tools
    Check this comparison.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...iew-913p10.php

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    05-12-2013 10:08 PM
    Subscribed.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-12-2013 10:49 PM
    I always like how GSM arena has extended reviews that goes into detail. They know what they're talking about.

Look at the low light camera comparison.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-12-2013 11:05 PM
    Love that I have both! LOL

Got my popcorn.
    Patrick Schroedl and aggie like this.
    05-12-2013 11:09 PM
    I'm not usually one to place high value on phone reviews done by people I'm not familiar with (I feel I'm able to read and accurately interpret the AC reviews), but that GSM Arena comparison is very well done. It's not every phone review in which you see photographic testing/quality control charts being used.
    05-12-2013 11:22 PM
    I'm not usually one to place high value on phone reviews done by people I'm not familiar with (I feel I'm able to read and accurately interpret the AC reviews), but that GSM Arena comparison is very well done. It's not every phone review in which you see photographic testing/quality control charts being used.
    Yeah I put a higher value on GSM Arena and Anandtech reviews! They do go into all the nitty gritty details and really man-handle the phone before rushing to give a quick review!
    Alas, Anandtech only released part 1 of their review. Hopefully they can finish it soon, even though I already have a GS4.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-13-2013 12:26 AM
    Just gonna say here, at this point the only differences between those awesome phones is software. Both excel at this, as I personally see my self using BlinkFeed more then perhaps say the gestures that my S4 has. With these super phones it's either feature packed or few features fully refined.
    05-13-2013 02:03 AM
    Just gonna say here, at this point the only differences between those awesome phones is software. Both excel at this, as I personally see my self using BlinkFeed more then perhaps say the gestures that my S4 has. With these super phones it's either feature packed or few features fully refined.
    I'd disagree. I think the software for some people is the biggest selling point one way or another, but by your logic the two would be essentially the same if running AOSP software.

Your statement about lots of good features or a smaller number of polished, higher-quality features I think is very true. I feel the same way about Samsung's gestures and similar features when compared to BlinkFeed and the media-centric Zoe/Highlights.
    05-13-2013 02:18 AM
    I want to throw a phone in the mix here, the HTC DNA which is every bit as good as, if not better than the HTC ONE IMHO.

What I like most about the DNA vs the ONE :

5" 1080p display
    Full glass face
    Wireless Charging
    Polycarbonate curved back, this phone is very comfortable in the hand, and like the Sammy fans say, plastic is much more durable (I dropped my phone from about 4 feet onto a tile floor and not even a scratch).

Where the ONE is better than the DNA :

Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHZ vs Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHZ
    Camera (4 ultra pixel vs 8 mp)
    IR Blaster
    Sense 5 (supposed to come to the DNA later this year)
    ZOE
    More internal memory options

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App
    05-13-2013 03:01 AM
    I'd disagree. I think the software for some people is the biggest selling point one way or another, but by your logic the two would be essentially the same if running AOSP software.

Your statement about lots of good features or a smaller number of polished, higher-quality features I think is very true. I feel the same way about Samsung's gestures and similar features when compared to BlinkFeed and the media-centric Zoe/Highlights.
    True, the One has a better build(Ive had the pleasure of using it, courtesy of my mum) and the IPS display is much better as an all rounder.
    05-13-2013 03:08 AM
    They said the one display is not easy to use in direct sunlight,i have to disagree,i have a droid DNA and work outside all day and find the screen just fine.i would think the one screen is a bit better then the DNA.
    05-13-2013 03:30 AM
    They said the one display is not easy to use in direct sunlight,i have to disagree,i have a droid DNA and work outside all day and find the screen just fine.i would think the one screen is a bit better then the DNA.
    The DNA does great in sunlight, so there should be no problem using the ONE outdoors.

05-13-2013 03:39 AM
    The DNA does great in sunlight, so there should be no problem using the ONE outdoors.

IPS simply does better then AMOLED. This is not a slam on Samsung.
    05-13-2013 03:45 AM
    Love that I have both! LOL

Got my popcorn.
    Same here. it is impossible to choose between the two. Using gs4 as main but I think the One makes for a great weekend/travel/entertainment device with zoe, highlights, and the awesome speakers. GS4, One, and N4 should hold me over for a while.

