10-17-2013 11:28 AM
46 12
tools
    I have problem with bluetooth media output connection with bluetooth in my car. When I do a new pairing both call audio and media audio get connected.
    When my bluetooth on the phone is already on and then I turn on my car, only call audio get connected. I have to manually check the media audio selection to connect media audio. If I turn off and on the bluetooth on the phone then both call audio and media audio gets connected. This is very annoying. My previous phones including iphone 5 & HTC had no issue, there was no separate selection on call and media audio. Whenever I turn on the car, the bluetooth call & media audio connects seemlessly. But not on Galaxy s4 & this is very annoying. Does anyone has this issue? Is there a fix?
    05-12-2013 11:52 AM
    same problem here,

my previous phones were a samsung galaxy s2 i9100, also successful with ipods 3rd and 4th, and iphones 3s, 4, and 4s, a bunch of other androids, such as an LG, and several mid-range samsungs....
    this is the 1st time i have to manually check the media audio each and every time i get into my car, with my brand new samsung galaxy s4 sgh-i337m....

anyone got a fix for this? is it a setting? or a bug?
    05-13-2013 09:50 PM
    Can it be the car's Handsfree System?

My brother has the 2010 Acura TSX Base and both my S4 & One has no problems. Bluetooth is left on.

I had issue before where it just wouldn't connect on my 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE and I just delete it from the Handsfree and repair it.

Good luck.
    Rick Bray likes this.
    05-13-2013 09:58 PM
    you sir, just made my day!

thank you very much bembol... just unpaired it from the handset, and my handsfree cannot delete a specific one, so I did a reset, and after pairing it back, it just connected like a charm! no more need to manually connect for media audio XD

i don't know how come i couldn't think of this before! hahahahahaha

thank you very much :')
    05-14-2013 08:26 AM
    Can it be the car's Handsfree System?

My brother has the 2010 Acura TSX Base and both my S4 & One has no problems. Bluetooth is left on.

I had issue before where it just wouldn't connect on my 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE and I just delete it from the Handsfree and repair it.

Good luck.
    2012 Civic Si here and no issues here. Guess Samsung and Acura/Honda play well together.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2013 08:44 AM
    2012 Buick Regal (yeah I know, a Buick): My S4 and the wife's S3 both connect quickly at the same time.
    05-14-2013 08:48 AM
    and my handsfree cannot delete a specific one, so I did a reset, and after pairing it back,

Having the exact same problem with an aftermarket Sony Bluetooth Deck. So annoying! What did you reset, your phone or your car audio? Did you do a HARD reset where you wiped out all the information on your phone or a reboot? Thanks!
    05-14-2013 04:10 PM
    Having the exact same problem with an aftermarket Sony Bluetooth Deck. So annoying! What did you reset, your phone or your car audio? Did you do a HARD reset where you wiped out all the information on your phone or a reboot? Thanks!
    personally, i just unpaired the phone, and reset the car audio, which is aftermarket too... there was no need to reset the phone, nor to reboot it, just reset the car audio, that in my case, had to be off to perform the reset... hehehe

hope this helps you too... all the credits go to bembol, who was the one that helped me out
    05-14-2013 04:37 PM
    Well, just updating.... my problem isn't solved.....

At the morning I reset the audio deck, unpaired the phone, and when turning everything back on and pairing the phone, it worked....
    Now I got out of work, and it turned out that once again I had to manually connect for media audio... once at home, tried again several times to reset the deck, unpair the phone, I even unpaired every device from the phone, everything without success.... it just connected right immediately after the process, but once I turn everything off and then back on, the problem is back ):

Don't know what else to try
    05-14-2013 06:02 PM
    Having a problem connecting my galaxys4 to my car multimedia says connected to when I go to answer just no sound any ideas what I do to fix problem
    evrude79 likes this.
    05-16-2013 02:12 AM
    Your decks probably need a Bluetooth update, so check your manufacturers website to see if there is one. I had the S3 and bought a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS. The S3 connected but I had same problem as you guys. Went to pioneers website which had an update to the Bluetooth so I installed it. All phones I have now connect flawlessly.
    05-16-2013 02:57 AM
    Yeah.it's a problem with the S4. It will automatically connect to car audio as phone only and not media. I have to manually select media under bluetooth setting. My nexus4 connected both without issue...
    05-16-2013 01:25 PM
    Same problem here on Sony deck. Haven't have any problems before on GNex, N4, and HTC devices
    05-16-2013 03:08 PM
    Yeah.it's a problem with the S4. It will automatically connect to car audio as phone only and not media. I have to manually select media under bluetooth setting...
    I had the exact same issue. I found a workaround:
    • Install "Bluetooth Auto Connect" (there are two in the play store, I used the one by Jakub Klos).
    • Check both profiles in the app (Media Audio & Call Audio)
    • Select "Screen On" as one of the events (I leave bluetooth on most of the time for my phone, so this was the best trigger event)

