Apple...Just wont leave Samsung alone....

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why would they not patent their predictive text technolgy ? Why shouldn't Samsung license it or come up with their own way ? (I believe innovate is the word we're looking for.)

You're saying this as if Apple stole nothing from Android.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Did they ? Or did they license ? Or was it even patented in the first place ? While I am on my second iPad, have had several Nanos, and have been an Apple shareholder several times, I have never owned an iPhone, and my HTC One is my first Android phone (I came over from BB), I did follow the first case closely. What patents did they steal from Android ? (Real questions ) Why hasn't Google sued Apple over patent infringement ?

If you patented something (or bought patent rights) and then I took it and made a lot of money without compensating you, wouldn't you feel violated ? Would you let me get away with it or would you take me to court ?

Aznmrtaxes

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Did they ? Or did they license ? Or was it even patented in the first place ? While I am on my second iPad, have had several Nanos, and have been an Apple shareholder several times, I have never owned an iPhone, and my HTC One is my first Android phone (I came over from BB), I did follow the first case closely. What patents did they steal from Android ? (Real questions ) Why hasn't Google sued Apple over patent infringement ?

If you patented something (or bought patent rights) and then I took it and made a lot of money without compensating you, wouldn't you feel violated ? Would you let me get away with it or would you take me to court ?

Get off your high horse and come down here with the rest of world if you truly think Apple or Steve Jobs didn't commit any patent infringement taking someone else's work and improve on it and using it in their own products. I'm not going to say Google didn't commit any infringement, but Apple is not that innocent and I know for a fact Apple and Steve Jobs has their dirty little secrets. Don't get me wrong I've owned plenty of Apple products and think they do make great products but I'm not that naive.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Quite simply because companies patent anything and everything that they possibly can.

If the rumours are correct that predictive text was removed due to apple then that is just insane. Surely you cannot expect phone to not use predictive text just because "apple did it first". However I have not read if that is the reason for no predictive text in the US

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Along that line as an example, Crest (i think thats the company) just filed for a patent for a tooth brush that would release caffeine when you are brushing your teeth. Seriously, do we really need a caffeine infused toothbrush? Anyway, they were told it would most likely never get approved for market, but there is still a patent for it.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Of course they didn't invent it but they CHANGED the Smart Phone by making it what it is today.

Can you really say we would have the One's and S4's if Apple sticked to Macs? I believe we would still be in QWERTY keyboard, Sliders and 3" SD Screens.

Apple just wants the credit or this case money they deserve.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

Really?....... With all the smart engineers in the world you think we'd still be using dumb phones (or whatever you tried to describe)?
In all honesty this is disrespectful to all the engineers at Moto, Google, MSFT, Nokia, Samsung, Sharp, LG, Sony, HTC, etc.

Sorry, but Apple was simply the FIRST to make the next logical step. After all, today's phones are nothing more than a minimized computer screen (and yes, multi-touch existed before)

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually, there are lawsuits in other markets. Companies also license other companies patents. Some people also forget that patents also expire and the knowledge or technology becomes public domain.

I know...thats why I said this:

How come there arent all these lawsuits in other markets? Why does Apple seem so sue happy compared to other companies in other markets? Nothing slowed down by companies not suing in other markets. Great strides were made in many, many, many markets with no lawsuits.

There have been a sprinkle of lawsuits in other markets....but no where to the lengths of what Apple has done/is doing. Thats the point some seem to overlook. Great innovation happens in many, many other areas....where some things can be seen as copies of something that came before it.....without all the lawsuits.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Get off your high horse and come down here with the rest of world if you truly think Apple or Steve Jobs didn't commit any patent infringement taking someone else's work and improve on it and using it in their own products. I'm not going to say Google didn't commit any infringement, but Apple is not that innocent and I know for a fact Apple and Steve Jobs has their dirty little secrets. Don't get me wrong I've owned plenty of Apple products and think they do make great products but I'm not that naive.

Not on a high horse. Apple has been sued and made payouts. It's just funny that Samsung documents turn up that has high racking Samsung Officers telling subordinates to copy the look and feel of the iPhone and then people get bent out of shape when Apple sues them. It the hatred for Apple that people have when Apple defends their IP that I don't understand.

I know...thats why I said this:

Yep, I wasn't clear. It happens more than you might think. It's just that Apple is news worthy, companies like VIA and Phoenix are not.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not on a high horse. Apple has been sued and made payouts. It's just funny that Samsung documents turn up that has high racking Samsung Officers telling subordinates to copy the look and feel of the iPhone and then people get bent out of shape when Apple sues them. It the hatred for Apple that people have when Apple defends their IP that I don't understand.

Same goes the other way.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So, which IPs is Apple defending this time? The rounded corners, square icons with rounded corners, metal banding aroind the device, length of the sync/charge cable, color of the device.

This day and age most tech gadgets can only be produced in a similar fashion, not because they want people to believe they are buying an i-device, but that people want a device that is comfortable to hold and use. This limits a device to certain parameters.

If someone uses patented parameters, then the lawsuits start to fly. Apple has just been one of the major litigators in recent history because they can feel the sting of Android beating on them at every turn.

