05-13-2013 10:50 PM
30 12
tools
    05-13-2013 03:38 PM
    Right now the only thing that can save HTC is the HTC One. It's by no means flopping, but what the company has riding on that phone just means that it needs more than stellar sales to save them. THAT I'm not sure it will be able to accomplish.
    05-13-2013 03:56 PM
    I'm not sure who was the genius at either company that thought Facebook was going to convince buyers to buy a lackluster phone.
    05-13-2013 04:03 PM
    So what? This isn't their flagship phone.. So.. Yeah. Lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-13-2013 04:05 PM
    So what? This isn't their flagship phone.. So.. Yeah. Lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    No one said it was their flagship phone. But when a company is struggling financially like HTC the demise of any new phone is going to bad news for the bottom line. This isn't going to hurt Facebook however.
    05-13-2013 04:08 PM
    No one said it was their flagship phone. But when a company is struggling financially like HTC the demise of any new phone is going to bad news for the bottom line. This isn't going to hurt Facebook however.
    Without knowing the financial arrangements between the two companies we have no way of knowing that for sure.
    05-13-2013 04:12 PM
    I badly want HTC to be successful
    05-13-2013 04:17 PM
    facebook may have been the ones to invest all the money in this, not HTC. so it may not be that bad of a hit for them.
    05-13-2013 04:28 PM
    HTC has far more important things to worry about. Like how to stop releasing such subpar commercials when their future could be riding on it.
    XavierMatt likes this.
    05-13-2013 04:47 PM
    HTC has far more important things to worry about. Like how to stop releasing such subpar commercials when their future could be riding on it.
    Thank you for saying that, it is my LARGEST complaint with them. Their marketing needs to show off many features, not just 1 each time. I like that they are advertising in spots though, I'm seeing more "brought to you by the all new, all metal, HTC One."
    But I guess I can see them slowly getting better: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...-thoughts.html
    Also, of course FB Home would be a flop. But it gets people looking at brands like HTC regardless, and that can be just as much positive as it is negative.
    tiggrev likes this.
    05-13-2013 04:54 PM
    No, there ads are good. I would rather they properly show one feature at a time in a short ad vs Samsung's long ads.
    05-13-2013 06:00 PM
    I dont think "lackluster" is a factor in this situation, most customers know little about specs. It is simply a hard sell. Most phones are finding great difficultly amidst the Galaxy devices and iPhones, thats a fact. But then you come with an HTC (which hasnt been exactly the most popular) witha very intrusive Facebook skin (while people like Facebook, it doesnt seem to be as loved as it once was, and many prefer to simply open their app and see whats up and continue using their phone other phone related activities. This Facebook phone was all about living in Facebook. I and many thought it was a bit much.
    05-13-2013 06:16 PM
    I think the question we should all be asking is: What the hell is this thread doing in the S4 section?
    05-13-2013 06:29 PM
    1. Why is this posted in the Samsung S4 section? This will upset some people.
    2. I personally think HTC First and Facebook home are stupid ideas. Who would want to buy a phone just because of it is optimised for Facebook users? HTC has made the wrong move.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-13-2013 06:59 PM

Agreed.

Via Android Central App (HTC ONE)
    05-13-2013 07:05 PM
    No, there ads are good. I would rather they properly show one feature at a time in a short ad vs Samsung's long ads.
    Their first commercial is how the speakers should be on the front. Nice. Their marketing to the audiophiles has done so well in the past. BoomSound -is- good, but hardly something to hinge your purchase of a phone on. They show a guy at a bar playing a video on his phone for his friends. Out of all scenarios in which you'd use the speakers, that's one of the least likely. They throw in "the all metal HTC One" like that's going to hook the viewer. Are they supposed to be impressed by that? Do they even know why that matters?

