If you install a third party launcher like Nova, all air gestures are gone, correct? Because they are a part of Touchwiz?

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2
    05-14-2013 11:35 AM
    Incorrect. Launchers don't remove Touchwiz, they just replace the UI of the homescreens.
    05-14-2013 11:46 AM
    If you install a third party launcher like Nova, all air gestures are gone, correct? Because they are a part of Touchwiz?

NONE of the features are a part of Touchwiz...they are features of the phone itself because of the sensors. Touchwiz is just the UI of the phone
    No matter what Launcher you use, all the features will still be there
    05-14-2013 01:58 PM
    Ummm.... yes and no to the above posters. Yes, TouchWiz is just the UI layover, and yes, features like AirView and SmartStay are part of the system's features, not just the UI.

HOWEVER, some elements are still UI-specific, like some widgets and custom air actions (like moving widgets by moving your phone). Also, features like AirView are not accessible to all apps (currently, only stock Samsung apps and FlipBoard can use them), but installing a third party launcher won't affect how that works, for instance, in the stock browser (but you'll notice that Air gestures won't work at all on Chrome).
    05-14-2013 03:02 PM
    Thanks everyone! I think I have settled on the GS4 vs the One. I have never liked TouchWiz but do like the idea of "wave to answer" and snoozing the alarm by voice as well as a couple of others. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

05-15-2013 09:51 AM
    All those things should still work no matter which launcher you use. If you use a different dialer app, however, the "wave to answer" will be gone. If you use a different alarm app, that won't work either unless the dev has its own voice implementation (again, Samsung's core features are still inaccessible to devs)
    tcm1969 likes this.
    05-15-2013 10:06 AM