That's it, now it works as I would have expected.
    TrtlePwr, allyn274 and jpayne#AC like this.
    05-18-2013 12:24 PM
    I was having the same issue...the thing is when I manually select media it'll stay checked for only a few seconds before it unchecks itself again...
    06-03-2013 10:27 AM
    Same issues with BT but I've determined it's because of the 4.2.2 software/firmware. For me 4.1.2 on my old S3 worked flawlessly. Now with S4, 4.2.2. is totally hit and miss (more miss) using BT now. Sucks, hoping they update things to fix it.
    evrude79 likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:33 AM
    Having the same problem. Never had this happen before with previous cars or phones. Since I got the S4 it connects the phone to the MS Sync but not media. It tells me no Bluetooth connected (even though it shows the phone connected and the phone works), I will search for one and then it connects. Very annoying. This is on a 2012 Lincoln. I'll try out the app suggested above and see if that helps.
    06-03-2013 10:34 AM
    Just wanted to chime in that my S4 running 4.2.2 does not play well with my car bluetooth's connection (2012 Prius). Incoming calls are not being displayed on the car's screen. It just shows as "Unknown" and won't even show a phone number on the screen so I have no idea who is calling. My car pairs and works fine with my old Droid X, my co-workers Droid Razor (4.1.2), and my wife's iphone 5 so I know its either an S4 or a 4.2.2 issue. Looks like I will be taking the phone back to the Verizon store tomorrow.
    06-03-2013 11:50 AM
    Same issue but I get media and no phone. Have to manually tell my Honda to pair for phone connectivity. It's annoying for sure.
    06-03-2013 11:51 AM
    Oh man, I've been searching everywhere to find the answer to this problem. Same thing, phone audio connects, media does not. Incredibly annoying. Must be some way to tell the s4 to connect them both automatically...but nothing is ever that easy I guess.
    06-06-2013 08:26 PM
    I had the exact same issue. I found a workaround:
    • Install "Bluetooth Auto Connect" (there are two in the play store, I used the one by Jakub Klos).
    • Check both profiles in the app (Media Audio & Call Audio)
    • Select "Screen On" as one of the events (I leave bluetooth on most of the time for my phone, so this was the best trigger event)

That's it, now it works as I would have expected.
    Ryantollefson, you sir, are the man. You're the only person on the internet that was able to solve my insufferable first-world problem. Now hopefully they'll fix the bug.

Cheers, and thanks!
    Mary McKinney likes this.
    06-06-2013 08:55 PM
    Initially, I had zero problems with Bluetooth connectivity with my 2013 Elantra. The past two days though, it will intermittently only connect media audio and no phone calls. I have to go into the settings menu, choose the specific settings sub-menu for my connection to the car and check the box for phone calls.

Very frustrating and strange all at the same time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-06-2013 09:10 PM
    Same issue with my new S4-2013 Altima. The S3 automatically connected media and call audio no problem. The S4 only connects call audio which has interference now and the media audio wont stay checked. Verizon says its probably the car-needs an update from Nissan.
    06-07-2013 05:50 AM
    I used the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app mentioned above and now both connect just fine with my brand new S4 on AT&T. However, I must have missed something. With my previous iPhone4, anytime I used the phone features/functions via BT, the OEM headunit in my 2011 Toyota Tundra would mute any audio sources currently playing (AM/FM Radio, XM, or CD) and the only audio though the vehicle's speakers was the BT phone audio. Since pairing the S4 with the headunit it "mixes" them - does NOT mute the music audio in favor of the BT phone audio. If I want to hear only the BT phone audio I need to switch my head unit's audio source to BT Audio - a major pain to make or receive calls. Am I missing something here? I would expect it to operate similarly to the way it did with the iPhone4.
    06-12-2013 11:53 AM
    Just wanted to post my experience. I've had a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 with tech since May 2011. I had a Droid Razr Maxx (VZW) at that point without any bluetooth issues (even on ICS). Then I went to a Galaxy SIII (VZW) without any bluetooth issues either. I recently changed jobs so I also have a company 2012 Ford Fusion with Sync. I'm having issues in both cars. Either it doesn't connect when you get in the car, or when you get a phone call the bluetooth on the phone freaks out (when you hang up) and I'll watch the bluetooth indicator on the phone disappear and reappear/connect back to the car. Happens in both cars the same way. I'm guessing the bluetooth stack/driver in 4.2.2 is having issues.

I'm hopeful Samsung/VZW will release a patch/fix soon. Otherwise I'm going to have to go with a different rom, I actually have grown to like TouchWiz so I would rather just stay OEM rom if I could. Either way, wanted to let folks know that they're not the only ones. It's a shame too because the S3 was awesome minus battery usage. It's a shame when you buy a new phone as an 'upgrade' parts don't work the way you expect them too from previous experience.
    06-13-2013 11:25 AM
46 12