Posted via Android Central App
    bembol likes this.
    05-13-2013 09:45 AM
    I take my S4 to work and the One when I go out.
    05-13-2013 09:58 AM
    Why can't I be cool enough to have two phones? =/ Just can't justify the extra $30 green a month for two years for a phone that just looks great. I don't think I'd ever even use the One. I'd just have it out when I'm trying to look like a baller in front of the females. (shhh, don't tell my chick)

Or bust out both phones when I'm trying to look savy to the nerdy chicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    05-13-2013 10:23 AM
    They also updated their battery tests. Sgs4 gets 4 hours more than HTC on talk time... Wow.
    The Hustleman likes this.
    05-13-2013 11:30 AM
    Can't say I agree with everything they stated, but kudos to them for going over everything like that.
    05-13-2013 11:33 AM
    Why can't I be cool enough to have two phones? =/ Just can't justify the extra $30 green a month for two years for a phone that just looks great. I don't think I'd ever even use the One. I'd just have it out when I'm trying to look like a baller in front of the females. (shhh, don't tell my chick)

Or bust out both phones when I'm trying to look savy to the nerdy chicks.

I don't have any extra lines. Just an addiction and fortunate enough to be able to feed that addiction. I know that sounds rather douchetastic but it certainly isn't meant to. Some people spend their money on trucks, golf, whatever as hobbies. Me, I like cell phones. As long as I buy my wife the occasional purse or whatever it usually doesn't cause any issues.
    05-13-2013 01:04 PM
    I don't have any extra lines. Just an addiction and fortunate enough to be able to feed that addiction. I know that sounds rather douchetastic but it certainly isn't meant to. Some people spend their money on trucks, golf, whatever as hobbies. Me, I like cell phones. As long as I buy my wife the occasional purse or whatever it usually doesn't cause any issues.
    Well you are lucky being 15 and addicted to tech isn't easy!

05-13-2013 02:33 PM
    Well you are lucky being 15 and addicted to tech isn't easy!

when you are 15 there are much more important things to be addicted to. Then again, way back when I was 15 there wasn't much in the world of mobile tech to be real excited about.
    05-13-2013 02:38 PM
    I have just as much of an addiction to my phone as the next nerd, and plenty of funds to supply my habit, but just can't justify spending money on something that I wouldn't use properly. Whether it be $1 or $1000, I don't think I'd put that second phone to good use.

Trust me, I'm trying to find a reason. I'd love to have two different personal phones for ****s and giggles.

05-13-2013 02:50 PM
    I have just as much of an addiction to my phone as the next nerd, and plenty of funds to supply my habit, but just can't justify spending money on something that I wouldn't use properly. Whether it be $1 or $1000, I don't think I'd put that second phone to good use.

Trust me, I'm trying to find a reason. I'd love to have two different personal phones for ****s and giggles.

continued education, perhaps?

I gave up my country club membership when we had our first kid as I rarely have time to golf anymore. I guess it was replaced with a different hobby that wasn't quite as taxing on my time.
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-13-2013 02:55 PM
    I remember this comparison from a while back. I always knew that GSMArena was a reliable source of information. They did an excellent job with the camera review too. They even exposed the fact that the HTC One takes worst pictures than the HTC One in low light settings (See below...and no that isn't a typo..the merged shots were taken with the HTC One):
    Attached Thumbnails GS4 vs the One - GSM Arena-htconesuck3..jpg   GS4 vs the One - GSM Arena-htconesuck2..jpg  
    05-13-2013 03:11 PM

If you're looking for a reason to carry a second phone, consider changing your choice of that second phone. I would have zero use for the One along side my S4, but I do have use for my Nexus 4. In the next week or so, I'll have the latest version of Android to play with. So regardless of what phone gets released that year, I'll always have the latest Nexus to play around with the changes that Android gets.
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-13-2013 03:18 PM
33 12