPhone so I was wondering if you guys had any idea of what could be happening since I am completely new to Android.

PS. This problem happens with DoubleTwist and the normal music player.

Thanks!

cctpitts01

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Something weird happens when I use my GS4 for music in my car. I use an AUX cable and in every song there seems to be some interference (or white noise) that can be heard in the background - as if the song was of low quality (and they are not). This did not happen when I was using my iPhone so I was wondering if you guys had any idea of what could be happening since I am completely new to Android.

Thanks!

Do you have the phone plugged in at the same time while using the Auxiliary cable?

Reighvin

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that I get white noise of I forget to turn the volume on the phone up and instead turn up the volume on the stereo. Make sure the phone come is turned completely up and try again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gilroyneil

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You are experiencing the "Audio Distortion" issue which affects certain headphones/audio playback devices.

There are lots of threads here, on XDA, Reddit. Basically there is an issue with the GS4 and how it handles audio players with different impedance's and at different volumes. My ?150 headphones dont work with it, and my BMW X5 has same issue. I use a "Ground Loop isolator" cable in the car which does get rid of the issue but its NOT a grounding issue.

Reddit is best thread currently:
Galaxy S4 May Have Severe Audio Distortion : Android

BigMooose

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem. I'm in Ireland with an 08 ford focus and I've never got any phone to play music over bluetooth so assume the car doesn't support it. All the iPhones I've had play music fine over the aux cable but the S4 is useless. As far as I've tried it's just as bad on any volume level. Is this a permanent "feature" of the S4 or something samsung can fix in an update? I am very unimpressed with this!

Markie G

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue I drive a saab. I never got this with the iphone but do with this. It appears to get worse when there is no sound ie between songs

BigMooose

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
For me it is pretty awful when there is sound and not just between songs. It's so bad I cant listen to it to get as far as the gaps between songs.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks!

Does it happen with a normal mp3 player or a different phone?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me a few times I my Chevy equinox. I unplugged the aux cable then reattached it and it stopped. I did have power connected too, which I thought was causing the issue. It does not happen when streaming via BT.

Could it be a cheap aux cable causing the issue? Something like unshielded, etc?

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21