06-26-2013 11:53 AM
45 12
tools
    Guess the balance of how well it handles low power situations evens it out. The branding gets people all riled up. If they knew how little of a difference there is between the two versions their wouldn't be threads like this.
    I agree.
    05-15-2013 12:41 AM
    Samsung didn't pay Apple $2 Billion. Who knows when Apple will see a dime from that ruling. And they are not paying 2 billion last I seen. Even if they did that's ridiculous to think that means give a big market something else as punishment". After thinking about which GS4 I would buy I decided to go with my carrier for many reasons. Besides being able to just call and have them ship me a replacement (for issues) instead of mailing mine in first I want LTE data speeds. I'm getting 48Mbps down at times with LTE.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-15-2013 01:11 AM
    In normal usage exynos octa is a bit more battery efficient but sadly exynos octa is not using all 8 cores, the way it is supposed to work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    06-17-2013 11:23 AM
    Even if everything is true, what is the reason for Samsung not releasing the 8 cores to the U.S? All major carrier in the U.S have 4G LTE coverage and some are very fast as well. My conspiracy theory still hold for the time being unless someone can debunk it.
    Ok. Sure thing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    06-17-2013 11:32 AM
    For web browsing, Snapdragon is the winner. For gaming, exynos is the winner. Don't get me wrong, Snapdragon has lower power consumption than the exynos. Plus US/Snapdragon version features 4G LTE, and Qualcomm is really take good care of their users, batteryguru app is the best proof.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-22-2013 08:58 AM
    For web browsing, Snapdragon is the winner. For gaming, exynos is the winner. Don't get me wrong, Snapdragon has lower power consumption than the exynos.

For browsing A15 cores are more powerful than Krait cores easily.
    And for battery you are right when A15 cores are active but once A7s kick in nothing can defeat it for power saving.
    06-22-2013 09:10 AM
    The Octa, besides sounding like a villain from Spiderman 2, runs even hotter at peak and uses battery more than the 600.

Snap FTW!
    06-22-2013 10:16 AM
    The Octa, besides sounding like a villain from Spiderman 2, runs even hotter at peak and uses battery more than the 600.

Snap FTW!
    And gives more peak performance too
    06-22-2013 10:29 AM
    I prefer a little less performance rather than more heat and battery drain, but personal preference.
    06-22-2013 09:10 PM
    I prefer a little less performance rather than more heat and battery drain, but personal preference.
    Yeah I prefer that too, but it's not a problem for exynos users, you just need to uc cpu to 600mhz which would completely disable A15 cores and only A7 cores would be active making it super efficient.
    06-22-2013 11:39 PM
    For browsing A15 cores are more powerful than Krait cores easily.
    And for battery you are right when A15 cores are active but once A7s kick in nothing can defeat it for power saving.
    http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/04/30/ga...s-4-quad-video
    Check this out.
    orion575 likes this.
    06-23-2013 03:29 AM
    My theory is that ever since Apple sue Samsung for 2 billion dollars, that Samsung apparently see it fit that the U.S will get everything last. Even though it not the customer fault, they did lose 2 billions to a U.S company after all, and it only make sense.

Thoughts and opinion are welcome. Love to hear everyone feedback on this subject.
    Dude no offense please, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time. You are alleging that Samsung has a personal vendetta against the entire United States of America (the country in which a good chunk of their profit comes from) because of the Apple lawsuit. This isn't the school yard. The is global business and Samsung does everything they do from a profit driven standpoint...not to "send a message" to Apple via their product offerings to the American People. lol.
    06-23-2013 06:58 AM
    It's probably because lte isn't continentaly deployed yet in europe/Asia. Believe it or not lte chips cost a lot of money. In order to keep the price down and still offer lte samsung has to reduce the processor. Otherwise you would be paying 400$ on contract for your phone. Most areas in asia/Europe don't have lte yet just 3g, thats why they are able to offer the better processor over there.

Samsung has no vendetta against the United States. If anything they did consumers here a favor.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    06-23-2013 10:13 AM
    It's probably because lte isn't continentaly deployed yet in europe/Asia. Believe it or not lte chips cost a lot of money. In order to keep the price down and still offer lte samsung has to reduce the processor. Otherwise you would be paying 400$ on contract for your phone. Most areas in asia/Europe don't have lte yet just 3g, thats why they are able to offer the better processor over there.

