I was thinking about getting an extra battery for my S4 however im worried if I keep swapping the batteries out it will break the contacts and the back cover?

So my question is can an extra battery break s4?
    05-12-2013 01:25 PM
    I was thinking about getting an extra battery for my S4 however im worried if I keep swapping the batteries out it will break the contacts and the back cover?

I can't say I've ever heard of contacts breaking because of swapping batteries. Just be careful - I don't swap the batteries but I do have a "juice pack" that I can use if I need to recharge during the day. I picked mine up on Amazon and got a great deal on one.
    05-12-2013 01:28 PM
    I have been doing it for years and never had an issue. I am a heavy user and swap mine out once a day. Not sure about the S4 since I do not have it so your mileage may vary. didnt have an issue with the S3, charge, fascinate, tbolt, or rezound
    20blks and txtoast like this.
    05-12-2013 01:29 PM
    Why not just buy a bigger battery?
    05-12-2013 01:31 PM
    I've been swapping batteries on my S3 for over a year now and absolutely no issue with contacts or cover. Also, being tethered to a battery pack in not something I want to do. I can put in a new battery and restart my phone in less than a minute.
    05-12-2013 02:12 PM
    I have been doing it for years and never had an issue. I am a heavy user and swap mine out once a day. Not sure about the S4 since I do not have it so your mileage may vary. didnt have an issue with the S3, charge, fascinate, tbolt, or rezound
    I've been swapping batteries on my S3 for over a year now and absolutely no issue with contacts or cover. Also, being tethered to a battery pack in not something I want to do. I can put in a new battery and restart my phone in less than a minute.
    how do you charge the extra batteries, can you link me to your setups please?
    05-12-2013 02:55 PM
    It shouldn't but its always good to make sure you get batteries from trusted brands and not some off brand Chinese place or a battery made in Antarctica
    crester likes this.
    05-12-2013 03:16 PM
    how do you charge the extra batteries, can you link me to your setups please?
    On a famous mail order site (not sure if I'm allowed to say the name but there is a river with the same name) you can purchase two GS 4 batteries and a charger for $20. I charge the two extra batteries and carry them with me on long trips. I've went a long time between using the spare batteries and they have never lost their charge (this was with the Galaxy S3 over the last year). I just ordered the charger and two batteries for my S4 but I expect the same results. Do Google search for Galaxy S4 battery charger and you will get more than enough info.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-12-2013 03:41 PM

I just looked at the battery on my S4. The battery will only go in in a straight line. It's impossible to put it in at an angle so breaking off a contact by twisting the battery left or right won't happen. Also, the battery has to be removed form the bottom and lifts out away from the contacts. So sliding the battery contacts over the phone contacts in a vertical direction isn't possible (maybe possible but not if you remove the battery correctly).
    05-12-2013 03:47 PM
    I can't say I've ever heard of contacts breaking because of swapping batteries. Just be careful - I don't swap the batteries but I do have a "juice pack" that I can use if I need to recharge during the day. I picked mine up on Amazon and got a great deal on one.
    Could you pm me the link to the 'juice pack' that you ordered for you s4. Would be much appreciated!
    05-12-2013 04:55 PM
    I doubt Samsung would sell spare battery chargers if it would hurt the phone in the long run. Unless that is their plan all along...
    05-12-2013 06:21 PM
    I have an order for the official spare battery kit from Samsung waiting to get fulfilled. I'd strongly recommend getting an official Samsung battery.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 07:37 PM