10-08-2013 02:34 PM
48 12
tools
    Looks like the battery charges about 80% the speed of usb.
    05-16-2013 09:16 PM
    I have also been using the Palm Pre Inductive charger with my Galaxy S4. I purchased a back cover from eBay that has the inductive coil installed from a Palm Pre device.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Back Cover White | eBay

I really, really like have inductive charging capability. Once you get used to it, you will not want to do without it.
    05-16-2013 09:38 PM
    I have also been using the Palm Pre Inductive charger with my Galaxy S4. I purchased a back cover from eBay that has the inductive coil installed from a Palm Pre device.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Back Cover White | eBay

I really, really like have inductive charging capability. Once you get used to it, you will not want to do without it.
    Why case do you have?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 09:58 PM
    Release the OEM wireless charging back already! Interesting the see the touchstone chargers and backs. They must have scored a bunch of them! I sure hope the OEM back is Qi compatible because that is the charging mat I have...
    05-16-2013 10:18 PM
    Just ordered the pre fabbed S4 back and a couple touchstones. My former pre loving (iphone using) friend is going to flip the _ _ _ _ out.
    05-16-2013 11:11 PM
    Vasekvi, I use a bumper case, so the back is exposed. If I cover up the exposed back with sticky notes (5 notes thick), it will still charge, so a thin TPU case would probably still work with the touchstone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 11:30 AM
    Vasekvi, I use a bumper case, so the back is exposed. If I cover up the exposed back with sticky notes (5 notes thick), it will still charge, so a thin TPU case would probably still work with the touchstone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Awesome. All I need in a case is for the camera to be protected when I set the phone down. I don't know why Samsung doesn't design better protection for the camera lens. The bumper case you have keeps the camera from touching when you set the phone down?

05-17-2013 11:47 AM
    I'm trying ot stick with Qi since I think that will be the standard going forward instead of touchstone. Plus if I ever decide to get the official cover from samsung I can still use the charging plates.
    05-17-2013 12:40 PM
    Awesome. All I need in a case is for the camera to be protected when I set the phone down. I don't know why Samsung doesn't design better protection for the camera lens. The bumper case you have keeps the camera from touching when you set the phone down?
    Yes, the bumper case I have lifts the back of the phone up just enough to keep the camera lens from making contact with the surface of whatever I sit it down on.

This is the bumper case I have:

Amazon.com: rooCASE Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV GS4 - TPU Black / Gray (Compatible with ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-17-2013 07:46 PM
    Yes, the bumper case I have lifts the back of the phone up just enough to keep the camera lens from making contact with the surface of whatever I sit it down on.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV GS4 - TPU Black / Gray (Compatible with ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories
    That's a good looking case. I might have to get that. If the back gets scratched I can always replace it.

05-17-2013 08:58 PM
    Not yet, but coming... You'll need to buy a special backcover, though... In any case, why go Inductive? The charger is way too expensive, it is still attached to a power outlet or charging port, the phone still needs to be in contact with the cradle, and good luck if you want to use it comfortably while charging... I'd rather deal with a cable than with all that, IMHO
    My first thoughts are multiple devices. Especially if you're talking about devices with different style ports. A charging mat on the coffee table or end table in the living room, so everyone in the family can drop multiple devices on it, no matter which plug they take. It would be nice to get rid of a few cables. Same for my bed side. If I get a smartwatch like the pebble, or agent. The agent is made for inductive charging. It would be nice to come in and drop the phone and watch on a charging stand/mat rather than have to plug everything in.

Public area's were they have charging stands or mats. I work in an area that provides charging for free to the public. There's a mess of wires, and I think it would be nice to see a charging mat or a few charging stands instead.

At this time we only have a few items in the house so I'm with you on cost versus benefit at this time. I can see a time rather soon where the benefits will be worth it. That and usually when the market increases we get to see costs come down.
    05-28-2013 05:45 PM
    I get your point, but just like with different charging ports (which, let's face it, in recent devices only Apple, some legacy Nokia, and some SonyEricsson devices ditched the microUSB port), induction chargers are not compatible with every device that supports inductive charging. Ask anyone who's tried to use the Touchstone or the Qi with a generic modification...
    05-29-2013 07:36 AM
    It is an inefficient way to charge a phone (uses more electricity), and the hardware is much more expensive ($30 - $40 compared to a $10 plug-in).
    That being said, it was one of the coolest things on my Palm Pre, and I had a Touchstone at my office, and another on the kitchen counter. Sign me up.
    Electricity isn't an issue its a dollar a year or less.
    We find we like the cool factor as well, and with multiple devices to charge in that location. It frees up the Usb 's for the non Qi devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2013 08:57 AM
    I just got an email update from wiqiqi about their indiegogo campaign that I purchased from, they said products should be shipping Friday or Saturday, I bought the charging mat and receiver for my s4, I'll update when I get it.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-29-2013 12:03 PM

I got this Belkin case with my Fry's Electronics employee discount for $15. Looks very similar. Very happy with it. Gonna order the film soon and will report back with video!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Inductive Charging-uploadfromtaptalk1369864522913.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S4 Inductive Charging-uploadfromtaptalk1369864554850.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    05-29-2013 04:56 PM
    The one thing I can never understand about Samsung is their inability to have accessories ready for the launch of their phones. We are always waiting for accessories to come out and users are left going with alternatives.
    planoman likes this.
    05-31-2013 09:01 PM
    Will this work with a otter box on it like the commuter or the defender?
    06-12-2013 03:26 PM
    Will this work with a otter box on it like the commuter or the defender?
    I don't know about the Samsung inductive charging system but the palm touchstone won't work if the back is too thick.

06-12-2013 07:43 PM
    I just ordered the inductive coil for $25 shipped. I will report back on how it works and what the charge rate is and if it will work with a thicker case. Which I doubt.

06-18-2013 08:31 PM
    I wonder if it will work with the aftermarket Anker extended battery? The back plate is thicker, but so is the battery....
    06-18-2013 09:21 PM
    I wonder if it will work with the aftermarket Anker extended battery? The back plate is thicker, but so is the battery....
    How much thicker? The film is flexible it may work if you don't have to contort it too much.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Inductive Charging-uploadfromtaptalk1371608889360.jpg

You'll have to just make sure the contacts touch and that the coil flat against the backplate.

06-18-2013 09:29 PM
    I just got my inductive coil kit. I wrote a brief review here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=290442
    Palm Touchstone Inductive Charging Galaxy S4

06-20-2013 07:17 PM
    It is amazing the amount of cellular repairs that are specific to a broken inlet charger.
    10-08-2013 02:34 PM
48 12