Google will not litigate with Apple as they have mentioned in the past, whether it is due to a weak IP portfolio, or the backlash they may see from Cupertino, who knows. But I will guarantee that their purchase of Motorola mobility was a call to arms of sort in the anticipation of Apple setting their sights on them.

Besides, Google is totally content to sit on the sidelines and rake in their ad revenues while all of this plays out.

As for myself, I have owned iphones and macbooks and will never own another Apple product again. I don't hate the products, just hate their business choices.

Besides, Apples newest lawsuits encompass 22 samsung devices. Where is LG, HTC, BlackBerry etc. They all make rectangular devices with rounded corners. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Nothing can beat the iPad at the moment. The Macbook was also proved to be the most stable laptop to run Windows. Although I agree that their products are quite overpriced and the iPhone is getting worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I agree on Apple making awesome products. I have the ipad 2 which runs like butter still and my mac pro which beats any laptop out there (best trackpad) . The iPhone is just old boring and not to mention it's tiny screen. We do so much with our phones and have so many apps, we need bigger screens! Over half of my friends left the iPhone for a galaxy s3/s4 and haven't looked back, including me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple is afraid of competition?
My thought is that they feel threaten by Samsung because their phones blow the icrap (cough I mean iphone) far off. Like I said earlier most of my friends have left their iphones for galaxy s3/s4 including myself. The iphone is dying and they know it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I wen to High School in San Jose California, so I used Apple and IBM computers a lot and I love the ones from Apple. I have used the iPhone 3s, 4, 4s and 5 and I still can't find something that would make me stay with them.

I am a proud owner of a launch day Palm Prē and PalmPad (HP TouchPad) and still love those devices but I have used and really liked a lot several Motorola phones. And now I'm looking to replace my trusty Photon 4G with a HTC One or a Galaxy device (S4 or Note 3).

The truth is Apple is great but they are also a bunch of aholes acting as if they invented everything! Well, they didn't! Motorola, Palm, Nokia, Siemens and others have done most of the heavy lifting and now Apple is just acting as if they were God and created the earth! :mad:

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
All of this competition mumbo jumbo is such bull crap. Apple and Samsung are going to ruin each other if they keep coming for the throat. I'm just waiting for Google to take over the world and I can finally enjoy 1gbps internet, self driving cars, quantum computing, and ACTUAL innovation after innovation.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just want your thoughts on apple adding the Galaxy S 4 to the infringement suite....It is very upsetting to see a company as apple not to buckle down and compete like warriors instead they want to be pansies and do all this infringement crap...:mad:

well, considering that most of the patents Apple used to "win" the infringement suite have since been invalidated, I don't think they'll get very far with the request.

Aznmrtaxes

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
well, considering that most of the patents Apple used to "win" the infringement suite have since been invalidated, I don't think they'll get very far with the request.

I'm waiting on the day the judge finally says enough is enough. And slap a billion dollar fine on apple for all the trouble it caused our justice system, and using that to set the precedent for all future patent suits.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

The flip side of that coin:

Samsung trial evidence reveals Apple patting itself on the back for silent presence at events, studying the competition

Date of the slides....Feb 2006. Samsung F700 and the LG Prada actual phone models were on display....iPhone wasnt. Not saying or trying to infer anything. Just that everything concerning Apple isnt so cut n dry. Apple does its fair share of studying the competition too. Interestingly enough....Apple did a comparison of the ....F700 and LG Prada...and something to the iPod. Remember....all these devices were on display. iPhone wasnt.

jesterheadd

May 29, 2013
Visit site
The flip side of that coin:

Samsung trial evidence reveals Apple patting itself on the back for silent presence at events, studying the competition

Date of the slides....Feb 2006. Samsung F700 and the LG Prada actual phone models were on display....iPhone wasnt. Not saying or trying to infer anything. Just that everything concerning Apple isnt so cut n dry. Apple does its fair share of studying the competition too. Interestingly enough....Apple did a comparison of the ....F700 and LG Prada...and something to the iPod. Remember....all these devices were on display. iPhone wasnt.

Wrong. Iphone was announced in january 2007. F700 announced february 2007, prada - december 2006.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Wrong. Iphone was announced in january 2007. F700 announced february 2007, prada - december 2006.

I never said when the iPhone was/wasnt announced....just that it wasnt at that show.... And if you check the slides....the F700 was at that show Feb 2006. LG Prada too. All the info is there on the slides in the link. Those slides were evidence in the mega trial....they are property of Apple....

I gave all the info in the post....actual evidence from the trial....Apple did size comparisons to the Prada, F700 and Samsung F300 for iPod Nano comparisons...all this is before Jan 2007...a show they didnt attend or have a booth at. Thats all I was saying....

You would be surprised the tech thats shown off first in other countries. Did you know LTE was demoed in China or Japan about a year before the first US carrier had LTE? The first 3D Android phone was overseas....the LG Prada won an award in some country before it even launched in the US....

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am against software patents.

That being stated, I remember even Google warned Samsung not to copy Apple so much.....

This posted while looking at my beautiful well designed S4.

P.S. I am happy that Samsung copied the home button placement.....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463