Samsung has no vendetta against the United States. If anything they did consumers here a favor.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    I don't necessarily think the Octo-core is necessarily better because the S4 600 preforms really good. Though im not sure anymore as Qualcomm was in this "situation" last year when their biggest competition was Nvidia and their Tegra 3 chip. Qualcomm thought they had the edge over Tegra 3 with the s4 processor but sadly that wasn't the case as quad-cores really took off.. So as for the U.S not getting the Octo-core, it was for LTE purposes as you said, though the majority of consumers would be content with the S4 600 and probably have no idea that there is another version of the phone. Still, would of been cool to see how smoother the Octo-core was compared to the 600 since this is definitely smoother than Tegra 3 and the original s4 cpu.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    06-23-2013 11:12 AM
    http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/04/30/ga...s-4-quad-video
    Check this out.
    They should have specified the firmware, there is a big difference between early firmwares and newer ones for octa.

Nevertheless A15 cores are more powerful (as you can see in those benchmarks) and would provide better Web page rendering.

All in all octa has more potential in its cpu.

Here is a quadrant benchmark of octa when clocked at same frequency as S600(1.9ghz)
    06-24-2013 01:40 AM
    I don't necessarily think the Octo-core is necessarily better because the S4 600 preforms really good. Though im not sure anymore as Qualcomm was in this "situation" last year when their biggest competition was Nvidia and their Tegra 3 chip. Qualcomm thought they had the edge over Tegra 3 with the s4 processor but sadly that wasn't the case as quad-cores really took off.. So as for the U.S not getting the Octo-core, it was for LTE purposes as you said, though the majority of consumers would be content with the S4 600 and probably have no idea that there is another version of the phone. Still, would of been cool to see how smoother the Octo-core was compared to the 600 since this is definitely smoother than Tegra 3 and the original s4 cpu.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    Umm.. S4 dual was better than Tegra 3,I don't know how t3 was better
    06-24-2013 05:15 AM
    They should have specified the firmware, there is a big difference between early firmwares and newer ones for octa.

Nevertheless A15 cores are more powerful (as you can see in those benchmarks) and would provide better Web page rendering.

All in all octa has more potential in its cpu.

Here is a quadrant benchmark of octa when clocked at same frequency as S600(1.9ghz)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/24/a8aqy7a9.jpg
    Antutu, geekbench,3d mark and quadrant are mainly testing the CPU and graphics performance of the device while sunspider is a browser speed test. Snapdragon has the faster browsing speed than exynos is the fact and has better battery endurance as well. Well, my Optimus G is running on a Snapdragon s4 pro(older version of Snapdragon, 1.5GHz ) and it's faster than my uncle's I9500 international version in web browsing test, tested with Chrome and stock browser.

06-24-2013 09:30 AM
    Umm.. S4 dual was better than Tegra 3,I don't know how t3 was better
    I thought it was smoother, but my point being Qualcomm up'd to quad-cores because they took off cause dual cores weren't enough anymore.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    06-24-2013 11:36 PM
    Antutu, geekbench,3d mark and quadrant are mainly testing the CPU and graphics performance of the device while sunspider is a browser speed test. Snapdragon has the faster browsing speed than exynos is the fact and has better battery endurance as well. Well, my Optimus G is running on a Snapdragon s4 pro(older version of Snapdragon, 1.5GHz ) and it's faster than my uncle's I9500 international version in web browsing test, tested with Chrome and stock browser.

And yet GT-I9500 still outperforms everything else in sunspider benchmark.

I have tested GT-I9500 and Htc one.
    In web browsing htc one was faster like you said, but once I switched off the little cores (A7s) S4 performed noticeably better in web browsing(also there was a 10% battery drain in 5 minutes!)
    Also I got 6.5 hours screen on time with A15 cores turned off.
    So I think octa has more potential in its cpu, though I prefer adreno 320 gpu than the one in octa.
    06-26-2013 11:48 AM
    I thought it was smoother, but my point being Qualcomm up'd to quad-cores because they took off cause dual cores weren't enough anymore.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    They up'd to quad core not to compete with t3 but to increase their performance to compete with A15 dual cores at that time.
    No of cores are just a small part in determining performance of a cpu, architecture matters which I must say, dual Krait had the advantage.
    SenseMonkey likes this.
    06-26-2013 11:53 AM
45 12