Galaxy S4 Calendar notification

Scoobernz

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Newbie here,

Can someone tell me how to set a notification reminder on my S4 calendar for 30 mins before the event happens, so my laptop (once Synced) at work reminds me of the up and coming event?

I use Microsoft 365 as the syncing programme and are finding that although events I add using my S4 syncs with my calendar on my laptop, I don't get any notification that the event is about to happen on my laptop.

For example:
- on my laptop I have the calendar set to remind me 30mins before an event that it is happening. When I hover over the event on my laptop I can see 'Notification: 30mins'.
- when I add an event using my S4 I can see the event on my laptop but do not get a reminder of the event - when I hover over the event I see 'Notification: None'

I have tried looking at all sorts of settings but can only seem to be able to manually set a reminder on each entry to my calendar, what I need is to set the default reminder to 30 mins for any new entry.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Scoober

Justin LaCount

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem. I ended up scrapping the default S4 calendar app and downloading Google Calendar from the Play Store. It has its own widget as well and has settings to set a default reminder and a default reminder time. And the interface is cleaner IMHO. Now when I add calendar events it sets my reminder by default.

Brande Ulrich

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
You have to scroll down to 'reminder' when you enter your event. Tap 'reminder' and it will default to 15 min. Tap there and select the reminder you want.

Richard Christian

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Calendar sounds are not flexible. There is no off and on. You have to select the "silent" sound which is none. Better interfaces allow you to select a sound then turn it on when you need it..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman