These were on my GS3 and wish they were on my GS4.

1. When I'm on a call using the speaker phone there was a little round button that you could tap to amplify the sound.

2. When a text message was received with the screen locked and off it would light up the screen.

Is there anything else that is missed. Give me these 2 things back and I'll be happy. Not sure why they would take them away. Hmmmmm.
    05-14-2013 03:10 PM
    Not sure about number one, but number two can be solved by using Go SMS Pro.
    05-14-2013 03:17 PM
    Answer to #1 : after you initiate call, there is a little "phone" icon on the bottom right of the contact picture. This amplifies the sound.
    byeblackberry likes this.
    05-14-2013 03:29 PM
    Answer to #1 : after you initiate call, there is a little "phone" icon on the bottom right of the contact picture. This amplifies the sound.
    Hahaha, right in front of my face. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 03:49 PM

1. When I'm on a call using the speaker phone there was a little round button that you could tap to amplify the sound.

2. When a text message was received with the screen locked and off it would light up the screen.

Is there anything else that is missed. Give me these 2 things back and I'll be happy. Not sure why they would take them away. Hmmmmm.
    I still have all those things on my S4... Actually, #2 is also a number 1 complaint for Galaxy newcomers :P hehehe They don't like their phones lighting up whenever they get a message if they already have the notification LED (I agree with them, I've just learned to live with it... I don't use SMS that much, anyway...)
    05-14-2013 03:52 PM
    I still have all those things on my S4... Actually, #2 is also a number 1 complaint for Galaxy newcomers :P hehehe They don't like their phones lighting up whenever they get a message if they already have the notification LED (I agree with them, I've just learned to live with it... I don't use SMS that much, anyway...)
    You must not have sprint. For some reason the Sprint gs4 does not light up when you receive a text message.

05-14-2013 04:08 PM
    Yeah, I'm on Mexico's Telcel, which is always the same model as AT&T's. But I've owned International, factory-unlocked Galaxy phones before (Galaxy S2 and Note 2, and my partner has an unlocked S3) and they all have this behavior. I guess Sprint has more consumers that voiced their disgust for this and decided to remove it :P
    05-14-2013 04:16 PM

1. I think it still has this, I am pretty sure I saw it but I will double check
    2. It still does that...well at least on mine it does, I use stock messenger and it lights up when I get a message
    05-14-2013 04:38 PM
    well...for some reason mine won't light up the screen when an SMS is received.... not that i use them that much hahahaha, but my galaxy s2 did do that... and mine is telcel's too D:
    05-14-2013 04:48 PM
    When in a call the att model has that little button which gives you several choices like clear voice etc.
    05-14-2013 05:39 PM
    You must not have sprint. For some reason the Sprint gs4 does not light up when you receive a text message.

My notification light lights up but not the screen. It's annoying but oh well. I guess Samsung shoved to much crap into this thing that they didn't have enough room to add code for the screen to light up.
    05-14-2013 08:03 PM
    Just to be fair, if our sets do and yours doesn't, it means the code WAS there... your carrier decided to remove it, not Sammy
    05-15-2013 08:15 AM