Their second commercial about BlinkFeed is just as awful. So if you have BlinkFeed, all your content is all right there for you? Because Android doesn't have widgets to have said content also visible? Instead I need to "dig" for it? No, I don't. I understand they may be referencing the iPhone in that as well, but come on. BlinkFeed is actually pretty cool, but it's yet another feature that isn't going to sell this device. In fact, there's a large portion of people that have already bought the phone that don't even like it/use it.

Vine is one of the most popular social apps out right now. Zoe can be used a lot like Vine. It can also be awesome without comparing it to Vine. It can also bring back prospective buyers who dismissed the One because of the "4MP" on the spec sheet. Same with Highlights.

On their web page, they used to (and still might) have this video of these shots of just the design, showing off the edges, the curved back, etc. That should be on TV. Use those shots, emphasize the quality, and use acted out examples of just how sexy it is.

The One isn't a bad device. It can sell well, but the marketing strategy so far has been horrendous. Hopefully they turn it around.
    05-13-2013 07:08 PM
    I new it wasn't going to be a succes, but these numbers are just horible. I still think Facebook should have gone with Google model, selling it on their webpage contract free, unlocked for $299.
    05-13-2013 07:14 PM
    I think the question we should all be asking is: What the hell is this thread doing in the S4 section?
    B/c if he posted it in the One forums he'd be flamed into oblivion.
    tohio likes this.
    05-13-2013 07:52 PM
    B/c if he posted it in the One forums he'd be flamed into oblivion.
    It doesn't belong in the One forum either. Still doesn't answer my question on why it would be in any Samsung forum other than to try and gloat or some other bs. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-first/
    05-13-2013 07:57 PM
    Be careful what you read and believe on the Internet. Once again, AC didn't run it for a reason. :-) See the update.

http://www.geek.com/android/htc-firs...-fail-1554965/

TheLibertarian and Aquila like this.
    05-13-2013 08:01 PM
    It doesn't belong in the One forum either. Still doesn't answer my question on why it would be in any Samsung forum other than to try and gloat or some other bs. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-first/
    Unless you've been away recently you should know that there is a tremendous amount of discussion in this Forum about the HTC One and the HTC company's financial situation. Why don't you peruse this Forum and make the same comment about every post critical of the S4 by a HTC owner in the S4 Forum. My original post was not critical of the phone or the company. If I wanted to stir up trouble I would have posted it a HTC Forum. You'd better look up the word gloat. The ideas and synonyms associated with the word gloat do not appear in my post.
    05-13-2013 08:24 PM
    Unless you've been away recently you should know that there is a tremendous amount of discussion in this Forum about the HTC One and the HTC company's financial situation. Why don't you peruse this Forum and make the same comment about every post critical of the S4 by a HTC owner in the S4 Forum. My original post was not critical of the phone or the company. If I wanted to stir up trouble I would have posted it a HTC Forum. You'd better look up the word gloat. The ideas and synonyms associated with the word gloat do not appear in my post.
    I'm sorry, I didn't notice you mentioned anything about the S4 anywhere in your original post. Oh wait a second, you didn't. This post was made purely to stir up a flame war instead of talking about the HTC First, otherwise you would have posted it in the appropriate section. At least in the other critical posts they speak of both devices or some comparison.
    05-13-2013 08:30 PM
    I'm sorry, I didn't notice you mentioned anything about the S4 anywhere in your original post. Oh wait a second, you didn't. This post was made purely to stir up a flame war instead of talking about the HTC First, otherwise you would have posted it in the appropriate section.
    Accusing people of negative intentions when you have no factual evidence to do so is dubious at best. Accusing someone of trying to start a flame war is contrary to Kevin O'Quinn's ideas expressed in his Going Forward post.
    05-13-2013 08:39 PM
    Since this story is false is there any reason to keep this thread open?

Aquila likes this.
    05-13-2013 08:57 PM
    Since this story is false is there any reason to keep this thread open?

No reason to keep it open. People can still read the OP . I didn't expect there would be this much comment on it. But why do you say it's false? The update is based on un-named sources and may be false itself.
    05-13-2013 09:02 PM
30 12