I have a 32 GB sd card and on my Galaxy S4 it keeps saying that it only has a total space of 9 gigs and only 6 gigs being free. Does that mean something's wrong with my SD card then? Or is it the phone?

P.S. this is under My Device" app storage listing. When I go through the actual phone settings it displays the right amount of space yet when I download my movies from Flixster it says only 6 gigs available as well.
    05-12-2013 11:16 AM
    If you are seeing that with the flixter app it is because the app can't save to your sd card.
    05-12-2013 11:24 AM
    I have a 32 GB sd card and on my Galaxy S4 it keeps saying that it only has a total space of 9 gigs and only 6 gigs being free. Does that mean something's wrong with my SD card then? Or is it the phone?

P.S. this is under My Device" app storage listing. When I go through the actual phone settings it displays the right amount of space yet when I download my movies from Flixster it says only 6 gigs available as well.
    If you can, plug your phone into a computer and see how much space the card has listed on it. I'm not saying its the cases, but sometimes people get SD cards that are falsely advertised and a scam. Again, may not be the case here but see what the computer says you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 11:50 AM
    I used to be able to save movies to my SD card though when I used my old Mytouch 4G Slide before upgrading to the S4. Did something recently change to prevent that? It also didn't even say I have the movies downloaded anymore (I had about 5) which can't be right.

says I have almost 12 gigs free.
    05-12-2013 12:05 PM
    I used to be able to save movies to my SD card though when I used my old Mytouch 4G Slide before upgrading to the S4. Did something recently change to prevent that? It also didn't even say I have the movies downloaded anymore (I had about 5) which can't be right.

says I have almost 12 gigs free.
    What version of android was your mytouch running? ICS and above moved away from using SD storage (for example, moving apps to SD is no longer an option). Some apps however, if they support it, can have certain data put onto an SD card but it's up to that specific app to support it.
    05-12-2013 12:18 PM
    My old Mytouch was using 2.3 (I think Gingerbread). So they actually removed saving to the ad storage? I might have to switch to the 32 gig version of this now.
    05-12-2013 01:05 PM
    Android 4 and up changed the App2SD support, making the phone's internal memory the default storage path. App devs, however, have full freedom to use SD card to save files and downloads, just not the main app data. Problem is, if the dev is lazy enough, they won't allow you to select where you want any extra data to be saved and always default to internal memory (for instance, Spotify only let you download offline info to internal memory; now, it detects if you have a bigger SD card and defaults to that).
    05-12-2013 01:48 PM