05-15-2013 12:11 AM
37 12
tools
    The S4 camera is not great when used indoors in lowlight situations. Outdoors during the day its one of the best, if not the best. The tips warpdrive mentioned will help, but it's still not great. Also, the One does snap photos faster in all conditions. That has been brought up in many camera comparisons between the two devices, including AC's I believe.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 04:06 PM
    Why are you trying to start something? I didn't say you were wrong, only that I wouldn't give advice based on my personal opinion. Of course I removed the plastic film from my camera. But the clear film on the camera lens has a hole in it that allows the camera to function with it in place. I consulted the source about removing it and didn't rely on my personal opinion. Not sure how I could have possibly offended you but if I did I'm sorry.
    Not offended by any means. Yes it has a hole but the plastic on the screen is clear too, so why did you remove that and not the piece on the camera.
    05-14-2013 04:34 PM
    It's meant to come off.
    What he said. I took mine off immediately and the photos I've taken are stunning, at least when I keep my hands still.
    05-14-2013 04:35 PM
    As much as I like HTC One, the camera is one the reason i switched the phone to S4. I thought I will give the One a chance. But i didn't at the end. Camera was not good for me. Close up shot was good, everything else was garbage. It was blurry 70% of the time. Camera is no where near S4.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2013 04:39 PM
    Spectacular!
    05-14-2013 04:45 PM
    Not offended by any means. Yes it has a hole but the plastic on the screen is clear too, so why did you remove that and not the piece on the camera.
    "Of course I removed the plastic film from my camera phone."
    05-14-2013 04:56 PM
    The S4 camera is not great when used indoors in lowlight situations. Outdoors during the day its one of the best, if not the best. The tips warpdrive mentioned will help, but it's still not great. Also, the One does snap photos faster in all conditions. That has been brought up in many camera comparisons between the two devices, including AC's I believe.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App
    This comment worries me about the S4. I am trying to choose between the S4 and the One, but am leaning to the S4. My EVO 3d takes awful indoor shots of my kids and they all come out blurry. The S4 seemed to take blurry pictures of my 2 year old every other shot in the sprint store because of a slower shutter speed. The one did not have that issue in the store. Do any of you get good indoor pics of your moving kids indoors? Thanks.

05-14-2013 06:38 PM
    You really need to mess with the settings in order to get the shots you want. Unlike the Iphone, shots on the gs4 and the one are not set up right out of the box. After getting the settings right where I want them, and making sure that I'm using the right mode per conditions, this camera is amazing!

Once again, do not expect to take great shots right out of the box.
    05-14-2013 06:50 PM
    I like this camera a lot. I left my DSLR at home and during a trip to Smokies TN over the weekend. I got some great pics with this cam.
    05-14-2013 08:15 PM
    This comment worries me about the S4. I am trying to choose between the S4 and the One, but am leaning to the S4. My EVO 3d takes awful indoor shots of my kids and they all come out blurry. The S4 seemed to take blurry pictures of my 2 year old every other shot in the sprint store because of a slower shutter speed. The one did not have that issue in the store. Do any of you get good indoor pics of your moving kids indoors? Thanks.

Have you tried sport mode? I found that it helps trying to capture moving objects.
    05-14-2013 10:25 PM
    The One will take better pictures for you out of the box in the situations where most people use their phone cameras. Its faster, has insanely better lowlight performance, and has neat features like Zoe.

The S4 will take higher quality photos when you have spent the time to tweak settings and use the features to the fullest. Yes, it will struggle mightily in low light and is slower, but that's the price you pay for 13 megapixels. In good or moderate lighting, the S4 will take fantastic photos.

Buy the phone with the camera that will serve YOUR purposes best.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2013 11:19 PM
    I have found that both cameras require some tweaking the get the best photos. But this isn't really about deciding between phones. It's about getting the best photos from the s4.
    05-15-2013 12:11 AM
37 12