Updated Facebook app, now notification alerts won't turn off.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have them set to off in the app, but after updating I get an audible alert with every message. Is there a new setting I'm missing?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Often time the clearing of settings in the applications area of the device settings gives an application new life.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Often time the clearing of settings in the applications area of the device settings gives an application new life.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

Figured it out. Go to Facebook in the application manager and uncheck "show notifications" which is checked by default. Facebook bastards.

Janjira Johnson

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Aloha,

I keep getting message from FB for all of any post on my FB....how I turn it off???? I did set it as no notification and it work before now it not. Any one know can you please help. Either that I have to uninstall this FB thing.

Mahalo,
Janjira

Niea

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I used to get messages from facebook too, even though I had notifications completely turned off. I noticed that all but one check box below the master off check box was still checked, but it was greyed out. So I turned the master back on and I unchecked the one green check mark, so now they were all turned off, and then turned off the master check mark. Now I don't get anything. It was some sort of bug. Just make sure that every check mark is unchecked before turning the master off and it should keep you from getting any messages. I noticed it was on when I tried to shut down the facebook background processes when it kept turning the program back on two seconds later. I unchecked every box and now it stays off.