05-15-2013 12:11 AM
37 12
tools
    I think it's a tad subpar with other high end devices, what do you think?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4
    05-14-2013 08:55 AM
    You are in a minority if you think that. People argue about the superiority of the GS 4 or the HTC One cameras, but nowhere have I seen anyone call either camera sub par. Read this Megapixels and Ultrapixels: The Galaxy S4 versus HTC One camera shootout | Android Central
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-14-2013 09:07 AM
    I think the camera is awesome. Image quality is amazing and the new shooting modes really make it fun to use. The camera interface is also really smooth and easy to navigate. I would say it's the best quality camera I have seen compared to the HTC one and Iphone 5.
    tohio and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-14-2013 09:33 AM
    I think it's a tad subpar with other high end devices, what do you think?

Did you remove the plastic from the lens? ... a bit tongue and cheek...so far it seems pretty impressive for a phone camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    05-14-2013 10:21 AM
    ive had both phones and i def think the s4 camera is better overall.. it rivals any camera in normal shooting ... low light isnt quite as good as some but not enough for me to worry about
    Donvald and MikeA86 like this.
    05-14-2013 10:26 AM
    Did you remove the plastic from the lens? ... a bit tongue and cheek...so far it seems pretty impressive for a phone camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Well, your post actually caused me to see if there was a lens cover. There is but it has a hole in the middle for the actual lens. Here is a discussion about leaving it on or taking it off. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ra-lens-2.html
    05-14-2013 10:43 AM
    I have seen the photos from my wife S4, and they look dam good. Has anybody put the S4 on a tripod?
    05-14-2013 10:53 AM
    Well, your post actually caused me to see if there was a lens cover. There is but it has a hole in the middle for the actual lens. Here is a discussion about leaving it on or taking it off. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ra-lens-2.html
    It's meant to come off.
    05-14-2013 11:10 AM
    It's meant to come off.
    Do you have some reliable source for that information? I wrote Samsung to ask about the plastic film but haven't received a response yet. I'll be that since I removed mine it is supposed to stay on
    05-14-2013 11:17 AM
    Do you have some reliable source for that information? I wrote Samsung to ask about the plastic film but haven't received a response yet. I'll be that since I removed mine it is supposed to stay on
    It's called common sense. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? All that removable plastic crap is on the phone for shipping protection.
    satannik likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:36 AM
    Maybe I'm just a terrible "photographer" lol

05-14-2013 12:14 PM

I'd say that it's the best camera on a smartphone not made by Nokia, if that helps.
    maryjane2300 likes this.
    05-14-2013 12:18 PM

If you want some help or tips just ask. I'm more then willing to help solve any photo problems you might run into.

Here are some tips to help in the future...

1) at night or low light indoor, try night mode.

2) can't seem to freeze action, try sports mode.

3) getting a lot of camera shake, try anti shake in the settings.

Need more help, just ask.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2013 12:43 PM
    Love the pics from my GS4 but I do think the pics from my iphone 5 were better,,, the GS4 has all the features but the ip5 puts out the best images.

Interesting too that the ip5 beat out the GS4 in that blind camera comparison voting thing done by Laptopmag.com ,,,,, the ip5 won way more votes than the GS4 on picture quality.

But in reality,, it's just splitting hairs,,,,, the only way one could tell the ip5 takes better pictures is if you were doing a side by side comparison with every picture taken,,,,, bottom line,,,, both the ip5 and the GS4 take really great pictures.

Cheers
    Davyo
    05-14-2013 01:21 PM
    It's called common sense. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? All that removable plastic crap is on the phone for shipping protection.
    I don't think giving people a definitive answer based on your opinion is helpful. You may be perfectly correct. But the film has a hole it that will allow the camera to function with the film in place. I appreciate your taking the time to respond but I'll wait till I hear from Samsung to pass on advice to others.
    05-14-2013 01:29 PM
    If you want some help or tips just ask. I'm more then willing to help solve any photo problems you might run into.

Here are some tips to help in the future...

1) at night or low light indoor, try night mode.

2) can't seem to freeze action, try sports mode.

3) getting a lot of camera shake, try anti shake in the settings.

Need more help, just ask.

Wow thank u so much!!

05-14-2013 01:33 PM
    lol! Yeah I took a few pics with it on and decided I did not like it even though it was not in the way. I took it off. I have a seidio case, so the case is higher than the lens so no worries about laying it down.
    tohio likes this.
    05-14-2013 01:48 PM
    Will be using warpdrive tips
    05-14-2013 01:49 PM
    My only gripe with the camera is the speed. Wish it was as quick as the One.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 02:35 PM
    You actually contacted Samsung about that piece of plastic? I wonder if they will EVER respond to that one......

05-14-2013 02:42 PM
    You actually contacted Samsung about that piece of plastic? I wonder if they will EVER respond to that one......

Funny you should mention that: Just got their reply (Wish they would have been a little more clear, can or should?)

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.
    After reviewing your E-mail we understand that, you want know, if the plastic lens on the Camera of your phone can be removed.
    As per the details we have checked. we would like to inform you that, you can remove the plastic lens on the Camera of your phone.
    Should you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone, you can also reach out to our chat support team by accessing the following link. Live Chat is available 24 hours a day. 7 days a week."
    05-14-2013 02:48 PM
    My only gripe with the camera is the speed. Wish it was as quick as the One.
    I'm not sure what you're saying.

The shutter button is quick enough to shoot "at least" 4 frames per second.
    Now on night mode or some other modes, there could be some prossesing that will take a moment.

But otherwise it is just as quick as the HTC One.

05-14-2013 02:55 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I love the camera. Just seems the one takes the shot quicker.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 02:57 PM
    I don't think giving people a definitive answer based on your opinion is helpful. You may be perfectly correct. But the film has a hole it that will allow the camera to function with the film in place. I appreciate your taking the time to respond but I'll wait till I hear from Samsung to pass on advice to others.
    You didn't answer my question. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? It's clear plastic and you can see through it.
    05-14-2013 03:03 PM
    You didn't answer my question. Did you leave the plastic on the screen, back and sides? It's clear plastic and you can see through it.
    Why are you trying to start something? I didn't say you were wrong, only that I wouldn't give advice based on my personal opinion. Of course I removed the plastic film from my camera. But the clear film on the camera lens has a hole in it that allows the camera to function with it in place. I consulted the source about removing it and didn't rely on my personal opinion. Not sure how I could have possibly offended you but if I did I'm sorry.
    clintw22 likes this.
    05-14-2013 03:27 PM
37 12