Galaxy S4 Turns Off by itself sometimes

Row468

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah I got the GT-I9505 the 10th May, and sometimes when I turn off the screen and walk's away and come back, I notice that my galaxy has been turned off by itself. So I'll need to restart the phone again.

It has happened like 3-4 times in 2-3 days. And this is really annoying.

Has anyone else got the same problem and maybe got an solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Turn's Off by itself sometimes

Bad app? Try uninstalling some apps and see if it does the same thing again.

Posted via Android Central App

DebsG

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Tried this. No change. Wonder if it's a similar problem I had with S2. Got my S4 29th April and LOVE it but this turning off is getting more frequent. Off to Vodafone tomorrow I think and see what they say!

Paul Freeburn

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Mine does the exact same thing. Sometimes even just after putting it in my pocket. I usually cant restart mine unless i take the battery out then restart it. This is my first venture back to Android phones since going with Apple 3 years ago, and Im not real impressed! Thing is I really want to like this phone more but................................

Zoheb Osman

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I installed the Tango app in my S4 and when I tried video calling using the rear camera, my phone just turned off. The front camera works fine though. Tried it with my S3 and the rear camera worked, the phone didn't turn off. Weirded me out! Help please!

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

While this is a pain, maybe a factory reset may solve the issue...This is probably what the carrier tech will do anyway.

Cheers

iamchanel

May 4, 2013
Visit site

My spouse and I have both experienced this on our S4's from time to time. No reason obvious.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same issue. A few times over the last few days I will pick up the phone or take it out of my pocket and it is powered off. Restarts fine, but still concerning.

rm1980

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

While in the Tango app, with my Samsung S 4 if you try to use the back camera the phone powers off. Does anyone know how to fix this?:mad:

madenglishgirl

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I have had my S4 for 1 month and already it's been sent back for repair once as it kept turning off. Apparently all the tech did was a system restore and declared it fixed. Since having it back the problem has started again and yesterday alone the device truned itself off 15 times! Today, I haven't managed to send a text as everytime I try and send one, it turns off! I haven't downloaded any new apps, so it can't be that and I am loathed to do a factory restore everyday...and more to the point, why should I?! Also, the fact that it resets so often means that the battery lasts barely a day.

This phone is USELESS!!

Dar33

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

So I think I have this problem figured out. I have the same problem and I'm using two batteries. Funny thing is its happening on the official Samsung one I got with the phone but not my 3rd party Anker battery. I'm going out on a limb and saying try a new battery. Only ?10 for a replacement.

nelnun

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I've got the same issue. I realized that it only shuts off when battery is below 30% battery charge and always at night.
Does anybody have tried another battery like the user Dar33?
Just to "confirm" if it is a battery problem, because if I send it back to repair, it will be hard to find the problem, as it just appened in some particular conditions...

Thanks a lot

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I was having a similar issue with my first s4. It would freeze and then it would reboot. It was such a weird problem. I know someone else who had the same issue as me and what they did was reflash the firmware and it solved the issue.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Storm_75

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly what happened today to my 10-day old VZW S-4. Put it in my pocket, checked it later and it was dead. Would not restart until I did the battery pull routine... weird.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have had this problem on and off for a while. I realized that if I disabled Google Play Music, it would start shutting down at random times. Since I re-enabled it, no shut downs in a couple weeks. May be a coincidence, but I'll take it.

T

Last edited:

Dave Beers

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 for 4 weeks now & it ran fine for the first 3 weeks then al of a sudden it started chewing up the battery & getting hot then it started shutting down & won't restart until I've pulled the battery. I bought a bigger battery because the standard one was dead by midday with hardly any use, you would take it of the charger & 15 minutes later it would be down to 70%, the bigger battery is over double the capacity (5800mAh 22.1Wh, standard 2600mAh) and if I use it sparingly it will last till I get home from work, but that's not the intent you should be able to use it all day without any problems. My old phone a N8 Nokia would last me nearly 3 days being used all the time before I would need to charge it & I'm peeved that there is not FM radio in it you have to STREAM it if you want radio, that burns up your data usage & you need decent reception to use it. Samsung if your listening, Put a FM radio in it.:(

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my S4 for 4 weeks now & it ran fine for the first 3 weeks then al of a sudden it started chewing up the battery & getting hot then it started shutting down & won't restart until I've pulled the battery. I bought a bigger battery because the standard one was dead by midday with hardly any use, you would take it of the charger & 15 minutes later it would be down to 70%, the bigger battery is over double the capacity (5800mAh 22.1Wh, standard 2600mAh) and if I use it sparingly it will last till I get home from work, but that's not the intent you should be able to use it all day without any problems. My old phone a N8 Nokia would last me nearly 3 days being used all the time before I would need to charge it & I'm peeved that there is not FM radio in it you have to STREAM it if you want radio, that burns up your data usage & you need decent reception to use it. Samsung if your listening, Put a FM radio in it.:(

The international version has the FM radio in it. The US version does not.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2