How to put the volume of all notifications at the same level?

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I could use some help here... as I'm having issues getting the volume of all my notifications on the same level...

In Settings/My Device/Sound, I have set the notification to Bubbles (as it sounds the most neutral to me).
I have set the notification volume at about 45%, compared to the other 3 sound variables - Music, video, games, media/Ringtone/System - all set to about 15%.
Th reason I do this, is because I'd like my notifications to be louder as the rest.

- The issue I'm having now;
My facebook is set to 'charming bell', and my WhatsApp is set to 'bubbles'...
But for some reason my facebook notifications sound much softer than my WhatsApp notification.

Does anyone else have this issue as well; (that the default notification seems to sound louder than the app-specific sounds) or is it just me?
And what to do about it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to have this issue but backwards (Facebook sounding MUCH louder than Whatsapp). But I had all my volumes set to the same level. I THINK it may be that Facebook handles the notification as "Media" while Whatsapp handles it as "System Notification"; that might be why you're seeing two different sound levels, because you did set them up that way. Try turning your media volume level to the same as System and see if that makes Facebook louder.

Heddy87

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Have the same problem with WhatsApp. Xperia Z2 on 4.4.4 KitKat.. All sounds volume set at max but still whatsapp is like on 60% loudness and won't go further. When selecting the notification and led color the sound is as loud as set in xperia settings, but after accepting and restarting app the notification is still barely hearable. Might it be just the app bug?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol