Galay S4 Ringtone Volume

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android, coming from an iPhone 5. I love the phone but I am having an issue with the ringtone. When the phone rings it starts off low then gets loud. I want it full volume from the get go. I cannot find a setting for this. Can someone tell me if this can be turned off?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird, mine doesn't do that... Maybe it's your ringtone? Also, there's a setting in Call Settings to increase the volume of the ringer when the phone is in your pocket. Might wanna try that one.

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Apparently there is no setting in the phone to turn this off. Some may be okay with it but to me it is annoying. There is an app in Google Play called "Disable Increasing Ring". Just download it and viola, no more problem.

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and installed the Disable Increasing Ring app and it didn't solve the problem for me. :-( I REALLY want this to be fixed!

Update: On a whim, I reinstalled the app. Not sure what I thought was going to happen, but it ended up fixing the problem!! It works! Loving this!

Last edited:

dburch48

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I am having the opposite problem...Notifications are so loud even with the volume turned down as far as I can without going to vibrate. I notice this the most with the espn scorecenter app. It is obnoxiously loud. I have had the phone from Verizon for a week and have had to have it on vibrate or silent for most of that time.

Any help would be great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX