How would you rate the camera?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera is awesome. Image quality is amazing and the new shooting modes really make it fun to use. The camera interface is also really smooth and easy to navigate. I would say it's the best quality camera I have seen compared to the HTC one and Iphone 5.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a tad subpar with other high end devices, what do you think?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

Did you remove the plastic from the lens? ... a bit tongue and cheek...so far it seems pretty impressive for a phone camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
ive had both phones and i def think the s4 camera is better overall.. it rivals any camera in normal shooting ... low light isnt quite as good as some but not enough for me to worry about

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you have some reliable source for that information? I wrote Samsung to ask about the plastic film but haven't received a response yet. I'll be that since I removed mine it is supposed to stay on :D

It's called common sense. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? All that removable plastic crap is on the phone for shipping protection.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just a terrible "photographer" :( lol

If you want some help or tips just ask. I'm more then willing to help solve any photo problems you might run into.

Here are some tips to help in the future...

1) at night or low light indoor, try night mode.

2) can't seem to freeze action, try sports mode.

3) getting a lot of camera shake, try anti shake in the settings.

Need more help, just ask.

Posted via Android Central App

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Love the pics from my GS4 but I do think the pics from my iphone 5 were better,,, the GS4 has all the features but the ip5 puts out the best images.

Interesting too that the ip5 beat out the GS4 in that blind camera comparison voting thing done by Laptopmag.com ,,,,, the ip5 won way more votes than the GS4 on picture quality.

But in reality,, it's just splitting hairs,,,,, the only way one could tell the ip5 takes better pictures is if you were doing a side by side comparison with every picture taken,,,,, bottom line,,,, both the ip5 and the GS4 take really great pictures.

Cheers
Davyo

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's called common sense. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? All that removable plastic crap is on the phone for shipping protection.

I don't think giving people a definitive answer based on your opinion is helpful. You may be perfectly correct. But the film has a hole it that will allow the camera to function with the film in place. I appreciate your taking the time to respond but I'll wait till I hear from Samsung to pass on advice to others.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
If you want some help or tips just ask. I'm more then willing to help solve any photo problems you might run into.

Here are some tips to help in the future...

1) at night or low light indoor, try night mode.

2) can't seem to freeze action, try sports mode.

3) getting a lot of camera shake, try anti shake in the settings.

Need more help, just ask.

Wow thank u so much!!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, your post actually caused me to see if there was a lens cover. There is but it has a hole in the middle for the actual lens. Here is a discussion about leaving it on or taking it off. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...plastic-covering-galaxy-s4-camera-lens-2.html

lol! Yeah I took a few pics with it on and decided I did not like it even though it was not in the way. I took it off. I have a seidio case, so the case is higher than the lens so no worries about laying it down.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you have some reliable source for that information? I wrote Samsung to ask about the plastic film but haven't received a response yet. I'll be that since I removed mine it is supposed to stay on :D

You actually contacted Samsung about that piece of plastic? I wonder if they will EVER respond to that one......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes